Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: im a 32 yr old man looking to buy some boxing eqipment for my home--specifically

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default im a 32 yr old man looking to buy some boxing eqipment for my home--specifically

im a 32 yr old man looking to buy some boxing eqipment for my home--specifically a heavybag and a heavybag stand b/c i dont think i have anyplace to hang the bag safely

im looking at the ringside website at a 100lb leather bag for around 160 bucks which im pretty sure id like to buy--,y real issue is with a heavybag stand they have a "deluxe" for 300 bucks and a"suer deluxe' for 400 or 500 bucks. then i see some for 1200 or 1300---any advice? again at my age im not looking to become a boxer--im a lifelong fan and always wanted to hit the bag a little but im mainly looking at it a a way to supplement and diversify my exercise routine to try and lose some weight and stay in shape as i get older im thinking about just pullingthe trigger onthe 300 dollar stand but i dont want to buy crap either

thanks guys

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: im a 32 yr old man looking to buy some boxing eqipment for my home--specific

Not an expert myself but these two sites may offer some insight

http://www.selfdefenseresource.com/e...ching-bags.php

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...hing_bags.html

To be honest I can't really see much reason to spend $1200 on a bag.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: im a 32 yr old man looking to buy some boxing eqipment for my home--specific

You know if I could buy one piece of equipment for my home for all around fitness it would be a Concept 2 Rower.

They arn't cheap but they are extremely well built and would last a lifetime if taken care of, and rowers are some of the fittest men on the planet.

Although if James Cracknall is anything to go by they can't take a punch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: im a 32 yr old man looking to buy some boxing eqipment for my home--specifically

Don't go for the luxury stuff. The other is just as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you decide to buy the basic stand then i suggest that you put more weights on the bottom to prevent it from moving all round when your punching the heavy bag.

for me the ideal bag is something heavy that doesnt move around wildly when punched. for a 6' tall 220lbs guy the best heavy bag weight is 130lbs.

and lastly buy handwraps that is atleast 180" long learn to wrap your hands correctly and buy a 12oz heavy bag glove.

i have a heavy bag at home too, i use it mainly for fitness not actual boxing. my DIY bag weighs 120lbs its made of thick canvass with scrap fabric filling. i had the bag made by a tailor then filled it with ripped old clothes and sand bags. the bag cost me just 30usd!

Thread Information