Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CP Company log

12th June

7 rounds skipping

2 rounds shadow boxing

6 rounds heavybag

6 rounds double end bag

Felt full of energy today. Although the last 2 rounds on the double end bag I got a bit tired and my timing and accuracy was a bit hit and miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

13th JUne

7 rounds skipping

2 rounds shadow boxing

2.5 rounds mitts

6 rouns heavy bag

5 rounds double end bag

2 rounds sparring

Didnt feel like sparring today. As I was about to finish off, one of the trainers walked into the gym and told me to put my mouthguard in and spar a couple of rounds. I was absolutely knackered by this point and the lad I sparred with was basically taking the piss out of me because I could barely swing my arms. Still, I landed a couple of nice hooks to the body when he was pissing about on the ropes and it was good to get a few more rounds under my belt.
    Still, sparring with pros is hard going because its hard to lay a glove on them. it would be nice if some adult amateurs would join the gym so I could at least have a go with someone around my level.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you tried to recruit yourself. I have exactly 10 friends who are now at my gym. Of those, 2 are already sparring, and most likely a few more will drop off as always, but before that there was no one my age. I know it will be harder at an older age and you won't get the same interest, but you never know...maybe a friend, coworker? Sure it may take them awhile to get up to speed, and maybe they'll never spar, but it does help I find to have people close in age, and specifically those I know/knew outside of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Have you tried to recruit yourself. I have exactly 10 friends who are now at my gym. Of those, 2 are already sparring, and most likely a few more will drop off as always, but before that there was no one my age. I know it will be harder at an older age and you won't get the same interest, but you never know...maybe a friend, coworker? Sure it may take them awhile to get up to speed, and maybe they'll never spar, but it does help I find to have people close in age, and specifically those I know/knew outside of boxing.
    Nah, no chance of that really. Most of the people I know over here are either too old, too unfit or no good at sport. My best mate here used to do Kyokushin karate and he made a few noises about joining the gym but he has piss poor will power and I doubt he will ever join.
    The odd adult joins the gym now and again but usually they come a few times and I never see them again. The gym is pretty much pro fighters, school kids, women in the upstairs fitness area and me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

17th June

6.5 rounds skipping

2 rounds shadow boxing

6 heavy bag

6 double

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

18th june

6.5 rounds skip

1 round shadow

2 rounds pads

4 rounds heavybag

3 rounds double

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

19th June

7 rounds skip

2 rounds shadow

7 rounds on the heavy bag. The last 2 rounds the coach came over and did 2 drills of a combination. nearly killed me in this humidity

4 rounds double

2 rounds sparring.
    sparred with an older guy who is a friend of someone I work with. I think he just wanted to test me out so his friend could tell my colleagues if I was any good or not. We went at it fairly easy and my coach made me work on parrying straight punches then throwing back over the top.

The headguards are getting on my tits. I am fairly short so I train to fight from a fairly crouched position with my chin well tucked in. But with the headguards I cant really see properly like that so it means the punch is almost at my face before i see it. Consequently I end up either trying to tilt my headguard back or fighting straight backed with my chin up so I can see better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany View Post
    19th June

7 rounds skip

2 rounds shadow

7 rounds on the heavy bag. The last 2 rounds the coach came over and did 2 drills of a combination. nearly killed me in this humidity

4 rounds double

2 rounds sparring.
    sparred with an older guy who is a friend of someone I work with. I think he just wanted to test me out so his friend could tell my colleagues if I was any good or not. We went at it fairly easy and my coach made me work on parrying straight punches then throwing back over the top.

The headguards are getting on my tits. I am fairly short so I train to fight from a fairly crouched position with my chin well tucked in. But with the headguards I cant really see properly like that so it means the punch is almost at my face before i see it. Consequently I end up either trying to tilt my headguard back or fighting straight backed with my chin up so I can see better.
    First of all nice blog.
    Secondly, have you tried Top Ten headgears?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany View Post
    19th June

7 rounds skip

2 rounds shadow

4 rounds double

2 rounds sparring.

First of all nice blog.
    Secondly, have you tried Top Ten headgears?

Never tried them. The gym suplies the sparring gloves and the headguards. All the headguards are by winning. I do have a small head though, its a nightmare getting hats to fit. Especially here in japan where everyone seems to have a huge head!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Ten do small headgears and although they may be a bit plasticy and lacking in protection somewhat, they really aid you're vision.

I need to get a good headguard myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been teaching PE over the summer holidays. Only managing to hit the gym about 2 times a week. Havent had any time to post my training log.

I am doing a bit less in the gym at the moment, mainly from being too knackered from work and the intense heat and humidity. One of the pros passed out from heat exhaustion last week and had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance. Very scary indeed.

Thread Information