Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 53 of 53

Thread: ~CutMeMicks Log~

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1305
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

    I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

    Anyone got any advice on that?
    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?

    I don't think you can spot loose fat with exercise. From memory though I think they say that people who eat a high protein and low carb diet with the same calories as a high carb and low protein diet will have less fat around their stomachs.

    So they might still gain weight but store it in different areas and actually fat around your stomach is associated with risk of heart disease more too i think.

    I read this in the front of a high protein and low carb diet recepe book but it was released in Australia by the CSIRO which are a major government funded legitimately recognised scientific group.

    Here's a link:
    Total Wellbeing Diet

    A higher proportion of protein in your diet might also curb cravings more anyway.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,786
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3331
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?

    I don't think you can spot loose fat with exercise. From memory though I think they say that people who eat a high protein and low carb diet with the same calories as a high carb and low protein diet will have less fat around their stomachs.

    So they might still gain weight but store it in different areas and actually fat around your stomach is associated with risk of heart disease more too i think.

    I read this in the front of a high protein and low carb diet recepe book but it was released in Australia by the CSIRO which are a major government funded legitimately recognised scientific group.

    Here's a link:
    Total Wellbeing Diet

    A higher proportion of protein in your diet might also curb cravings more anyway.
    Yea Sharla...I know for sure when I was cutting weight and going high protein/low carb...in one week I lost 7 pounds, and the most obvious part of it was in my stomach. I looked incredibly ripped and the abs were very defined. Now this was a bit extreme as was working out hard and running 2 and 3 times a day also to shed.

    Now that I am working on gaining and going high carb....well, haaa...those cool abs folks look for are no longer there. (I suppose they are still there...just hiding under a layer of fat )

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1305
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    don't worry Youngblood - my AMAZING six pack is hiding too!

    Sometimes i think people are actually at their fittest and healthiest when lean but no too lean anyway!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1206
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    One thing I forgot to mention was fish oil, that stuff is the closest you will ever come to spot reducing on your stomach. So many studies have proven it to be a fat loss aid, in particular your waist line for some reason. Not to mention the thousands of other benefits you get from it. It's cheap as hell as well, so start swallowing that fish oil!
    "There are no ordinary moments"

    Hidden Content

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    674
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

    What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?

    I don't think you can spot loose fat with exercise. From memory though I think they say that people who eat a high protein and low carb diet with the same calories as a high carb and low protein diet will have less fat around their stomachs.

    So they might still gain weight but store it in different areas and actually fat around your stomach is associated with risk of heart disease more too i think.

    I read this in the front of a high protein and low carb diet recepe book but it was released in Australia by the CSIRO which are a major government funded legitimately recognised scientific group.

    Here's a link:
    Total Wellbeing Diet

    A higher proportion of protein in your diet might also curb cravings more anyway.

    yep, diet and cardio get that off of you- the sit-ups and crunches get you something good to look at when the fat's off. it's like that last 5-10 pounds takes 6 months to come off completely. stick with it.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4725
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Will work on updating this log tomorrow.
    I've got a video of me training on my gym.

    Will also do an update on my weight & training I've done.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    a local pub near you.
    Posts
    7,652
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2546
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    The fish oil in the pill?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    811
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Will work on updating this log tomorrow.
    I've got a video of me training on my gym.

    Will also do an update on my weight & training I've done.
    Hey Mick,

    I've briefly skimmed over your workout log. Keep up the good work.

    The last bit of fat on your lower stomach has nothing to do with not doing enough lower ab work. Like someone has said, it will be to do with your diet and training.

    Try interval training. That has hands-down worked the best for me when I needed my abs back. You are doing a form of interval training anyway on the bag. E.G. Your 75 jabs and then resting etc.

    My example is that I am doing 2 minutes of non stop combinations on the bag then 1 minute of rest. Rinse and repeat for 10 rounds. Then you add progressions. I.E. More rounds, more work time or less recovery. (3 minutes instead of 2)

    Give your body a reason to drop that last bit of fat..because believe me, it doesn't want to! You need to force it to!

    I'll check over your workout log some more later, I have more time now because I have gone part time to train more of my own clients. I'll help you out anyway I can if you need it. Just let me know.
    I'm off to bed now. Keep working hard. You'll get there!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing