Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I don't care if he KO's anyone, I DO care that he throws punches....he did for HALF of the Baldomir fight the other half he just ran around like a little punk he is
    You dislike floyd (who is undefeated and a 5 division champ) but you like wlad ALOT (who has lost to a journeyman).

Floyd's black and so is al sharpeton.

Wlad's white.

Lyle... You're a racist. :P

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

.....when you put it like that.....YES, I am racist

Oh wait, there are white people I dislike: The Clintons, Hippies, Mike Marrone, conspiracy theorists, etc

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with just being a Hate Monger....but I'll try to work on becoming racist, honest I will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I came to a conclusion that the only reason I kind hate on Floyd is because i want for him to at least unify at any weight no matter if it is at 140, 147, 154. I mean at 154 there is travis Simms uff that will be a very hard fight for PBF that guy is fast and strong with great boxing, at 147 we got MArgo, Cotto, Pwillias , Mosley ans then some and at 140 there is Hatton. I just want for him to unify ate any of those weights
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet because I stopped reading at page 4 when this started getting ridiculous. But I was thinking about this topic and realized that he probobly would have never made it to these guys. Aaron Pryor would've kicked his ass at 140.

Look PBF is a great fighter, but his rise to power through the 140 and 147 lb division was a joke. Its just too hard to try and calculate how good he is because he just has not been truelly tested. He came up at precisely the right time to not fight anybody. I'm not saying it was his fault, It was his time to come up and if there was nobody in the way he is not to blame for that. Very similar to Jones Jr later in his caree. However, Roy made up for it with his long reign and total dominance of his division (175).

We would have gotten a better picture of Floyd's greatness if he had come up a 5 - 6 years earliear (KT, DLH, Mosley, Tito, Quartey, Vargas) or even a year later ( Hatton, Cotto, Margarito). Then we would know how good he is. The fact is we don't know and if he stays retired we will never know. He has to do what Jones did. He has to dominate a division (147).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    I came to a conclusion that the only reason I kind hate on Floyd is because i want for him to at least unify at any weight no matter if it is at 140, 147, 154. I mean at 154 there is travis Simms uff that will be a very hard fight for PBF that guy is fast and strong with great boxing, at 147 we got MArgo, Cotto, Pwillias , Mosley ans then some and at 140 there is Hatton. I just want for him to unify ate any of those weights
    CC Puya. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

El Kabong Guest

It is his fault he hasn't been tested....who do you think kept the Hatton fight from happening, who kept the Margarito fight from happening, who's never going to step in the ring with Miguel Cotto, who wants to retire right now?

Floyd is a paper tiger until he unifies....he's a very good fighter and he did beat De la Hoya but I can't put him up with ANY of the greats simply because he hasn't beaten everyone who is out there....Leonard, Hearns, Pryor, Chavez, Duran, Arguello, Sanchez, Gomez, Cuevas....those guys fought pretty much everyone who could pose a threat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was in that era it wouldn't make a difference cause he would have found a way to avoid those guys anyway.

At least while they're still in their prime.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is his fault he hasn't been tested....who do you think kept the Hatton fight from happening, who kept the Margarito fight from happening, who's never going to step in the ring with Miguel Cotto, who wants to retire right now?

Floyd is a paper tiger until he unifies....he's a very good fighter and he did beat De la Hoya but I can't put him up with ANY of the greats simply because he hasn't beaten everyone who is out there....Leonard, Hearns, Pryor, Chavez, Duran, Arguello, Sanchez, Gomez, Cuevas....those guys fought pretty much everyone who could pose a threat
    Floyd kept the Hatton fight from happening Yeah, Hatton running back down to 140 when Floyd was on his way up to 154 really showed how gung-ho Ricky was about trying to make that fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher

Floyd kept the Hatton fight from happening Yeah, Hatton running back down to 140 when Floyd was on his way up to 154 really showed how gung-ho Ricky was about trying to make that fight
    2 different styles, Floyds style better suited for moving up in weight. , Mayweather aint gonna fight any how, so what difference weight gain for him ? Ricky on the other hand comes to fight. He needs to stay at the correct weight. 140 is spot on for Hatton, that where his frame puts him !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    It's hard to pick out specific things when it's all he does....the walking away from a fighter, the head nodding at a fighter, the picking up a fighter so he could beat him up more...actually that was funny but it's still disrespectful.....I can't remember ANY respect Floyd ever gave ANYONE.....even his pops as a fighter he talked S*** about him.
    And when has he done any of these things? I offered the one example of the time he kept patting his chin against Judah in the 12th round. That was definitely showboating, and I'm sure part of it was to embarrass Judah because Zab had hit him intentionally below the belt and in the back of the head.
    Other than that I can't think of a single instance of Floyd showboating in the ring. There's a difference between trash-talking in the buildup to fights (which Floyd does all the time) and showboating in the ring. I'd say Floyd is a big trash talker, but in the ring he sticks to business, he doesn't clown around or showboat.
    If he were that big of a showboater, I would think that people would be able to come up with at least 4 or 5 examples right off the top of their head.
    Sweetpea, I don't think Mayweather's a showboater either, but let me help Lyle out with an example: talking to Jim Lampley while fighting someone in the ring. He's done it 2-3 times and once was so bad that Lampley had to stop talking to Floyd so Floyd would stop talking to him. Specifically, I think Mayweather predicted the Falcons would win a game against a team I can't remember now, Lampley said something else, and then Mayweather responded to that too. But that doesn't overshadow a whole career.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that JonesJrMayweather is a 15 year old wannabe gangster who watdches the occasional boxing match and hears about how Mayweather and Roy Jones are "the shit" and "gangsta" so he watches them and noone else but maybe Tyson and automatically proclaims them the greatest evah! He has no knowledge of the sport AT ALL. He knows which fighters are cool and got respect "in da hood" (aka his suburban neighborhood) and consideres them the best. The sad part is he has to share his ridiculous thoughts with an educated boxing forum. It's annoying enough hearing you retards on the streets or at school, but on a boxing forum trying to disprove people who actually know their shit is maddening. Stop posting dude, for everyone else's sake.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess some one has some anger god you haven't been on forms very long to judge people.

Thread Information