Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: ~CutMeMicks Log~

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

    I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

    Anyone got any advice on that?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Oh! and I also need some help with my right foot.

    When I throw my straight right I've caught myself a couple of times liftin up my foot off the ground.

    Anything I can do to help me keep it on the ground?
    Like tie some weights around my foot?

  3. #33
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

    I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

    Anyone got any advice on that?
    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.

  4. #34
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Oh! and I also need some help with my right foot.

    When I throw my straight right I've caught myself a couple of times liftin up my foot off the ground.

    Anything I can do to help me keep it on the ground?
    Like tie some weights around my foot?
    Are you leaning in when you throw it ? if you want to get the most power into your right hand. Get in your boxing stance and turn your right foot straight, while using your hips all at once.

    Im guessing your leaning in when you throw the straight right hand, which is leaving your off balance. The suggestion i gave you above, will help you keep your balance, and you will help you get more power into your right hand let me know how it goes.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

    I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

    Anyone got any advice on that?
    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Oh! and I also need some help with my right foot.

    When I throw my straight right I've caught myself a couple of times liftin up my foot off the ground.

    Anything I can do to help me keep it on the ground?
    Like tie some weights around my foot?
    Are you leaning in when you throw it ? if you want to get the most power into your right hand. Get in your boxing stance and turn your right foot straight, while using your hips all at once.

    Im guessing your leaning in when you throw the straight right hand, which is leaving your off balance. The suggestion i gave you above, will help you keep your balance, and you will help you get more power into your right hand let me know how it goes.
    Right I understand that...

    What I'm saying is while I get in the habit of turning my right foot and using my hip. Is there any excersice I can practice to help me get in the habit of doing it.

    Thanks for taking the time ICB.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1209
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    I'm guessing your leaning to your left when you throw it in order to get extra power, like a baseball pitch. The way I corrected that was shadow boxing slowly in front of the mirror. Also practise throwing without turning your hips, just using your shoulders to slingshot the punch.

    A good exercise for this is standing there, legs shoulder width apart elbows bent out at 90 degrees holding a weight. Then without your hips moving rotate your shoulders from side to side, trust me its more difficult than it sounds, just make sure those hips don't move!

    Also try laying on your back, arms straight out from your body, feet directly in the air. Lower your legs to one side and stop them before they reach the ground, bring back to vertical and repeat. This one is difficult, so only go as low as you can handle to start with. These will build great torque strength for your core and make your obliques get cut, so enjoy EDIT: use your arms on the ground to stabilise your shoulders so they stay as flat as possible on the ground.

    With the fat at the bottom of the abs, it's the last place for fat to come off blokes. Doing more lower ab exercises is not going to get rid of it. Just keep cutting calories slowly and it will go, but it is stubborn as hell.
    Last edited by Salty; 11-04-2008 at 04:25 AM.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

    Hidden Content

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I'm guessing your leaning to your left when you throw it in order to get extra power, like a baseball pitch. The way I corrected that was shadow boxing slowly in front of the mirror. Also practise throwing without turning your hips, just using your shoulders to slingshot the punch.

    A good exercise for this is standing there, legs shoulder width apart elbows bent out at 90 degrees holding a weight. Then without your hips moving rotate your shoulders from side to side, trust me its more difficult than it sounds, just make sure those hips don't move!

    Also try laying on your back, arms straight out from your body, feet directly in the air. Lower your legs to one side and stop them before they reach the ground, bring back to vertical and repeat. This one is difficult, so only go as low as you can handle to start with. These will build great torque strength for your core and make your obliques get cut, so enjoy EDIT: use your arms on the ground to stabilise your shoulders so they stay as flat as possible on the ground.

    With the fat at the bottom of the abs, it's the last place for fat to come off blokes. Doing more lower ab exercises is not going to get rid of it. Just keep cutting calories slowly and it will go, but it is stubborn as hell.
    Cheers! fella really appreciate you taking the time...

    Will def. give your advice a go.

  9. #39
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

    I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

    Anyone got any advice on that?
    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?
    Salty is right that you can't get rid of fat in one area, thats a myth the only thing that will make that fat go is cardio and cutting the calories. But some good lower ab exercises are hanging leg raises.

    If you have a chin up bar get on it and make sure your palms are facing away from you. Your body should be straight then lift your legs keeping them straight, and raise your legs almost level with your abs. If thats too hard at first, then just try and lift them as far as you can, or bend your knees to your chest. And work up to it.

