Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will Floyd have accomplished after beating Ricky Hatton?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What will Floyd have accomplished after beating Ricky Hatton?

Absolutely nothing! Ricky is so handpicked for PBF it's ridiculous. This fight will not even be competitve as floyd will make Ricky look unbelievabley silly. To each their own opinion but unless and until Floyd fights the likes of Cotto and/or the winner of Maragarito/Williams, Floyd IMO will NOT be considered a legend as he so dearly wants to remembered as. This isn't a knock against Ricky but he's just completely out of his league with PBF. Not sure what the weight would be but I would imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) it probably be at 147lb, and if that's case...well, we all now how well Ricky did against a soft hitter like Collazo. What's next Floyd? You looking for Pacman next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What will Floyd have accomplished after beating Ricky Hatton?

i said this years ago when everybody was mad that PBF didn't hatton before. now suddely everbody realizes it. you people will never be happy with who he fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky is a top-notch fighter. Beating him will only add to the lustre of PBF's career. Big time.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I agree that there are several bigger threats he could take on at welterweight, this will still be a massive sporting event that is can only do a lot of good for the boxing... And it's a fight many fans are dying to see.. He'll definetly silence a lot of people, that's for sure.. And I expect him to blow Hatton out of the water in fairly entertaining fashion if the fight does come through, so people won't complain that he is boring(at least until he takes on another fighter with enough size advantage enough to make him use all of his ring smarts. you know, one of the people that he's so afraid of )

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky will be the most live opponent he has faced, before Ricky it was Corrales, I think Ricky is more dangerous to Floyd than Corrales was, Ricky is non stop pressure and weve never seen how Floyd handles that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Ricky will be the most live opponent he has faced, before Ricky it was Corrales, I think Ricky is more dangerous to Floyd than Corrales was, Ricky is non stop pressure and weve never seen how Floyd handles that
    yes we have, castillo and chavez fights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786
    Absolutely nothing! Ricky is so handpicked for PBF it's ridiculous. This fight will not even be competitve as floyd will make Ricky look unbelievabley silly. To each their own opinion but unless and until Floyd fights the likes of Cotto and/or the winner of Maragarito/Williams, Floyd IMO will NOT be considered a legend as he so dearly wants to remembered as. This isn't a knock against Ricky but he's just completely out of his league with PBF. Not sure what the weight would be but I would imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) it probably be at 147lb, and if that's case...well, we all now how well Ricky did against a soft hitter like Collazo. What's next Floyd? You looking for Pacman next?
    I was the first to really have an argument as to why Ricky is handpicked .... and I have to say...

Floyd does accomplish something. A win over legitimate, real fighter.

Hatton is well respected by people who know and follow boxing.

I know Ricky is ripe for the picking for the best earnings/risk ratio.
    I know Hatton looks very human against men his size, age, and good talent.
    I'd rather PBF fight Margarito, Cotto, or Mosley.... I mean isn't that what the "supposed" best does? Fight the baddest?
    I already gave a great in-dept argument as to WHY Hatton is made for Floyd...

BUT...

it's the HITMAN! It's still a real fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well said fella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will say : ok one down you got 2 more to go in this order First Mosley and then the winner of Cotto vs Margo/Williams and that will do it for me.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will will of accomplished consistency.

The things that made some of the greats great, was they fought the best around al the time. Floyd just been an all time great and living legend... He beats hatton next thats one of the ebst p4p fighters around now, he can go on beat mosley, cotto... no one from what i can remeber would of beaten that many legends and p4p fighters consistantly without lossing, EVER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

most people respect Hatton so I think it will do alot for him, it will mean he beat an undefeated guy in his prime which he has not done since Corrales , and if he retires, he is truly at the top of the game. ( ofc fighting margarito and cotto would seal it more, but i doubt he is gonna fight all 3)
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think there is anything for Floyd to gain IF he beats Ricky. Unfortunately there are so many haters, many of them PBF fans that say Hatton is 'handpicked' and that this is an easy fight, that if he does not secure a straight forward victory then his stock could only go down. As he is supposed to find this fight so easy, because Hattons style is 'made' for him he cannot afford any knock downs or a split decision.

Hatton on the other hand, despite being jesting about PBF's boring style has always acknowledged that he is a great fighter. If Ricky loses, but it is a close decisioin then he will not beshot and should go up in a lot of peoples opinion. I say should because there seem sto be some pathological haters about who wouldn't rate Ricky if he knocked out a bull elephant blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the most real dream last night that Ricky Hatton way behind on points stopped Floyd with a left hook to the body in round 10, i can honestly say i hope my dream comes true. It was so real though i woke up thinking holy shit has Ricky done it but then i thought what a good dream that was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't agree more with everything said, Hatton is handpicked cause he is big news across the Atlantic and that is a profitable fight for both Hatton and Floyd. Remember that Hatton is a relentless pressure fighter and is tough as nails, he should give Floyd problems when he comes in cause let's not compare the reflexes, speed coming in and the energy keeping up the fast, hard pace in-fighting of De La Hoya with Ricky's but then Hatton doesn't have a chance at mid-range and from the technical POV... What transpires from the late WBC Commission resolution is that sooner or later the WBC Welterweight Champion should not be treated exceptionally and thus have to take the NÂș1 Contender Frederik Klose or the Interim Champion Shane Mosley sooner or later... As Super-Welterweight emeritus Champ, Floyd can have a shot at that title when he pleases to and I don't think that's unfair for an undefeated former WBC Super-Feather, Lightweight, Super-Lightweight, Welterweight and Super-Welterweight Titlist, a 5 time and 5 different Divisions World Champ!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd hate floyd if he beat cotto, admit it. "Yeah he beat cotto, but i was always kinda suspicious about cotto's boxing skills. I mean the only real win on his resume is a washed up zab judah" I promise you if the cotto fight happens and after floyd beats him, somebody on this forum will have the audacity (or stupidity) to post that. If it's anybody else the post will start like this:

"Now i'm not knocking (insert the name of any fighter floyd could possibly fight) because he's a good fighter, BUT (something along the lines of) floyd exposed how overrated _____ really is"

There should be no but's after that statement only a period, You should simply say "Now i'm not knocking _____ because he's a good fighter. " (unless floyd fights him obviously)  How many people stood here and said de la hoya was gonna whup floyd (guilty) and then turned around after the fight and said "Ahh oscar was passed it just like everybody else floyd ever fought"? "Castillo won that first fight and floyd got lucky" (just like he did when he didn't dodged a rematch that he won )

Come on people it's getting down right sad at this point.

Thread Information