Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Taylor Pavlik has a rematch clause for 168!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor Pavlik has a rematch clause for 168!

I don't know how reliable the source but basically,it says if Pavlik wins, a rematch would take place at the super middleweight level. Taylor's team has become increasingly concerned lately about the champion's ability to slim down to the middleweight limit.

Isnt that a.)making excuses for JT if he loses and b.) a sign of weakness for JT?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor Pavlik has a rematch clause for 168!

Not really virtually all champions seem to put in a rematch clause these days, just good business sense.

I mean I don't intend to ever hit someone in my car but I still got to have insurance........

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats some awkward shit

i hope taylor gets KTFO at both weights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That car analogy was really bad and although there are lots of rematches clauses,I don't remember when it stipualtes that the rematch must occur at a higher weight. I find it a sign of weakness,notice how it says if Pavlik wins,JT gets a rematch not that there has to be a rematch either way. JT could lose and say,I was weight drained,demeaning Kelly's victory(hypothetically speaking of course)

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    thats some awkward shit

i hope taylor gets KTFO at both weights

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    That car analogy was really bad
    Gimme a break I've had a tough night with the flu. Normally I would have put some thought into it and come up with a better analogy involving a no good punk ass dancer and Britney Spears but I'm tired :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how reliable the source but basically,it says if Pavlik wins, a rematch would take place at the super middleweight level. Taylor's team has become increasingly concerned lately about the champion's ability to slim down to the middleweight limit.

Isnt that a.)making excuses for JT if he loses and b.) a sign of weakness for JT?
    Could also mean Taylors is losing focus and getting lazy, Pavlik will destroy this guy.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why there is so much hating on Taylor?

I mean I'm not a super fan but damn
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya

Bro,I don't hate on anyone(except Darchinyan but not anymore ). JT is a very good fighter who has shown some limitations in his last few fights for whatever reason. I still think he is P4P for his showings v B Hop and Winky. I just don't understand pputting in a clause or a rematch at a higher weight. If he loses,he will obviously use the "I was weight drained,watch the rematch" line.I find it interesting that JT's team asked for it but Pavlik,who is also struggling with the weight,did not ask for a rematch clause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bro,I don't hate on anyone(except Darchinyan but not anymore ). JT is a very good fighter who has shown some limitations in his last few fights for whatever reason. I still think he is P4P for his showings v B Hop and Winky. I just don't understand pputting in a clause or a rematch at a higher weight. If he loses,he will obviously use the "I was weight drained,watch the rematch" line.I find it interesting that JT's team asked for it but Pavlik,who is also struggling with the weight,did not ask for a rematch clause.
    I agree it is strange to have the rematch clause at a higher weight, but it is not that surprising that only one camp have a rematch clause. After all, if a champion disposes of a challenger easy, then there doesn't really seem the need for a rematch. Pavlik may want a rematch clause, but he doesnt necessarily have the bargaining position to get in the contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K

I agree it is strange to have the rematch clause at a higher weight, but it is not that surprising that only one camp have a rematch clause. After all, if a champion disposes of a challenger easy, then there doesn't really seem the need for a rematch. Pavlik may want a rematch clause, but he doesnt necessarily have the bargaining position to get in the contract.
    CC,I didn't see it that way,that Pavlik may be did not have the leverage to insert a rematch clause although he seems like the kind of guy that wants to get the job done there and then,seek and destroy type!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope. Common procedure & also...smart as hell...Pavlik will give him the fight of his career.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=El Gamo ]

So basically if he loses he will allow his opponent to put on a couple pounds of muscle and allow a allready powerfull puncher to be even more powerfull. Wow thats stupid. Lou De Bella ....go figure.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Nope. Common procedure & also...smart as hell...Pavlik will give him the fight of his career.
    agreed..

and also, some of you guys are crazily hypocritical sometimes. First everyone says he's going to try to duck Pavlik cause he'll lose blah blah.. and now JT wants to fight him AGAIN if he loses. Making up excuses would be somehow not taking the fight and demanding Pavlik to move to SMW for a fight.. then you guys could bitch, cause you could call that 'excuses'.. However, it DOES show a sign of weakness. Taylor is simply saying, I signed the contract at middleweight and im still giving you the opportunity, but if you win i want a chance to redeem myself.. what the hell is so wrong with that? Every champ wants to fight the guys who beat them in the past.. Granted i think that it gives Pavlik a sort of mental edge if JT is doubting himself, but its still smart of JT to get this worked in so that there are no debates afterwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The same can be said for Pavlik
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

The same can be said for Pavlik
    That does not make sense,elaborate. If JT is asking for a rematch at another weight and Pavlik has not(or it has not been stipulated) how can the same be said of Pavlik?If Kelly loses and says he was weight drained,they most likely won't fight again. If JT loses and says he was weight drained,the rematch must take place.

Quote Originally Posted by RP33
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

agreed..

and also, some of you guys are crazily hypocritical sometimes. First everyone says he's going to try to duck Pavlik cause he'll lose blah blah.. and now JT wants to fight him AGAIN if he loses. Making up excuses would be somehow not taking the fight and demanding Pavlik to move to SMW for a fight.. then you guys could bitch, cause you could call that 'excuses'.. However, it DOES show a sign of weakness. Taylor is simply saying, I signed the contract at middleweight and im still giving you the opportunity, but if you win i want a chance to redeem myself.. what the hell is so wrong with that? Every champ wants to fight the guys who beat them in the past.. Granted i think that it gives Pavlik a sort of mental edge if JT is doubting himself, but its still smart of JT to get this worked in so that there are no debates afterwards.

You're totally missing the point. Rematches are per the norm,I see no problem with that. All I find strange is that JT's team can argue he was weight drained and renforce a rematch thus demeaning Pavliks victory(assuming Pavlik wins of course)

and the part about it does show weakness and there are no debates afterwards are totally confusing. You lost me there. Of course there will be debates if Pavlik wins. JT fans can say he was weight drained(as Pavlik himself could very well be) and that he didn';t fight JT at his best and Pavlik fans will obviously counter argue that.

Thread Information