Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CP Company log

21st march 08.

Been back in England for 3 weeks and put on a ton of weight due to binge drinking and eating. So I am now 75kg and my stamina will be a bit reduced.

3 rounds skipping

3 rounds shadow boxing

4 rounds heavybag

4 rounds double end bag

2 rounds on the heavybag giving it a proper pounding.

I didnt feel as unfit as expected.

I also bought one of those exercise balls for sit ups and will use that a few times per day. I also bought a top notch pair of running shoes for a bit of road work, although they feel a bit small. Went for a run at midnight, dont know how far but it took twenty minutes.
    Ive also decided that my crap running trainers that I leave in the gym might be the reason for my shin splints from skipping so i will buy another good pair to use at the gym.

22nd March

2 rounds skipping. Shin Splints playing up again

3 rounds shadow boxing

4 rounds heavybag

4 rounds on the mitts. There was a new trainer in the gym today, and the main trainers asked me to go on the mitts with him cos they wanted to have a look at him. I quite liked his mitt style, he was moving around the ring at fast pace, having me cut off the ring and throwing jabs and one twos.

Did two rounds with him and then 2 rounds with my usual trainer. He had me drilling the same 10 punch combination over 2 rounds. i could barely lift my arms by the end and was pretty close to throwing up. God knows how many punches I throw when he works me on the mitts.

3 rounds double end bag.

The speedball hasnt reappeared for a while.

No running tonight due to my legs being sore and I am going on a massive drinking session.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany View Post
    21st march 08.

Been back in England for 3 weeks and put on a ton of weight due to binge drinking and eating. So I am now 75kg and my stamina will be a bit reduced.

3 rounds skipping

3 rounds shadow boxing

4 rounds heavybag

4 rounds double end bag

2 rounds on the heavybag giving it a proper pounding.

I didnt feel as unfit as expected.

I also bought one of those exercise balls for sit ups and will use that a few times per day. I also bought a top notch pair of running shoes for a bit of road work, although they feel a bit small. Went for a run at midnight, dont know how far but it took twenty minutes.
    Ive also decided that my crap running trainers that I leave in the gym might be the reason for my shin splints from skipping so i will buy another good pair to use at the gym.

22nd March

2 rounds skipping. Shin Splints playing up again

3 rounds shadow boxing

4 rounds heavybag

4 rounds on the mitts. There was a new trainer in the gym today, and the main trainers asked me to go on the mitts with him cos they wanted to have a look at him. I quite liked his mitt style, he was moving around the ring at fast pace, having me cut off the ring and throwing jabs and one twos.

Did two rounds with him and then 2 rounds with my usual trainer. He had me drilling the same 10 punch combination over 2 rounds. i could barely lift my arms by the end and was pretty close to throwing up. God knows how many punches I throw when he works me on the mitts.

3 rounds double end bag.

The speedball hasnt reappeared for a while.

No running tonight due to my legs being sore and I am going on a massive drinking session.
    It's great that your doing a log to check your progress but i don't see the point in putting all this work in and then going on a massive drinking session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

25th March

4 rounds skipping.

I got myself a top notch pair of heavily cushioned running trainers and I could feel the difference in the impact on my legs immediately.
    There was still a bit of tightness when shadow boxing in my right calf and arch of my right foot but nowhere near as much as usual.

3 rounds shadow boxing

6 rounds on the heavybag

6 rounds double end bag

Was supposed to do a bit of padwork but one of the pros accosted my trainer so that went out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

26th March

2 rounds shadow boxing.

No skipping today to give my shins a rest

3 rounds mitts. Drilled a left uppercut, striaght right, left hook, right uppercut combination.

1 round shadow boxing

6 rounds heavybag

6 rounds double end bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3.5 rounds skipping

2 rounds shadow boxing

6.5 rounds heavybag

6 rounds double end bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

28th March 08

4 rounds skipping

2 rounds shadow boxing

6.5 rounds heavybag

6 rounds double end bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

29th March

5 rounds skipping

2.5 rounds shadow boxing

6.5 rounds heavy bag

6 rounds double end bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1st April 08

I didnt feel like going into the gym today. I didnt eat properly yesterday (some fruit and chocolate) and I slept too much so i was a bit lethargic.

