Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wembley, Live Earth right now...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wembley, Live Earth right now...

Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters are owning everybody that has performed so far. What a legend Grohl is! Talk about born to perform, within minutes he had the whole stadium bouncing like nodody else was able to do before him.
    Poor Madonna has to follow this, talk about an anti-climax, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wembley, Live Earth right now...

Ok here's a question for you environmentalists (sorry to jump your post oggie but this is the first about live earth i've seen so far):

I have no problems with a huge global concert that solely for the basis of entertainment. I do have a problem with a huge international concert to raise awareness about "human caused" global warming. What are all the 200+ mhz amps running on, The tears of people crying about the environment? No lots and LOTS of electricity (which is so limited we should live like cavemen apparently but only in america according to al gore). How is everyone getting there, Are they walking? No, they are driving and flying in evil co2 emitting vehicles.

For the record, antarctica and the north pole are not melting, They're actually gaining ice mass around their entire continents except for a small region (the region al gore filmed) in the west of antarctica which is becoming warmer. He wan'ts us to limit emissions yet he wants china to do nothing of the sort and they use more power than we do. Global warming is not man made and life has flourished on earth when it has been MUCH hotter than it is now. Al Gore is full of shit and Global warming isn't our fault (if its even happening).

Back to intended direction you ahd for this post to go in:

The foo fighters are an awesome live band (not a big fan of theirs but like a few songs). And I actually like some of Madonna's old stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Ok here's a question for you environmentalists (sorry to jump your post oggie but this is the first about live earth i've seen so far):

I have no problems with a huge global concert that solely for the basis of entertainment. I do have a problem with a huge international concert to raise awareness about "human caused" global warming. What are all the 200+ mhz amps running on, The tears of people crying about the environment? No lots and LOTS of electricity (which is so limited we should live like cavemen apparently but only in america according to al gore). How is everyone getting there, Are they walking? No, they are driving and flying in evil co2 emitting vehicles.

For the record, antarctica and the north pole are not melting, They're actually gaining ice mass around their entire continents except for a small region (the region al gore filmed) in the west of antarctica which is becoming warmer. He wan'ts us to limit emissions yet he wants china to do nothing of the sort and they use more power than we do. Global warming is not man made and life has flourished on earth when it has been MUCH hotter than it is now. Al Gore is full of S*** and Global warming isn't our fault (if its even happening).

The foo fighters are an awesome live band (not a big fan of theirs but like a few songs). And I actually like some of Madonna's old stuff.
    Which is of course why a glacier the size of Manhatten broke off a couple of years ago
    And why the Japanese are putting in flood walls to contain the expected Global Warming related tide surge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey

For the record, antarctica and the north pole are not melting, They're actually gaining ice mass around their entire continents except for a small region (the region al gore filmed) in the west of antarctica which is becoming warmer. He wan'ts us to limit emissions yet he wants china to do nothing of the sort and they use more power than we do. Global warming is not man made and life has flourished on earth when it has been MUCH hotter than it is now. Al Gore is full of S*** and Global warming isn't our fault (if its even happening).

Which is of course why a glacier the size of Manhatten broke off a couple of years ago
    And why the Japanese are putting in flood walls to contain the expected Global Warming related tide surge
    It's expected to rise 14 inches in the next... 100 years!!! That expected huge amount is what alarmists are saying, most scientists will present you with evidence that its not nearly as bad as they are saying. The fact that the antarctic is GAINING ice mass shows that its not melting except from one little part in the west. We've only kept track of american weather records since 1880ish how are we to know that in the 1600's there weren't more hurricanes in florida than on record because no one lived there to keep a record. I'm not saying its dumb to care about the environment, i'm saying its dumb to over hype it liek the worlds gonna end in 10 years. If we HAVE shifted the climate towards the worst (eve tho on a large scale the earth has actually been cooling for the last couple hundred years) driving cars that get you better gas mileage is not gonna fix it. If it IS our fault and if we ARE experiencing it now, it's too late.

