I didn't finish in time to go to the pool!

I got out at 8:15 which would not allow me quite enough time to get home, get my swimming stuff and have an hour at the pool ...............but I came up with an alternative plan

I walked home so I've walked more than 24 kms today. I didn't really feel it after the first walk (except for the blister) but now I've gotten home i feel it!

Mostly in my upper hip flexor area, more the right side than the left.

To finish off I finally had a go at my attempt at mimicing of a titilating system

My alternative equipment comprised a pair of strap on weights and a fit ball. The fitball part didn't really work so it was probably less supported than it is meant to be. The ball still served as a reference though.

I was aiming for 10 mins straight but I ended up needing 2 thirty second breaks in that time. It burrrrrrned!

It's amazing how much better i feel with the stress of finding a job off my mind. Theoretically I should have been more into exercise because it could have been a stress relief in itself but it didn't work out that way.

I think it's important not to let things just drop when overwhelmed. I had a coach in Japan who was coach by Floyd Patterson. He said the reason Floyd Patterson and his son made it and he didn't was that when things went wrong they just kept training.

They were able to focus on it just as if nothing had happened even if a family member had just passed away or something horrific like that. They just went on but he couldn't - things brought him down.

Obviously i do expect to have a break down if I loose a loved one. I doubt I'll ever be immune to something like that but i think stress over job hunting etc shouldn't be allowed to inhibit my ability to move forward with other things as best as possible.

I think part of it might be having more relevant visualization practices. If i have an event to train for I'm always motivated. I love feeling a fitness benefit from my training. Still the idrea of training purely for fitness doesn't inspire me as much. Fitness has been something I enjoy as a co-incidence when I have been driven by competitive goals.

Really having maximal quality of life and fitness and health should really be motivation enough. There will always be times when a competitive goal is not realistic because you're circumstances are changing or you are injury rehab etc etc but you need to apply yourself anyway.

I think it's because I don't visualize it properly and I can improve on that. I just don't imagine it the same way I might imagine a particularly satisfying boxing session or run against an opponent. I'm going to give that some thought and practice over the next few months and I'll be interested in any input other people have.