Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nate Campbell

How did he look last night?

Seems like he should be getting a shot at some kind of title one of these days. He's had, what, two fights that were supposed to be eliminators for a title shot. Seems like technically you should get a shot at a title if you win one of those, or two of those.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan but he's not a bad fighter, would have a pretty good shot against Julio Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nate Campbell

I'm not saying i'm a huge fan of his, but he is decent. I've seen a few of his fights and i think he could have a run at a title or two before he hangs it up. Those are some crazy ass trunks he wears tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is in line for a title shot v Juan Diaz next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep but Diaz is avoiding. He's a mandatory challenger so title shot within next 8 months or so i see.

Campbell's last fight he looked pretty good although didn't hit mid rounds so couldn't tell how he'd wear but did get a real nice knockout.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_box
    yep but Diaz is avoiding. He's a mandatory challenger so title shot within next 8 months or so i see.

Campbell's last fight he looked pretty good although didn't hit mid rounds so couldn't tell how he'd wear but did get a real nice knockout.
    Diaz is in talks for a unification fight with Julio Diaz. That's not avoiding. You could make a case he's avoiding Casa but not Nate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Joel Casamayor the unluckiest guy in boxing right now??Decisions that could have gone his way(with Chico,Freitas,JLC),guys not fighting him(Diaz,rematches with JC,Freitas) and being stripped of titles plus inactivity! Get Diaz ass in there with Joel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep that is fair but julio hasn't even discussed potential of Campbell even though he has been in line for a mandatory challenge since he beat ricky quiles which was over 4 months ago

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny, I almost made the same topic last night but figured you would make one soon enough.

Anyways, Nate is a fun fighter to watch. Punches from all angles and he really is smarter then people give him credit for. I would love to see him take on Edner Cherry.

He looked pretty good last night. Apparently he had a rib injury, and he got hurt in the third round with a body shot and kind of just fell against the ropes a bit. Then he went back to controlling the ring. What I like about him is he doesn't allow himself to get tied up.

He's the guy to KTFO Raheem imo, which is really what I think his purpose in the division is for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Is Joel Casamayor the unluckiest guy in boxing right now??Decisions that could have gone his way(with Chico,Freitas,JLC),guys not fighting him(Diaz,rematches with JC,Freitas) and being stripped of titles plus inactivity! Get Diaz ass in there with Joel!
    Won't happen because boxing isnt what it used to be, the sport revolves around money and not competition. Casamayor is the better fighter but not the bigger draw because of his style.

He is deserving but he won't get it because of the politics of boxing.

I see it ending within the next 4 years for Casa, never getting another shot and retiring, or losing to some up and coming young fighter in a bad decision when he's too old to do what he used to.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Casa have 4 years left?

How old is he?

Actually, I've said this before, I wasn't blown away by Joel in the last Corrales fight. Looked a bit on the slide to me considering it was an absolutely sluggish Corrales he was fighting, not even remotely similar to the one of the first two fights.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Nates best shot would be 'The Kid' Diaz cause I don't think he can beat 'Baby Bull' Diaz or Casamayor. As mentioned Nates in line for a shot at the IBF Champ 'The Kid' Diaz but by the looks of it he might have to wait a bit longer.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was odd how many people thought Campbell did enough to win his fight with Casa. I remember HBO announcers thinking it was real close. I remember a clear victory for Joel

But I wonder what kind of shot he has at Casa now. 135's a better weight for Campbell, Casa's just getting older. Of course Nate's pretty old too but if anything he seems to have gotten better lately, except for the Hlatshwayo fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its hard not to like Campbell, entertaining style and I lived in Jacksonville for college a few years ago. I don't know that his defense is solid enough for a good boxer-puncher though, or even getting lazy or over confident and getting tagged, again.

SigmaMu Guest

Watching Nate get knocked out by Robbie Peden and then watching Nate cry after was funny as phuk. I am going to have to post that knock out with a little twist of mine own to it. BRB.
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched snatches of the fight last night. Thought he looked good but a bit wild. Against a sharp defensive fighter with good speed and a bit of power I think he might get countered way too much.

Saw more of the undercard where the right fighter won (meaning I agreed with the decision) but the right style lost (meaning the opponent should have been able to win). Entertaining.

Thread Information