Back to subject, I heard they're having bands play on 7 continents. Who the fuck signed up to play in antarctica?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

14 inches is most of Florida right there,most of the state is barely above sea level
    You thought New Orleans was bad?
    Wait till Jacksonville no longer exists
    Not to mention a super hot Gulf turning every single hurricane that hits it in to a monster
    Or the snows of Kilamanjaro being turned MIA,a massive lake in Chile going by by,Glaciers in New Zeland and the Andes disapeering,Iceland shrinking,etc,etc,etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyways, are they really having bands play in antarctica or did they just mean 7 countries?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyways, are they really having bands play in antarctica or did they just mean 7 countries?
    1 band,I clicked it on right as they were playing,and promptly clicked it off
    I hate these things,nobody I like ever gets invited to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 band,I clicked it on right as they were playing,and promptly clicked it off
    I hate these things,nobody I like ever gets invited to play
    Man if i had to play in antarctica i'd be requesting a bunch of perks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's expected to rise 14 inches in the next... 100 years!!! That expected huge amount is what alarmists are saying, most scientists will present you with evidence that its not nearly as bad as they are saying. The fact that the antarctic is GAINING ice mass shows that its not melting except from one little part in the west. We've only kept track of american weather records since 1880ish how are we to know that in the 1600's there weren't more hurricanes in florida than on record because no one lived there to keep a record. I'm not saying its dumb to care about the environment, i'm saying its dumb to over hype it liek the worlds gonna end in 10 years. If we HAVE shifted the climate towards the worst (eve tho on a large scale the earth has actually been cooling for the last couple hundred years) driving cars that get you better gas mileage is not gonna fix it. If it IS our fault and if we ARE experiencing it now, it's too late.

Back to subject, I heard they're having bands play on 7 continents. Who the fuck signed up to play in antarctica?
    For the record man, I agree with what you said about Global warming. Earth goes through a natural warming and cooling process naturally... I wont lie, humans aren't helping... but in the grand scale of things, it is like trying to warm a cold bath with a dropper containing hot water. Technically, it makes a difference, but not as much as people are being led to believe. The earth is getting warmer by its own accord... we can't stop it, it is a natural process.

Oh, and Nunatak are the band that played in Antarctica... they are just a couple of the guys that are working in the research station there anyway. The crowd was a sell out of 17 other researchers, haha.

Nunatak:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie

For the record man, I agree with what you said about Global warming. Earth goes through a natural warming and cooling process naturally... I wont lie, humans aren't helping... but in the grand scale of things, it is like trying to warm a cold bath with a dropper containing hot water. Technically, it makes a difference, but not as much as people are being led to believe. The earth is getting warmer by its own accord... we can't stop it, it is a natural process.

Oh, and Nunatak are the band that played in Antarctica... they are just a couple of the guys that are working in the research station there anyway. The crowd was a sell out of 17 other researchers, haha.

Nunatak:
    lol a crowd is a crowd. Me being a person who enjoys the cold, i wanna get a look around there some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a weird quirky band,they were relatively tight
    I cant even imagine playing a guitar there though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foo Fighters at Live Earth:

All my life:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDOdIQLeZU

My Hero (Part 1):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F6BZHZyGEw

My Hero (Part 2):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qicFId_nLjA

Times like these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6yf2iWeXSM

Best of you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJSE4Lt0yNI

Everlong:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmZxjA5MIx0

They owned everybody!
    Grohl left nothing behind on stage, I don't know how his throat holds up if he performs like that while they are touring.
    He lives for music, you can tell.

El Kabong Guest

....anyone else find it humorous that The Dave Matthews Band played to help save the Earth from "global warming" when just a year or two ago they got caught emptying their tour bus toilet into a river in Chicago

As for Al Gore he's ridiculous

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

meh who gives a shit - we will have all croaked it by the time the effects kick in:P

Thread Information