Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who,What & How

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Commercial for the Fight & New Pavlik Audio LP)

Sucks that they are both about to move up, I hope the winner can at least try to unify against Abraham. The winner is the man at 160 no doubt. We will find out if Kelly can box with the top guys, and I think we all know he packs a punch. Still stabding by my prediction of a mid round KO for Pavlik maybe around 6-8th.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Taylor is going to get Knock the Fuk Cold
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Commercial for the Fight & New Pavlik Audio LP)

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Without having to read every page of this thread ,wot British channel is it on?

Balls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm. i still reckon Jermaine is gonna come good. Altho im startin t9o feel that it may be a ground out UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg

The thing about Pavlik is all of the guys he has beat were all within two or three fights of a loss. He has beat 2 or 3 good fighters but not great. Taylor has "beat" or been competitive with great fighter, the likes that Pavlik has yet to be in the ring with. Also, Taylor will be the only undefeated fighter he has fought and he happens to be the current champion. The ONLY advantage Pavlik has is that Taylor has yet to fight someone with Kellys style and, maybe, power. If Taylor brings out his jab and experience he will have a good night for him and a good win.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    The thing about Pavlik is all of the guys he has beat were all within two or three fights of a loss. He has beat 2 or 3 good fighters but not great. Taylor has "beat" or been competitive with great fighter, the likes that Pavlik has yet to be in the ring with. Also, Taylor will be the only undefeated fighter he has fought and he happens to be the current champion. The ONLY advantage Pavlik has is that Taylor has yet to fight someone with Kellys style and, maybe, power. If Taylor brings out his jab and experience he will have a good night for him and a good win.
    But wouldn't you say that he has tore through his competition and deserves his shot. I just think once he tastes Pavlik's power that he is not going to press as hard he will get backed up and eventually get to the ropes like Ouma and Wright did to him and that will effect the outcome of this fight. Pavlik's has the rare combo of power and a great chin. He is a great technical fighter and he could be the next 160 champ.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well his last three fights have been against southpaws taking away his main weapon the Jab...

I think we see a new Tayler in this match and think its been said tayler gets the Jab going against an orthodox fighter and Maybe decides to open up a little bit.

Let's hope so....I'll be keeping a pillow close by just in case we see the performance weve gotten use to from tayler.catch some ZZZZZZ and wake up to watch the 10 count
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was Manny I would done quit JT. He tells him exactly what to do to win fights and the last 2 or3 Taylor just refuses to follow his instructions. If someone told me how to win a fight and not stink out the place, thats what I would do.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    But wouldn't you say that he has tore through his competition and deserves his shot. I just think once he tastes Pavlik's power that he is not going to press as hard he will get backed up and eventually get to the ropes like Ouma and Wright did to him and that will effect the outcome of this fight. Pavlik's has the rare combo of power and a great chin. He is a great technical fighter and he could be the next 160 champ.
    He does deserve a shot I just dont think it his time yet to be champion. I think he will be champ in the next 2 years though but I dont see him being a dominant force and competing with guys like Wright or Calzaghe or mostly anyone on that levels sucessfully unless he improves his defence and speed.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After having seen the Pavlik Taylor programme,of which I have forgotten the name,I really want Jermain to lose. I think he has gotten away with far too many close decisions(he should have atl least 1 L) and he just seems too cocky for my liking.

Him and Steward appear to be over confident based on random factors like Taylor beating Kelly in the amatuers when Kelly was only 17,a kid.# and ok,he has more experience on a big stage but I don't see that as that great an advantage. JT and Emmanuel alluded to JT facing better competition but B Hop,Winky etc are hardly going to prepare you for Pavlik. I like Kelly's approach and although he's far from unbeatable,I'd like to see him win.

Remember folks,Jermain was being backed up by Winky Wright and with all due respect to Winky but he neither possesses the power nor the physical presence of Kelly. I still favour Kelly to win but I think it'll be a tremendous fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's really pretty simple, to me. If JT listens to Manny, works off the jab, and keeps his left high most of the time, he'll have a good chance to win a decision, maybe a late stoppage on cuts or a swollen, closed eye from the jab landing over and over. Pavlik is going to back him up for sure. Unlike Miranda, JT can fight going backward. He work back off his jab, plant, and land accurate straight rights, unlike Mirando who throws looping overhands.

If he gets draw into a war, abandons his jab, and fights on the inside, Pavilk will be the new MW champ. As much as I like Pavlik and want to see him win, I think JT has the PHYSICAL game to win. Unfortunately for Taylor, he can be stupid, stubborn, and arrogant. To me, based on the HBO countdown, he doesn't really think much of Pavlik or think Pavliks power will matter. Big mistake. If he is stupid enough to underrate Pavlik's power and bang with him, he's going see stars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    It's really pretty simple, to me. If JT listens to Manny, works off the jab, and keeps his left high most of the time, he'll have a good chance to win a decision, maybe a late stoppage on cuts or a swollen, closed eye from the jab landing over and over. Pavlik is going to back him up for sure. Unlike Miranda, JT can fight going backward. He work back off his jab, plant, and land accurate straight rights, unlike Mirando who throws looping overhands.

If he gets draw into a war, abandons his jab, and fights on the inside, Pavilk will be the new MW champ. As much as I like Pavlik and want to see him win, I think JT has the PHYSICAL game to win. Unfortunately for Taylor, he can be stupid, stubborn, and arrogant. To me, based on the HBO countdown, he doesn't really think much of Pavlik or think Pavliks power will matter. Big mistake. If he is stupid enough to underrate Pavlik's power and bang with him, he's going see stars.
    No one at 160 can bang wit Pavlik.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Pavlik to win and win big by kayo but I think Taylor wins a UD.
    Regardless of the outcome I'm a Pavlik fan forever!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik
    I want Pavlik to win and win big by kayo but I think Taylor wins a UD.
    Regardless of the outcome I'm a Pavlik fan forever!!!
    You should be ashamed of yourself....Jermain's chin is getting checked and if he thinks hes jabbing his way to a victory he's in for a rude awakening. Pavlik is gonna be like a huge Kassim Ouma with power...haha good luck Taylor.

Thread Information