    This video here Mick is what your looking for and make sure, you don't use any swinging motion.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w

    Another one is called Double Leg Raises i believe, not sure of the name. But basically lay flat down on a mat. Put your hands behind your butt with your palms facing the floor. Then lift your legs up to round about 90 degree angle, keep your legs straight and hold it for a few seconds then lower your legs. Until there almost hitting the floor then raise your legs in the same position as last time and keep repeating it until you can't do no more.

    Theres two good ones there i'll give you some more later, but i just want to find out if your doing them ones first. Because there some of the most effective lower ab exercises.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    6,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?
    Salty is right that you can't get rid of fat in one area, thats a myth the only thing that will make that fat go is cardio and cutting the calories. But some good lower ab exercises are hanging leg raises.

    If you have a chin up bar get on it and make sure your palms are facing away from you. Your body should be straight then lift your legs keeping them straight, and raise your legs almost level with your abs. If thats too hard at first, then just try and lift them as far as you can, or bend your knees to your chest. And work up to it.

    This video here Mick is what your looking for and make sure, you don't use any swinging motion.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w

    Another one is called Double Leg Raises i believe, not sure of the name. But basically lay flat down on a mat. Put your hands behind your butt with your palms facing the floor. Then lift your legs up to round about 90 degree angle, keep your legs straight and hold it for a few seconds then lower your legs. Until there almost hitting the floor then raise your legs in the same position as last time and keep repeating it until you can't do no more.

    Theres two good ones there i'll give you some more later, but i just want to find out if your doing them ones first. Because there some of the most effective lower ab exercises.
    Is that you on that vid ?

  11. #41
    ICB Guest

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?
    Salty is right that you can't get rid of fat in one area, thats a myth the only thing that will make that fat go is cardio and cutting the calories. But some good lower ab exercises are hanging leg raises.

    If you have a chin up bar get on it and make sure your palms are facing away from you. Your body should be straight then lift your legs keeping them straight, and raise your legs almost level with your abs. If thats too hard at first, then just try and lift them as far as you can, or bend your knees to your chest. And work up to it.

    This video here Mick is what your looking for and make sure, you don't use any swinging motion.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w

    Another one is called Double Leg Raises i believe, not sure of the name. But basically lay flat down on a mat. Put your hands behind your butt with your palms facing the floor. Then lift your legs up to round about 90 degree angle, keep your legs straight and hold it for a few seconds then lower your legs. Until there almost hitting the floor then raise your legs in the same position as last time and keep repeating it until you can't do no more.

    Theres two good ones there i'll give you some more later, but i just want to find out if your doing them ones first. Because there some of the most effective lower ab exercises.
    Is that you on that vid ?
    Nah

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    6,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

    Salty is right that you can't get rid of fat in one area, thats a myth the only thing that will make that fat go is cardio and cutting the calories. But some good lower ab exercises are hanging leg raises.

    If you have a chin up bar get on it and make sure your palms are facing away from you. Your body should be straight then lift your legs keeping them straight, and raise your legs almost level with your abs. If thats too hard at first, then just try and lift them as far as you can, or bend your knees to your chest. And work up to it.

    This video here Mick is what your looking for and make sure, you don't use any swinging motion.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w

    Another one is called Double Leg Raises i believe, not sure of the name. But basically lay flat down on a mat. Put your hands behind your butt with your palms facing the floor. Then lift your legs up to round about 90 degree angle, keep your legs straight and hold it for a few seconds then lower your legs. Until there almost hitting the floor then raise your legs in the same position as last time and keep repeating it until you can't do no more.

    Theres two good ones there i'll give you some more later, but i just want to find out if your doing them ones first. Because there some of the most effective lower ab exercises.
    Is that you on that vid ?

    Nah
    LOL I'm just kidding. I knew he was too good looking for somebody from London.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,495
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2408
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Mick with the Foot, Try going Southpaw on the bag. It will give you a better feel where you should be with your feet, alternate each round you might get a better understanding.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

    boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Mick with the Foot, Try going Southpaw on the bag. It will give you a better feel where you should be with your feet, alternate each round you might get a better understanding.
    Cheers Scrap...
    I've got training scheduled for tomorrow morning 9 am.
    Will def. give that a go...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4728
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Alright thanks to everyone for the help.

    I see what I need to do, It's hard to break the habit of lifting the foot off the ground. But with time and practice I'll get better.

    My double end bag keeps going flat and it's brand new...
    Gonna fix it tomorrow.

    Thanks again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing