Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is why I work at being an advocate for boxing reform!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This is why I work at being an advocate for boxing reform!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This is why I work at being an advocate for boxing reform!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    Butterbean fights don't = boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Test

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Butterbean fights don't = boxing."

HHhhmm. Well he beat (iced) Louis Monoco and Monoco Iced Kevin McBride and McBride made Tyso quit on his stolol like awhipped dog. So what does that equal? My point is someone is going to get killed in one of these mismatches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HHhhmm. Well he beat (iced) Louis Monoco and Monoco Iced Kevin McBride and McBride made Tyso quit on his stolol like awhipped dog. So what does that equal? My point is someone is going to get killed in one of these mismatches.
    Wow thats the most extreme "connect the dots" job i've ever seen ted. You have a point tho.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If some fights didn't get made because authorities thought the opposition had little chance, we would never have seen Douglas beat Tyson, never have seen Rachman beat Lewis, never seen so many great fights and upsets, and that is one of the things that made this sport exciting and entertaining.

And surely, with referee's almost chomping at the bit to step in when a fighter is being dominated, it is the really competitive fights between two fighters looking to trade and KO each other is where people are more likely to suffer injuries these days.

See MAtthew Macklin v Jamie Moore last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    If some fights didn't get made because authorities thought the opposition had little chance, we would never have seen Douglas beat Tyson, never have seen Rachman beat Lewis, never seen so many great fights and upsets, and that is one of the things that made this sport exciting and entertaining.

And surely, with referee's almost chomping at the bit to step in when a fighter is being dominated, it is the really competitive fights between two fighters looking to trade and KO each other is where people are more likely to suffer injuries these days.

Those guys qualified for those fights and besides its hard to talk about anything involving butterbean as legit. They have to go thru a test to get their license, maybe that needs reformed more than the match up's themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Comparing Douglas-Tyson to this atrocity is an atrocity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136

Wow thats the most extreme "connect the dots" job i've ever seen ted. You have a point tho.
    Hell. I fought some guys as an amature that would put me in the top ten back in the 50's if I connected the dots. Its spurious logic, but it does make the point. The fact is, if Butterbean connects flus, he can do big time damage...and he has fought a fair number of reasonably well know fighters. I don't buy the argumnet that says he is a side sho or is not legit. That's an easy way out of a difficult issue. If you want blood sport (not you Punisher), fine; if you want more control, thern Siciliano-Bean fights should not be sanctioned. I have seen Joe fight in Fitchburg, MA. He is totally lacking in skills and is a Detective in Worcester. He should not be allowed in the ring. Someone with less charity than Bean will do serious damage to him. Morriosn was schedule to fight an equally inept guy but that was called off, but Mesi did fight one. Just plain awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoops, excuse the typos.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you gotta respect butterbean for what he is

tyhe man knows he is nothing more then a 4 RD fighter, and he made himself into a great 4 RD fighter, he never let himself think he was anything more, and he made good money doing so...

also the man SUBMITTED the FRAUD that was the son of the FRAUD rei zulu thats something that HAS to be respected

---

BACKSTORY

---

in brazil they have had for decades what is known as vale tudo, essentially a NHB MMA, and its real popular there

there was a guy years ago by the name of rei zulu who was billed as being something like 210-0

now old man gracie(the father of all the gracie fighters who must have hated the fact that he was a portugese speaking man whose name was spelled with an 'H' for an H (in portugese they use an R for an H) cuz he named like every single one of his like 15 kids a name thats got an 'R' for an H)

old man gracie trained his kids whgat is known today as gracie jui jitsu

he had a son by the name of royler (hoyler)

hoyl;er fought zulu i think twice and i think he choked him the fuck out both times

thats where the gracie juiu jitsu got real popular BTW, and thats whuy so many people have a hard on for it (although they may not know that backstory)

so a LONG time later (YEARS after royce gracie fought in the UFC) rei zulus son started to fight in vale tudo

by this time vale tudo was different

now there are claims that the was something like 25-0 with 25KOs(although i think 2 only of those fights are verified)

so zuluzinho (what rei zulus son is known as) goes over to japan with hos claiming top be 25-0 with 25KOs and they say

'ok buddy, your fuckion 25-0 and you big man on campus, well let you fight'

so they put him in witrh fedor and he gets KTFO, thats not so bad

they put him in with nogueria and i think he got tapped, not something to be ashamed of

so they decide to let him fight butterbean (at the last pride PPV)

keep in mind zuluzinho was billed as a jui jitsu(submission) blackbelt

BUTTERBEAN FUCKING TAPPED HIM OUT WITH A KIMURA

a man with NO submission experience tapped him with a subbmission thats not even an obvious submission

justice was done

i hope some of you enjoyed my slightly drunken story, its all true btw, and its fun to know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    you gotta respect butterbean for what he is

tyhe man knows he is nothing more then a 4 RD fighter, and he made himself into a great 4 RD fighter, he never let himself think he was anything more, and he made good money doing so...

also the man SUBMITTED the FRAUD that was the son of the FRAUD rei zulu thats something that HAS to be respected

---

BACKSTORY

---

in brazil they have had for decades what is known as vale tudo, essentially a NHB MMA, and its real popular there

there was a guy years ago by the name of rei zulu who was billed as being something like 210-0

now old man gracie(the father of all the gracie fighters who must have hated the fact that he was a portugese speaking man whose name was spelled with an 'H' for an H (in portugese they use an R for an H) cuz he named like every single one of his like 15 kids a name thats got an 'R' for an H)

old man gracie trained his kids whgat is known today as gracie jui jitsu

he had a son by the name of royler (hoyler)

hoyl;er fought zulu i think twice and i think he choked him the F*** out both times

thats where the gracie juiu jitsu got real popular BTW, and thats whuy so many people have a hard on for it (although they may not know that backstory)

so a LONG time later (YEARS after royce gracie fought in the UFC) rei zulus son started to fight in vale tudo

by this time vale tudo was different

now there are claims that the was something like 25-0 with 25KOs(although i think 2 only of those fights are verified)

so zuluzinho (what rei zulus son is known as) goes over to japan with hos claiming top be 25-0 with 25KOs and they say

'ok buddy, your fuckion 25-0 and you big man on campus, well let you fight'

so they put him in witrh fedor and he gets KTFO, thats not so bad

they put him in with nogueria and i think he got tapped, not something to be ashamed of

so they decide to let him fight butterbean (at the last pride PPV)

keep in mind zuluzinho was billed as a jui jitsu(submission) blackbelt

BUTTERBEAN F****** TAPPED HIM OUT WITH A KIMURA

a man with NO submission experience tapped him with a subbmission thats not even an obvious submission

justice was done

i hope some of you enjoyed my slightly drunken story, its all true btw, and its fun to know

What were you drinking? I want a taste!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as bad as it sounds.... their was more action(not boxing) in the fight than some fights...... like say the taylor-spinks fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=1kSUhjCVs14

The is called the "Best of Butterbean" and includes his icings of McNeely and Monoco.

Thread Information