5 rounds skipping

1 round shadow boxing

6 rounds heavybag

5.5 rounds double end bag

Didnt feel that good in the gym, my shoulders were really sore and tired and I had no snap to my punches. A lesson to eat properly in future.

Also, my shin splints seem to be better with the purchase of my new trainers. BUT, the soles on my new trainers are thick, especially on the heels. So, when I am boxing my back foot is resting very high on the toes in order to keep the heel off the ground which is putting stress on my right knee and hip and its quite uncomfortable. Just my fucking luck!!!

I think i will have to use the trainers just for skipping and buy some boxing shoes to where for the rest of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2nd April.

Had a few commitments today so there was no time for the gym.

Did my usual stomach exercises and decided to go for a 20 minute midnight run to keep my stamina levels up. Jesus, I am not cut out for long distance mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When are you gonna spar with someone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Lol, Fuck knows. The times I have been told to go to the gym for sparring the lads I am supposed to spar with havent turned up, and its a pain in the arse.This is during the day.

At night time when I go its the pros who have all the sparring and they seem to go at it hard. No amateurs except for kids go at night. The only sparring Ive done was with a pro.

Now that you have brought it up I think i will have another word with one of the trainers tomorrow to see if they can shove me in the ring with someone, cos I am dying to let rip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Lol, Fuck knows. The times I have been told to go to the gym for sparring the lads I am supposed to spar with havent turned up, and its a pain in the arse.This is during the day.

At night time when I go its the pros who have all the sparring and they seem to go at it hard. No amateurs except for kids go at night. The only sparring Ive done was with a pro.

Now that you have brought it up I think i will have another word with one of the trainers tomorrow to see if they can shove me in the ring with someone, cos I am dying to let rip.
    Right on dude! Sounds like you're ready. I hope they'd find someone for you to spar with.

Well, goodluck with that. And let us know the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3rd April

3 rounds shadow boxing

6 rounds skipping (I changed the order to see if it gave the arches of my feet a bit of a rest. it worked a little bit)

6 rounds heavybag

1 round on the small heavy bag

6 rounds double end bag

Had a word with my trainer about sparring. He said that I should go in at 2 30 tomorrow as some other fighters nearer my level are due in at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4th April 08

4 rounds shadow boxing

2 rounds sparring

6 rounds skipping

6 rounds heavy bag

6 rounds double end bag

Sparred with one of the pros who I had sparred with before. The coach asked me 3 times if I really wanted to spar with this pro so I was beginning to wonder if something was up !
    Sparring rules were full power to the body but to pull our punches a bit with headshots. The pro I was sparring with is a super feather and he is a bit taller than me. And he went at it far harder this time than before.

I didnt feel i did well, got caught with a ton of hard jabs (I dont think the pro was actually pulling his headshots as the coach told him a few times to calm down). My nose was bleeding quite badly and swollen and the inside of my lip is cut and swollen as well.

The coach and the pro thought I did well and looked quite comfortable in the ring and the pro reckons my punches were pretty strong (I barely hit him with a clean shot though). I found it very hard to slip any punches and got caught with almost everything. Saying that, ive barely been training 8 months and he has been training over 8 years so I should be a bit more realistic in my expectations.

Points to work on.

I was a bit too upright. I am not a particularly fast fighter so its better for me to fight in a crouch as I will never outjab anyone due to speed and reach.

Spend more time slipping punches when shadow boxing and on the double end bag.

Get my stamina up, when I was missing with my punches I felt absolutely knackered.

get a fitted mouthpeice. The Shock doctor one is a bit too bulky and I find it hard to keep my lips together. I think thats why my lips are cut on the inside.

When my 12 oz gloves wear out to get some 16 oz for bag work. I used 16 oz gloves for sparring and they felt like a ton weight. may as well buy 16 oz gloves and get used to them.

Any comments and advice are appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

9th April

2.5 rounds shadow boxing

5 rounds skipping

4.5 rounds heavybag

2.5 rounds mitts

5 rounds double end bag

My biceps are starting to become tired as i am training with a lot more intensity these days. Started to take protein and glutamine after training to try and combat this. Hopefully I will see the affects soon.
    I think I will try to do some bodyweight exercises from tomorrow to try to increase my strength.

Thread Information