Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing that pisses me off in boxing...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: One thing that pisses me off in boxing...

that's how it should be, if you're not contributing to the fight, be it a trainer, cutman, or even somebody that pumps up the fighter mentally (although that's usually the trainer's job), then you shouldn't be there

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else notice that any disputes and riots are often caused by the ontourage as well? See the Tyson-Lewis press conference and Golota-Bowe riot.

El Kabong Guest

...it's hard for those guys to say no to their friends especially when they have suffered through the same hardships growing up.

I still think they are worthless people but then again how does one put a price on friendship? If those guys feel like they need people to share their spotlight and their money then more power to them

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also don't forget the fan man fight (Bowe/Holyfield II), the guy that beat the shit out of James Miller AKA The Fan Man, with that huge brick sized cell phone was part of Bowe's entourage, and well that was just out of place, the cops were already taking care of business when the retard started his attack

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ...it's hard for those guys to say no to their friends especially when they have suffered through the same hardships growing up.

I still think they are worthless people but then again how does one put a price on friendship?
    the thing is that the vast majority of fighters with huge entourages are usually betrayed by those so called friends when things go bad, again Mike Tyson's ongoing shrinking entourage

El Kabong Guest

.....hey some cases are "stupid people make stupid choices" and "stupid people have stupid friends".....it's not just a boxing thing, what about MC 'I'm going to save all the people from the street' Hammer?

Money doesn't solve the problems those guys have...I think of the old addage, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day....teach a man to fish and he'll never go hungry" or something like that. The reason those guys are leeches is either because they are lazy or they don't have any worthwhile skills of their own

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh i completely agree that it's not only in boxing, but i hate entourages period, my way of thinking is if they're not there contributing something and earning their money and stay, then they should get the boot, and shouldn't be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh yeah this does fuck me off
    you have a guy still on the floor dr by his side and then pricks from the winner entourage jumping around the ring

fucking idiots

or the classic wen the fighter has his picture taken and has like 10 ppl around him doin the boxer pose?? wtf is that about im sure they didnt just box
    but there we have it
    u become famous and ur brothers,uncles sisters husbands brother in law
    acting like u been best friends for yrs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather+Mosley
    yeah me too..i just hate entourages period...all of them losers without talent of any skill clinging trying to get a piece....trying to convince themselves that they really care about the fighter whose ball they are sucking..
    me too, i found it completely ridiculous to see just how pointless Mayweather's entourage actually was, i mean he has all his ass kissing "friends" there that are just there to cash on his success, i mean not only PBF, but the best example is Tyson, he would come to the ring with a mob of people, as soon as his career went to shit, and he announced his bankruptcy his little group went shrinking down every fight
    the funny thing about tyson was he actually said that he didn't need al those people around, but he kept them around just because...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information