Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: after all the years of Margarito this and that.....HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: after all the years of Margarito this and that.....HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

It was a close fight imo..

I had the same card as Larry Merchant

And if tony had started a little bit faster he would have gotten a decision..I thought he was going to stop him a few times..

Have you seen the fight JjrMayweather?
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by josef4334
    margarito didnt have it at all man. thats why everytime i see margaritos name on somebody's p4p list i get a stomach ache. the guy has no heart. his punches doesnt even show that he has a will to knock the guy out. no wonder he picked williams over cotto coz he knows cotto will wipe the canvas with him. well i guess we gotta see SSM vs Cotto this fall

That is the most F****** pathetic post I have ever read. Have a sad click.

And Take a Sad click from me as well....That post is just plain stupid.....No Heart He fought like a champion and came on in the second half of the fight he just waited too long......Margarito did not get beat up,,, He was not dropped,,,He took anything Williams had to offer and did not flinch....

What happened to all the "Williams is going to knock Margarito out"?......He didn't even stun Tony...He out worked him is all end of story.........

I give Williams his credit he won the fight and rightfully so but You are taking it to a level that is not there and are now Officialy the third biggest idiot to grace these boards after Royal and ProBoxer 18...

I think I will Sad Click you every day for a week......

Not for talking against Margarito but for posting like a slob :Moon:
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather+Mosley
    finally...no more false hope..and lies about who's ducking him..and it was exactly as it was he was a bum that beat other bums for ten years...now what? and they tried to cheat paul...115-113?

easily 116-112 or 117-111...

now why was floyd ducking margarito? or tony as his supporters say...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

finally the paper champ is gone.....and without a big payday that he was trying to get...it takes more than fans to make you a legit "threat"
    I still believe Floyd wouldn't fight Tony for the same money he's willing to get against Hatton... I mean, Tony did what he had to do, he went twelve and kept Tony at the end of his long jab, stole rounds early and made sure he would confirm the win in the last round, he didn't "punish" Tony or mopped the floor with him but he challenged him openly and beat him fair and square, I feel no symphaty towards Tony and his allegations, he just lost a lot of money to be made against Cotto...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked Tony and don't tink he's a bum; lots of heart and tough n' durable. And to be honest I actually didn't give Williams a shot at beating him down the stretch. I didn't realize how big that dude is, and his work rate was phenomenal. I never thought Tony had a snowballs chance in hell against Floyd, because he is so slow and cumbersome, and really has won fights through atrition and simple will. But I think he was simply overwhelmed with the work rate last night. Did he block alot of punches last night?? Yes, but those take a toll on your arms and fatigue you when were talking the volume thrown at him and I quite frankly think he became fatigued. You'll notice in the last round Tony didn't do s#it, and it's not cause' he thought he won. I had alot of respect for Tony but the disrespect he gave to Williams was shameful: hell even Tony's wife was talking bad to Williams. Though understandable from a certain standpoint{no big payday now with Cotto}, it's not Williams fault he was awarded the decision, it was Tony's. He couldn't win that war of atrition: a case of a too little too late. Williams is a diamond in the rough, who looked real polished and would love to see Floyd fight this guy. JMHO
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol..Toney has been fighting bums?

News to me!.. Clotteys toughness speaks for itself and a young man going by the name of kermit cintron who antonio blasted out brutally scored his first world title defense in brutal fashion earlier that night
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give the first 5 or six rounds to williams while he cheated, the rest to toni because the ref had warned williams and he stopped cheating, then he cheated again in the last and took the fight 7-5 rounds....

