Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

PBF is a good fighter but seems to me that he just missing something i mean the best win i think he has is over old Oscar not a shot Oscar but a old one but that is not his fault can't blame him for his era. But my question is how would he have done in the era of Duran, Leonard and Hearns. Would he still be undefeated and consider the pound for pound best my thoughts are no he wouldn't but thats is just my opinion and i am curse to hear your thoughts one the subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    PBF is a good fighter but seems to me that he just missing something i mean the best win i think he has is over old Oscar not a shot Oscar but a old one but that is not his fault can't blame him for his era. But my question is how would he have done in the era of Duran, Leonard and Hearns. Would he still be undefeated and consider the pound for pound best my thoughts are no he wouldn't but thats is just my opinion and i am curse to hear your thoughts one the subject.
    I think PBF is a little smaller than the guys you mentioned but..

PBF is much faster than they are but duran, hearns, and hagler are pressure fighters that could not just knoch him out but get a decision..

leonard-mayweather would be real interesting but truthfully probably boring? sad but true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If PBF fought in the era Leonard, Hearns and Duran how do you think he do

hmmmm i would say PBF is slower then SRL....especially at combo punching personally! All depends how you rated the fab 4 i suppose...and in what order! I think PBF would be beaten by SRL, Hagler...not sure about Hearns, becuase he was such a tricky customer which the rangey power punches...i think Mayweather vs Duran would be veryyyyy interesting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think he would still be undefeated because he wouldn't fight any them anyway. Floyd carefully selects his opposition and i think he would see them as a little too dangerous to risk possible defeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's tough to compare Leonard and Hearns to Floyd because they're much bigger than he was. Leonard and Hearns both started their careers at 147. Hearns especially was a very big welterweight.

Duran is a more interesting discussion because he was similar to Floyd, in that he started in the lower weight classes. Duran-Floyd would be an interesting matchup. I would pick Duran to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    hmmmm i would say PBF is slower then SRL....especially at combo punching personally! All depends how you rated the fab 4 i suppose...and in what order! I think PBF would be beaten by SRL, Hagler...not sure about Hearns, becuase he was such a tricky customer which the rangey power punches...i think Mayweather vs Duran would be veryyyyy interesting!
    PBF has more explosive speed, but he doesn't throw combinations the same way. 130-135 pound Mayweather was faster than Leonard, but latter on I think they equaled out in speed or maybe little in favor of Mayweather. I think Mayweather would beat Duran in close fights from 135-147 or split wins like Leonard did with Duran, I think he would go on the offensive against Leonard like he did against Judah, and win a close decision. Against Hearns I think he gets outboxed early because of Hearns' height and speed, but then Mayweather will work inside and eventually take over the fight as Hearns would tire out. Hagler... Mayweather would have never fought Hagler.

While I know these guys are all bigger than Mayweather, and comparible athletes I think he is a more schooled fighter than any of them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SRL vs PBF i give that to sugar because i think he is faster then pbf and has better speed and power and has beaten better fighter then PBF and how can you think a plan on ZAb would work on Leonard zab doesn't belong in the same breath as Leonard does i give it to Sugar but late stoppage in 12 and if you go by old time rules meaning 15 rounds i favor sugar even more.

El Kabong Guest

...he'd get his ass whipped that's how he'd do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more i think about it the more i dont like Pbf chances

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Besides a old oscar who has PBf beaten that is worth mentioning as a great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now if he beats Mosley and Winky then i will get off his back on opposition and give him more credit.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mayweather losses to Hearns and Duran. But I'll take him over Leonard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now if he beats Mosley and Winky then i will get off his back on opposition and give him more credit.
    Im hardly a Mayweather fan but Winky is a LOT bigger, Mosely yeah but Winky?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wants to call him self the pound for pound best i think he should take Winky no problem right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But you might be right kel i think i am coming off as a mayweather hater

Thread Information