Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Some names i'd like to know more about.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some names i'd like to know more about.

The lighter weights get stuff all coverage here in australia. So we miss out on some of the worlds great fighters. I'd like to ask some people with more knowledge than me about a few fighters ive been hearing about around the traps and whether they are good or not.
    Wladimir Sidorenko
    Celestino Caballero
    Alexander Munoz
    Simone Maludrottu

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some names i'd like to know more about.

Quote Originally Posted by nonito (formerly eagle)
    Simone Maludrottu
    Haven't seen much of him, only 1 fight when he TKO'ed Kelly in 3rds. was impressed with what I saw. I think hes up for a title shot sometime this year.

Celestino Caballero
    What a freak of nature this guy is I mean his giant compared to the rest of the Super Bantams. However I did not like the way he looked against Castillo. Yes he did win but he missed a lot early on and started connecting on Castillo after Castillo had already lost the fight mentally. Also in some rounds Castillo the much much shorter fighter was able to connect and win rounds at times somewhat easy.

Alexander Munoz
    World Class fighter I mean in both fights against Castillo hes shown tremendous heart, in the re-match with Castillo he showed a lot of heart and was giving Castillo fits. I knew he'd beat Nashiro and I predicted that, I would def. love to see him and Castillo do it a 3rd time I think it would make for a great fight as I think putting his hands on the title has given Munoz a lot of cofidence.

Wladimir Sidorenko
    Not sold on him I don't care what you tell me. I think he stands around for too long at times and picks his shots for waaay to long.
    I just don't like his style and someone whos an active/busy fighter like for example Gonzalez or possibly Moludrottu himself will give him a hard time.
    Especially if they can get him to fight going backwards...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Simone Maludrottu
    Haven't seen much of him, only 1 fight when he TKO'ed Kelly in 3rds. was impressed with what I saw. I think hes up for a title shot sometime this year.

Celestino Caballero
    What a freak of nature this guy is I mean his giant compared to the rest of the Super Bantams. However I did not like the way he looked against Castillo. Yes he did win but he missed a lot early on and started connecting on Castillo after Castillo had already lost the fight mentally. Also in some rounds Castillo the much much shorter fighter was able to connect and win rounds at times somewhat easy.

Alexander Munoz
    World Class fighter I mean in both fights against Castillo hes shown tremendous heart, in the re-match with Castillo he showed a lot of heart and was giving Castillo fits. I knew he'd beat Nashiro and I predicted that, I would def. love to see him and Castillo do it a 3rd time I think it would make for a great fight as I think putting his hands on the title has given Munoz a lot of cofidence.

Wladimir Sidorenko
    Not sold on him I don't care what you tell me. I think he stands around for too long at times and picks his shots for waaay to long.
    I just don't like his style and someone whos an active/busy fighter like for example Gonzalez or possibly Moludrottu himself will give him a hard time.
    Maludrotta is fighting Hasegawa for the WBC belt. How u see that going?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Simone Maludrottu

Celestino Caballero

Alexander Munoz

Wladimir Sidorenko
    Maludrotta is fighting Hasegawa for the WBC belt. How u see that going?
    Hasegawa knocks him out!!!

As for Munoz... great fighter. Love to see him & Castillo do it a 3rd time. Would crown a Ring Jr. Bantam champion!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why don't we see much of Ward (is it Andre ?) the successful olympic fighter he must be about 12-0 something like that and I never see him on undercards over here.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyninja
    Why don't we see much of Ward (is it Andre ?) the successful olympic fighter he must be about 12-0 something like that and I never see him on undercards over here.
    He fighting Sat. on the undercard of Margarito - Williams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent thanks do you reckon they'll show highlights ?

Thread Information