Toni was robbed, not on the cards, but by the cheating fuck williams and that piss poor ref... the first six rounds he rgabbed hold of magarito as soon as he was in range to hit him, every time he got close he grabbed.. the ref takes 6 rounds to warn him, williams doesn't take hold of him again for 5 rounds and doesn't win one of them, holds on like hell in the last and takes it... thats bullshit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not a fan of either man, but people calling Margarito a bum because he lost to Williams is a joke, Williams throws punches from all angles with little power and no snap, only landing about 20% of his punches. I watched the fight and gave it to Williams 116/112. But unless he learns how to sit down on his punches and throw with some power I don't think he will sit on one of the top rungs of the welter division for long. His height and reach and volume of punches may keep him up there for a little while but he's to wreck less and will be caught. I put Floyd, Cotto and Cintron well above him in the welter division. This is the first fight I seen Williams in and I was not impressed by his accuracy, balance or power at all. I was impressed by his stamina to keep throwing punches though. Sure he landed some good shots over the course of the fight which he should have after throwing from 1008 to 1200 + punches depending on who you listen to about how many punches he actually threw. But nothing devastating to put him in the upper class of the welter division. his biggest assets are his height and stamina but once someone like Cotto, Cintron or Floyd gets in the ring with him I have to rate him the lowest of the champs. This post may be nothing but bullshit since I have not seen enough of him to make a true assessment. Styles make fights and maybe he could beat all the other champs just on stamina and punch output alone but I seriously doubt it at this point. Plus he's so big I can't see him making the 147 weight for long. He came in at 162 lbs after making the 147 limit, which further impresses me with his stamina, he's 25 yrs old now but by the time he's 30yrs old I expect him to be a light heavy if he lasts that long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was a fairly close fight that went the pretty much the way i expected and it was competitive right till the end, alot of fighters would of got disheartened nd put their head down but margarito done all he could to win and didnt disgrace himself at all but i think he was allways gonna have to knock williams out to beat him so i was impressed wid both fighters. i think williams should fight cotto so they can unify or even cintron after stopping the argentine earlier but i dont want mosely to fight williams as im not sure mosely could get in close enough to land with his fast hands but i think shane could beat ne1 else in the divsion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a big mistake to put Margarito down for this fight. The man's a good fighter and gave Williams a tough fight. Williams also fought a great fight and has proven to be a top fighter. Any atempt to put Margarito down or question his status as a top fighter is equivalent to putting Williams down on his great performance.

Williams did a great job period and he deserved the W.

All you Margo haters deserve a round of sad clicks for your tottally biased posting and failing to see that this was a great fight between two top fighters.

ICB Guest

This is pointless rub it in your face thread Margarito wasn't exposed Williams fought great fight and Margarito made it tough Williams could beat anyone out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is still tough, Williams is just better. It's really annoying when people try to be smart arsed just because they got a prediction right. I pickede Williams to win but I didn't come on here to laugh at people who did not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    finally...no more false hope..and lies about who's ducking him..and it was exactly as it was he was a bum that beat other bums for ten years...now what? and they tried to cheat paul...115-113?

now why was floyd ducking margarito? or tony as his supporters say...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

finally the paper champ is gone.....and without a big payday that he was trying to get...it takes more than fans to make you a legit "threat"
    The funny thing is that Tony came out of this fight un hurt and with nothing more than a tiny mouse under his eye. Did you see Williams face? This was a tough fight. Williams is a southpaw who throws a lot of punches. He is pretty good. The fact that Tony lost to an undefeated fighter is nothing bad. This does not take away from the fact that Floyd ducked Tony. It's that simple. Floyd is still a punk. At least Margarito faught Williams when people were saying he would never fight him.
    Floyd is still a punk and Floyd still ducked Tony.
    Get it right biatch.
    Yep the P4P undefeated punk a sure in for the HOF, rich as hell, beat real champions and challengers made a name for himself and didn't try to cash in off some else's hard work by running his mouth...it funny that tony called out the smaller guys but went up to 154 was getting handled by samtos and went back down...you see what happened to him last night is what his fanboys thought he could do to floyd, be too long, and throw too many punches..but floyd would have destroyed his ass 120-108 as there is no need to even mention it because he simply isn't and never was worthy of a shot against the big names...

Oh this one i'm willing to take all the sad clicks and insults...because for three years now..i've been saying all along that margarito was nothing..and in his first fight with a legitamate opponent he lost..soundedly and the only reason those scores were that close was because the judges were trying to give it to margarito...even the ref was bullshit...warning williams for holding...how the fuck do you throw 1200+ punches and hold?

so fuck margarito....and news flash that was his fifth lost....you see like williams is undefeated as a young prospect...that's a real challenger...tony was nothing more a myth built up by arum and tony fanboys...

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB

News to me!.. Clotteys toughness speaks for itself and a young man going by the name of kermit cintron who antonio blasted out brutally scored his first world title defense in brutal fashion earlier that night
    and yeah i watched the fight...clot hurt his hand and cintron although he looked good tonight is not yet ready to be mentioned..as i'm starting to question his mindset...because his only lost was to margarito and when asked after the fight who he would like to fight he says, mosley? Why not Margarito? He'll do better there because if margarito stopped him...shane will embarass him...

and in closing...Ding dong Tony's gone, paper champ adios amigo, hola hombre, hasta mananna, hasta luego, and all that other shit
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont piss on all Hispanic people just because you dislike Margarito

