Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What a tool Frank Warren is!!

His weekly shitty coloum on his website, nearly bleats on about how Ricky is this that and the other every week, and his words last week were Ricky was past his best and would probably come home the loser, oh but guess what not one mention of the Hatton fight, wow that must be the first passage Frank has given us without a word about Ricky in about two years and he thinks he will work with Ricky again hahahaha dream on Franky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a tool Frank Warren is!!

is that article written by him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themusic
    Yes go to his website. www.frankwarren.tv, not one mention of one of the best if not the best Brtish performance in a Las Vegas ring, but i tell you what if Ricky had been beaton Jesus Frank would of been up all weekend putting together his expert analysis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Yes go to his website. www.frankwarren.tv, not one mention of one of the best if not the best Brtish performance in a Las Vegas ring, but i tell you what if Ricky had been beaton Jesus Frank would of been up all weekend putting together his expert analysis.
    Date: 29 Jun 2007 : Author: Iain Axon : Category: FRANKLY SPEAKING : Views: 252 :Comments: 0
    says iain axon is the author

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Date: 29 Jun 2007 : Author: Iain Axon : Category: FRANKLY SPEAKING : Views: 252 :Comments: 0
    says iain axon is the author

It's Franks words mate, so did Iain manage fighters to World titles? Go read the article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just going off who the stated author is of that story.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Standard procedure amongst people like Frank, or any other sporting celebrity is that they will speak with one of the journalists on the paper (or I suppose Iain Axon would do a similar job, as he runs FWTV) and then tell them what's got his goat that week. Then the journalist writes up a column along those lines, then calls the person back, and briefly describes what is in the column, and the guy gives it the okay, and its printed.

And no i'm not making this s**t up, we had a seminar on it at my Sports Journalism module of my degree. And the Footie writer from the mail told me this (Martin summat, i can't recall). Apparently, the worst guy he's ever shadow-written for was Tony Adams,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Standard procedure amongst people like Frank, or any other sporting celebrity is that they will speak with one of the journalists on the paper (or I suppose Iain Axon would do a similar job, as he runs FWTV) and then tell them what's got his goat that week. Then the journalist writes up a column along those lines, then calls the person back, and briefly describes what is in the column, and the guy gives it the okay, and its printed.

And no i'm not making this s**t up, we had a seminar on it at my Sports Journalism module of my degree. And the Footie writer from the mail told me this (Martin summat, i can't recall). Apparently, the worst guy he's ever shadow-written for was Tony Adams,
    Adams was probably pissed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not in one bit surprised at the amount of front being shown by Frank Warren.

Class act that man, class act.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That colum had a weekly assualt on the hitman no question about it but in his defense ....
    After the Calzaghe v manfredo fight and undercard he simply couldn't delve any lower into promoting so everything now is a bonus.
    Seriously the Khan and Cook night has a Brilliant undercard and i don't see Hobson bringing Hatton to the UK in any way shape or form with only Clinton Woods to offer as an undercard.
    Could they work together bringing the Hitman to the UK?,i can't see Frank letting anyone put on a fight of that magnitude (Rickys homecoming) in London especially without some serious resistance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can't see Frank letting anyone put on a fight of that magnitude (Rickys homecoming) in London especially without some serious resistance.
    Yeah, I agree.

In fact anywhere in the UK...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats the word round the Hatton campfire, would they seriously consider an offer from Frank or will it be as one of the boys put it "Right we've kept our end of the deal and talked with you, now eff off"
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Whats the word round the Hatton campfire, would they seriously consider an offer from Frank or will it be as one of the boys put it "Right we've kept our end of the deal and talked with you, now eff off"
    Surely telling Fwank to "eff off" would be, in the strictest sense, be considered to have talked with him?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    I honestly don't know...suffice to say future talks have formed some basis in the Hattons having the court cases dropped against them.

At this stage I suspect Franks making a big deal out of it just cos he's Frank Warren...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Frank Warren not just doing what a promotor does? Promoting HIS fighters.

Maybe I dont know the whole picture, and I'll stand corrected if I am missing something out, but from how it looks to me is that Frank was promoting Ricky's matches, building him up slowly, nurturing him, choosing the right opponents so as to advance him. Then I heard in the media that Ricky was disgruntled because he wasnt getting the big fights. So Frank Warren gave one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world, Kostya Tszyu, a career best payday of $6 Million to get him to Ricky's home town Manchester. Frank delivered and so did Ricky with the stoppage of Tszyu. Ricky leaves Frank Warren as soon as hes made it in the boxing world.

Is the bottom line not that Frank Warren delivered Ricky the big fight and then Ricky Hatton showed no loyalty by walking out on Warren immediately afterwards? If you were him would you not be annoyed to have your star fighter walk out on you when the big fights are just around the corner?

Maybe someone can point out what I cant see.

Thread Information