Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Could a brit be P4P #1 soon ?

If Hatton beats Cotto in his next fight and Calzaghe beats Kessler and Floyd stays retired do you think any of them could end up P4P #1 by the end of the year?

There's only Winky if he beats BHOP and pacman who could have a claim to be above them if they won them fights imo?

opinions?
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Could a brit be P4P #1 soon ?

IF floyd stays retired and IF hatton beats cotto while pac stays relatively inactive, i'd give it to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think calzaghe has to do more than beat the lesser kessler to be no 1 p4p...i think with floyd retired, hatton, pacman, and winky have the better shots..but i'd have to see hatton again at 147 because he really looked bad against collazo and i don't think he can handle the seven pounds...

i think is Jc came over to fight the winner of hopkins/wright he be pound for pound no 1 and would solidify all the praise he's been getting without ever doing anything to earn it...although i think to still be undefeated is great because to be undefeated in a professional sport is remarkable regardless of who you're fighting
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    If Hatton beats Cotto in his next fight and Calzaghe beats Kessler and Floyd stays retired do you think any of them could end up P4P #1 by the end of the year?

There's only Winky if he beats BHOP and pacman who could have a claim to be above them if they won them fights imo?

opinions?
    Er possibly, but i doubt it, would Hatton be seen as number 1 even if he did beat Cotto? Same with Calzaghe if he beats say Kessler then hopkins/Winky winner will he be number 1? Id put them both at 2 if they did the business against the men mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    IF floyd stays retired and IF hatton beats cotto while pac stays relatively inactive, i'd give it to him.
    Of course by the same token, cotto knocking off judah, margarito (from what i expect), and then hatton if the fight happened, would have a very strong case.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    i think calzaghe has to do more than beat the lesser kessler to be no 1 p4p...i think with floyd retired, hatton, pacman, and winky have the better shots..but i'd have to see hatton again at 147 because he really looked bad against collazo and i don't think he can handle the seven pounds...

i think is Jc came over to fight the winner of hopkins/wright he be pound for pound no 1 and would solidify all the praise he's been getting without ever doing anything to earn it...although i think to still be undefeated is great because to be undefeated in a professional sport is remarkable regardless of who you're fighting
    Calzaghe would have to beat kessler and the winner of wright/hopkins to even be in the conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe is defo top 5 if he beats kessler
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont forget rafael and juan manuel marquez..

i dont think winky or kopkins will have a good exciting fight like we are getting use to this year.. so that will hurt them.. they stay in the middle of p4p

if hatton beats cotto in the "kostya-castillo" style a mid to late round knock out

and if calzaghe beats kessler like he beat lacy i could see them being #1, #2 although i'm not sure in which would be #1

and this is all if mayweather retires.. if he dont The Ring Mag. will rank him p4p #1 for a while... 1 1/2 year probably

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course by the same token, cotto knocking off judah, margarito (from what i expect), and then hatton if the fight happened, would have a very strong case.

Calzaghe would have to beat kessler and the winner of wright/hopkins to even be in the conversation.
    I don't agree about Calzaghe, imo Kessler has done just as much as Miguel Cotto it's just being based in Denmark he doesn't get the exposure.

Up until Cotto's win over Judah I don't see what more he's done than Kessler, both are undefeated although Kessler has never looked in trouble. Both are two time world champions. If Kessler was from South America and fighting in the states he'd have a far bigger profile being bigger than Edison Miranda and Pavlik certainly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire

i dont think winky or kopkins will have a good exciting fight like we are getting use to this year.. so that will hurt them.. they stay in the middle of p4p

if hatton beats cotto in the "kostya-castillo" style a mid to late round knock out

and if calzaghe beats kessler like he beat lacy i could see them being #1, #2 although i'm not sure in which would be #1

and this is all if mayweather retires.. if he dont The Ring Mag. will rank him p4p #1 for a while... 1 1/2 year probably
    Calzaghe has just stayed at one division while the others have climbed up several. drifting boxers usually get the p4p nod more than one division guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if hatton is in the conversation then certainly Jc should be in it..because before last night hatton only had wins over Kt and collazo..calzaghe the same with wins over eubank and lacy are pretty much the same thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if hatton is in the conversation then certainly Jc should be in it..because before last night hatton only had wins over Kt and collazo..calzaghe the same with wins over eubank and lacy are pretty much the same thing...
    we're talking the #1 spot not just the top three. Beating kessler probably boosts calzaghe in the top three but i dont think it will be a strong enough case for #1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe has just stayed at one division while the others have climbed up several. drifting boxers usually get the p4p nod more than one division guys.
    Yes i totally agree, for number 1 status Clazage needs three big wins. Kessler Hopkins and maybe Dawson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we're talking the #1 spot not just the top three. Beating kessler probably boosts calzaghe in the top three but i dont think it will be a strong enough case for #1.
    agreed..i said he'd have to do more than beat the lesser kessler to be no 1....i think beating the winner of bhop/wright is twice as much as beating kessler...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

true but....... we are talking about a guy thats been champion of that division for ten years... and i think he could easly go up and win a Lt.-heavyweight title

by beating kessler who is a fringe p4p in my opinion.. actually i think kessler would beat winky and d-hop... but if calzaghe can beat kessler "lacy style" he should be concidered for p4p #1 possibly 3 or 4

if calzaghe beats kessler convincingly he would smoke anyone in the 160-175 range no problem

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah not at all, B Hop got to p4p number 1 in the world for his 19 title defenses even though 17 were against nobodies and two against far smaller men.

Hagler is revered as one of the all time greats as well whilst never fighting outside of the middleweight division.

Length of dominance means a lot.

Thread Information