And no he aint gone..Believe
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The funny thing is that Tony came out of this fight un hurt and with nothing more than a tiny mouse under his eye. Did you see Williams face? This was a tough fight. Williams is a southpaw who throws a lot of punches. He is pretty good. The fact that Tony lost to an undefeated fighter is nothing bad. This does not take away from the fact that Floyd ducked Tony. It's that simple. Floyd is still a punk. At least Margarito faught Williams when people were saying he would never fight him.
    Get it right biatch.
    Yep the P4P undefeated punk a sure in for the HOF, rich as hell, beat real champions and challengers made a name for himself and didn't try to cash in off some else's hard work by running his mouth...it funny that tony called out the smaller guys but went up to 154 was getting handled by samtos and went back down...you see what happened to him last night is what his fanboys thought he could do to floyd, be too long, and throw too many punches..but floyd would have destroyed his a** 120-108 as there is no need to even mention it because he simply isn't and never was worthy of a shot against the big names...

Oh this one i'm willing to take all the sad clicks and insults...because for three years now..i've been saying all along that margarito was nothing..and in his first fight with a legitamate opponent he lost..soundedly and the only reason those scores were that close was because the judges were trying to give it to margarito...even the ref was bullshit...warning williams for holding...how the F*** do you throw 1200+ punches and hold?

so F*** margarito....and news flash that was his fifth lost....you see like williams is undefeated as a young prospect...that's a real challenger...tony was nothing more a myth built up by arum and tony fanboys...

and yeah i watched the fight...clot hurt his hand and cintron although he looked good tonight is not yet ready to be mentioned..as i'm starting to question his mindset...because his only lost was to margarito and when asked after the fight who he would like to fight he says, mosley? Why not Margarito? He'll do better there because if margarito stopped him...shane will embarass him...

and in closing...Ding dong Tony's gone, paper champ adios amigo, hola hombre, hasta mananna, hasta luego, and all that other S***
    I AGREE with some of the things you aare saying, Williams DID deserve to win in my eyes but MARGARITO wasn't built up to be something he wasn'y, Margaito will be back. Are you saying Gatti was never a good fighter becuase he had 5 losses at one point in his career. And you called Williams Margarito first legitmite opponent, how do you get rated number 1 WW in the world by THE RING by fighting no bodies. Cintron isn't legit in your opinion then I bet youre on the Cintron band wagon now because he won well last night. Your post is complete and utter balls. SC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw

Get it right biatch.
    Yep the P4P undefeated punk a sure in for the HOF, rich as hell, beat real champions and challengers made a name for himself and didn't try to cash in off some else's hard work by running his mouth...it funny that tony called out the smaller guys but went up to 154 was getting handled by samtos and went back down...you see what happened to him last night is what his fanboys thought he could do to floyd, be too long, and throw too many punches..but floyd would have destroyed his a** 120-108 as there is no need to even mention it because he simply isn't and never was worthy of a shot against the big names...

Oh this one i'm willing to take all the sad clicks and insults...because for three years now..i've been saying all along that margarito was nothing..and in his first fight with a legitamate opponent he lost..soundedly and the only reason those scores were that close was because the judges were trying to give it to margarito...even the ref was bullshit...warning williams for holding...how the F*** do you throw 1200+ punches and hold?

so F*** margarito....and news flash that was his fifth lost....you see like williams is undefeated as a young prospect...that's a real challenger...tony was nothing more a myth built up by arum and tony fanboys...

and in closing...Ding dong Tony's gone, paper champ adios amigo, hola hombre, hasta mananna, hasta luego, and all that other S***
    I AGREE with some of the things you aare saying, Williams DID deserve to win in my eyes but MARGARITO wasn't built up to be something he wasn'y, Margaito will be back. Are you saying Gatti was never a good fighter becuase he had 5 losses at one point in his career. And you called Williams Margarito first legitmite opponent, how do you get rated number 1 WW in the world by THE RING by fighting no bodies. Cintron isn't legit in your opinion then I bet youre on the Cintron band wagon now because he won well last night. Your post is complete and utter balls. SC
    did you read the post? next time read all of it....

Dont piss on all Hispanic people just because you dislike Margarito

And no he aint gone..Believe
    what? yo seriously if you took my comments to be disrespectful to hispanics i truly apologize because that wasn't my intent...

tito is is in my top 5 favs, and i also had thread about barrera were i constantly defended him against the crap post about him being overrated....

again if i offended you because you believed it was racist...i apologize..i truly do

but as far as margarito is concerned....i meant what i said....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information