Friday 17th August

Lunch run - Fing forgot my clothes but went home to get them - I'm working over the weekend so  don't feel bad about taking the afternoon off anyway.

Ran 1.5 hrs easy. So far no signs of pain in the knee butstill wearing the brace. The knee brace itself is a little irritating - it has a padded circular part around the hold the knee sits in but seems a bit tight. I might try cutting it a little so it has more give. I want to build the length of this up to 2 hours but might decide soon to move it to a Saturday or Sunday morning since I just want to sleep afterwards.

Night boxing

stretched, Skipped. Still only 10 minutes. I cycle 40 mins to the gym which is enough of a warm up for my legs I just want to get used to the jumping movement again before I try anything as dramatic as burpees. It'd be typical for everything to be going OK and then I just land badly or something! Especially the latest theory RE my knee is that it moves due to ligament laxity when I twist on it.

Shadow 4 rounds, Bag work - about 8 rounds. Finished with one more round of Shadow. All rounds 3 mins with 20 to 30 sec breaks.

Not sore from Wednesday anymore and was reasonably happy with how my right was working compared to what it has been. I wasn't aiming for power - just to keep going and to be a little more fluent than normal over a longer round but more power than I tried to put out came out. Still no where near KO punches but it does make me suspect that I when I am trying to punch hard I'm tensing up too much.

Had a break before cycling to the pool for swimming but forgot to buy protein shake. typical.

Swam for one hour. That's a little short for an endurance day - will build it up to 1.5 hours eventually. I used the last of my pool visits so i upgraded my membership to use all the facilities. Am hoping that on the days the gym closes early I can use the aquatic centre facilities to make sure I still get my weights done.

Cycled home - no rain or wind this time but a lot of merry drunks asking me for ciggies when I am stopped at traffic lights. Luckily they believe I don't smoke because I'm cycling and they tell me to "keep the good energy up darlin!" Did stop on the way home to get food too - grocery shopping day Saturdays and don't have much food at home.