Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HOW TO FIGHT A SOUTHPAW! by Tommy Noel

It's great that you try to help.

If I seem dismissive of your advice sometimes it's because I'm taking a peek at the forum here and there from uni and can't read long posts easily because I'm trying not to get busted.

I always like Scraps straight to the point, brief answers only answering the direct Q because I am time limited. If I had more time and patience I'm sure I'd CC you more often

I'll be a bit more human when I finish my PhD and I'm allowed to have a life again so please excuse my grumpiness don't let it get you down
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It isn't your fault at all. I just haven't been on point all the time. It's like Monkey said, KISS.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least you're enthusiastic which is good for anything you want to achieve I think. I'm sure you'll learn quickly how to be a master forum advice giver who caters to everyone's needs - not that I'm a forum communication expert myself - i'm just sure that you get a lot of practice so improvement is inevitable It is a generous thing to do with your time so you deserve some credit for that.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    It isn't your fault at all. I just haven't been on point all the time. It's like Monkey said, KISS.
    Eh Chris,its easy to over analize
    I think that why my trainers early on beat the KISS idea in to my head early on,they saw I was the type who would do just that
    And I am,youd love to sit in on me watching tape,where if I forget Im explaining why the guy blinked

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap and his proverbs. It's not catering or about the info, it's about getting the point across without burying a person alive. I find it's easy to show a person how to do something, but to put things in words can be hard at times. If you look at a good trainer, you'll notice that the guy is good at getting a point across. Sometimes he can make an analogy that says a 1000 words, or he knows the right buttons to press to get the person to arrive at that point all on their own.

So right now it's just like what I said K.I.S.S. without keeping it simple I'm a broken compass.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been told off by every coach I've ever had for over-thinking and over analysing things - still trying to break the habit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap and his proverbs. It's not catering or about the info, it's about getting the point across without burying a person alive. I find it's easy to show a person how to do something, but to put things in words can be hard at times. If you look at a good trainer, you'll notice that the guy is good at getting a point across. Sometimes he can make an analogy that says a 1000 words, or he knows the right buttons to press to get the person to arrive at that point all on their own.

So right now it's just like what I said K.I.S.S. without keeping it simple I'm a broken compass.
    CC Chris
    When you get too complicated your thinking about too many things in an enviroment where you have no time to think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's okay to look at all the ins and outs that's what the great fighters do. It's putting everything together and seeing the bigger picture. It's important not to get hung up on the little stuff. It's like they say in rap, "Don't sweat the technique."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's okay to look at all the ins and outs that's what the great fighters do. It's putting everything together and seeing the bigger picture. It's important not to get hung up on the little stuff. It's like they say in rap, "Don't sweat the technique."
    Work your b@@ls off,make it instinct,and apply your instincts

Thread Information