Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing that pisses me off in boxing...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default One thing that pisses me off in boxing...

Those leaching sons of bitches who crowd the ring after the fight...

You see it all the time, give the guys a fucking chance to catch thier breath, talk to the other guy...

Sometimes you see these guys go through 12 rounds war, hit eachother with everything and as soon as the bell goes they aint even got time to properly talk to each other befre the ring is overrleaded with a bunch of twats all trying to suck up and get rich untill the guy losses.. it fucks me off realy bad...

this post has been a long time coming - but watching getti v ward III last night really pushed me enough to post it and see if im alone or not in this..

Right at the end of what was 30 rounds of hell and back they put their heads together, their hand son the bak of the others heads and just wanted to catch thier rbeath and express their admeration for eachother, but before they could have anytime those sons of bitches were in the ring jmping all over thier guy whilst he was trying to talk to the other...

A while back in a ufc match, i seen to guys Welterweights i think, 3 x 5min rounds; They hit the living shit out of eachother, punches, knees elbows everythign including the kitchen sink... and when the final bell went, they just both got on thier knees, put thier heads together, hands on the back of eachothers heads and spoke for what seemed like ages, they wern't friends, they had smacked talked during the run up like every fighter does, but NOONE went over and disturbed them untill they were done...

Hate this shit in boxing when a fight is over it gets flooded by all them people... should be the 3 or 4 rings guys in the corner sorting their guy out, the MC ref and 2 fighters, everyone else shud fuck off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: One thing that pisses me off in boxing...

It must be frustrating for the fighters but I have always wondered if I got a front row seat whther I could get into the ring. so many people go in I think it would be worth a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah me too..i just hate entourages period...all of them losers without talent of any skill clinging trying to get a piece....trying to convince themselves that they really care about the fighter whose ball they are sucking..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw some huge black dude get into the ring in the Gatti fight before the ref stopped the fight, he was right behind the ref, only the Ref can stop a fight even if the corner throws in the towel the ref has to stop the fight not even the Dr can stop the fight he advises the ref, did anyone else see it who was this clown, if he was from the Gomez camp then Gomez should have been disqualified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blake
    I saw some huge black dude get into the ring in the Gatti fight before the ref stopped the fight, he was right behind the ref, only the Ref can stop a fight even if the corner throws in the towel the ref has to stop the fight not even the Dr can stop the fight he advises the ref, did anyone else see it who was this clown, if he was from the Gomez camp then Gomez should have been disqualified.
    that was the commisoner..he overrules all of them....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its my pet hate, after the fight I think Ive done my job then fuck off. Look up and the Rings full of people Ive never seen before whats thay all about.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather+Mosley
    cheers did'nt know that, but still he should get in the ring until the ref stops the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers did'nt know that, but still he should get in the ring until the ref stops the fight.

i think it was actually he that stopped it because the ref was still counting..whereas after that beating there sahouldn't have been a count...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he was one of those people who come out of the wood work and latch onto a fighter, Ali had loads, they seem to leech of the fighters, not so bad in the UK becasue of the new rules about who's alowed in the ring, you can't even do interviews in there anymore, so the medical staff can carry out there work unhinderd which is a good thing where in the states anyone and everyone seems to get in,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm actually just tired of seeing those members of the entourage that talk to the camera knowing full well that A) nobody is paying them any mind and B) nobody can really hear you. I remember when Larry Merchant put a trash-talking entourage member in his place when he got too loud for the fighter to be heard (and he was from that fighter's entourage). Only person that needs to talk trash when the fight is done is ... *drum roll* ... the fighter. Everybody else is just hype.
    "Even Roy Jones was forced to 'Lean Back'"

- Fat Joe

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Preme, I couldn't agree more. Those people piss me right off, its just a pathetic attempt to leech off of a fighter.
    I could understand having a couple family members or friends come into the ring, but not 30 douche bags all trying to show the camera that their bling is the biggest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    CC Preme, I couldn't agree more. Those people piss me right off, its just a pathetic attempt to leech off of a fighter.
    I could understand having a couple family members or friends come into the ring, but not 30 douche bags all trying to show the camera that their bling is the biggest.
    guess im not alone in this then cc back...

---

Yeah i can understand with the guy who stopped the gatti fight, gatti is a legend there and aint a fighter whos gunna stay down when he can get up, maybe he can't fight or think no more but damn he will try and stand... and that ref counting was sick to see - gatti looked half dead after that punch and had he got up and taken one more it could of been very serious so yeah im glad the guy got in...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah me too..i just hate entourages period...all of them losers without talent of any skill clinging trying to get a piece....trying to convince themselves that they really care about the fighter whose ball they are sucking..
    me too, i found it completely ridiculous to see just how pointless Mayweather's entourage actually was, i mean he has all his ass kissing "friends" there that are just there to cash on his success, i mean not only PBF, but the best example is Tyson, he would come to the ring with a mob of people, as soon as his career went to shit, and he announced his bankruptcy his little group went shrinking down every fight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Boxing News magazine they have a profile Q & A with one fighter every week. Last week's was with Gatti, who said he hates groupies who are just there to be around a fighter. He apparently kicks anyone out the dressing room he doesn't feel belongs there with him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....it's not just boxing it's a part of life. Everyone wants to ride on the coat tails. The boxers must not mind too much cause they always bring all these people down and i've seen after fights where some boxers even try to get more people up in the ring after a win !!
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information