Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is there a banned list?

What's up with so many people getting banned?

Is there actually a list of everyone who has been banned? I would like to see it.

What made me think of this was a post on the other board about some samson guy getting banned. I dont know who he is, but i'm sure he joined a list of hundreds of others who have been banned.

Sometimes it seems like people get banned kind of easily.

I wasnt a big fan of thebestp4p. But it doesnt seem like he did anything that warranted him getting a lifetime ban from the forum. He was a long time member and even though I wasnt crazy about him a lot of people liked him.

It is a forum: different people, different opinions...that is good. Variety is good. Like with landmine and royal; though I didnt agree with them it was interesting/funny to read their posts.

Im not saying they shouldnt have been banned...i dont have an opinion on that. But sometimes it seems like there a little too much micro-management going on.

It seems like some people want a forum where everyone has to agree with one another. Unless someone is openly spamming and being blatantly racist and insulting to multiple members then I dont think they should get banned.

I think forums should kind of mirror real life. If you dont get along with a co-worker can you just ban them? No, you got to learn to deal with it. Or just ignore them.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Is there a banned list?

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm

Is there actually a list of everyone who has been banned? I would like to see it.

What made me think of this was a post on the other board about some samson guy getting banned. I dont know who he is, but i'm sure he joined a list of hundreds of others who have been banned.

I wasnt a big fan of thebestp4p. But it doesnt seem like he did anything that warranted him getting a lifetime ban from the forum. He was a long time member and even though I wasnt crazy about him a lot of people liked him.

It is a forum: different people, different opinions...that is good. Variety is good. Like with landmine and royal; though I didnt agree with them it was interesting/funny to read their posts.

Im not saying they shouldnt have been banned...i dont have an opinion on that. But sometimes it seems like there a little too much micro-management going on.

It seems like some people want a forum where everyone has to agree with one another. Unless someone is openly spamming and being blatantly racist and insulting to multiple members then I dont think they should get banned.

I think forums should kind of mirror real life. If you dont get along with a co-worker can you just ban them? No, you got to learn to deal with it. Or just ignore them.

Samson was being out of order and stepped over the line he was doing it for a while pushing his luck.

And BESTP4P kept sending Mick pms bit like what Magnum done to Wacko and he even went on another account and spammed the main board and he kept having little digs at Mick all the time i noticed it he stepped over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You might get banned for this! Look I got banned a few times, There only doing their job, thats what meake this a great forum, there's not all the trolling and flaming man.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right in that difference of opinion is what makes these places what they are...but idiots just upset the locals. These places are meant to be fun....people have enough shit to deal with in their daily lives without having to deal with it on here.

So, if some gentle pruning is required from time to time to keep the tone of the place, then so be it.

No one wants it to turn ito E*stside or DHB do they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Boxing Fan
    You might get banned for this! Look I got banned a few times, There only doing their job, thats what meake this a great forum, there's not all the trolling and flaming man.
    Lol, yeah...you will probably never hear from Dasamm again!

Temp bans are cool to get someone to straighten out if they are really out of line. Lifetime bans seem pretty harsh!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Samson was being out of order and stepped over the line he was doing it for a while pushing his luck.

And BESTP4P kept sending Mick pms bit like what Magnum done to Wacko and he even went on another account and spammed the main board and he kept having little digs at Mick all the time i noticed it he stepped over the line.
    I cant remember ever reading a post by samson, it just made me think of it people getting banned.

Ive actually been a member for a couple years and I remember Magnum. He was really kind of out there...kind of crazy. The stuff he was doing to wacko was worse then what p4p was doing to mick.

P4P may have been a lot of things but he wasnt mentally unstable like that magnum guy was.

I saw the little digs p4p was taking at mick too. But why does that get him a lifetime ban? Do people have to bow down and suck up to mods?

So p4p made another account and made some (kind of funny) jokes about ruiz...and he did it once then not again. I dont see how that + taking "little digs" at someone can justify banning them forever.

I wasnt even a fan of bestp4p...but he got a bad deal.

I think the less moderated a forum is the better. What is that phrase..."The government which governs best governs least" or something along those lines.

Dont get me wrong, I love Saddo's and I dont ever plan on doing anything to get banned. Without this site my interest in boxing would drop greatly. This is where I get all my news and read all my opinions. I love this site, thats why I have been coming here for so long
    Well Samson was disrespecting Saddo and was just being a right asshole like he always has been i was suprised he lasted that long to be honest as for P4P you don't keep bothering someone in pms Mick did warn him and gave him a chance actually but he didn't change so what can you do P4P got his warning he had 4 day ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie

You're right in that difference of opinion is what makes these places what they are...but idiots just upset the locals. These places are meant to be fun....people have enough S*** to deal with in their daily lives without having to deal with it on here.

So, if some gentle pruning is required from time to time to keep the tone of the place, then so be it.

Something about that "gentle pruning" line sounds evil...

Lol, for real though...like I said I love and rely on this forum for pretty much all my boxing info.

I just thought I would put it out there. It is important to keep people with "power" in check.

Or some day you cruel mods might have us mere serfs of saddos plowing your fields!

ICB Guest

And would just like to point out what you said you don't have to suck up to the MODS at all i have had some debates with Memphis but we are mature enough just to keep it with debating and not let it get into name calling i remember i had little problem with Mick aswell he pmed me and we sorted it out imo Mick is cool guy i respect his opinion he gave P4P a chance and he didn't change there isn't much else you can do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just thought I would put it out there. It is important to keep people with "power" in check.

Or some day you cruel mods might have us mere serfs of saddos plowing your fields!
    If only you knew the truth!!

Saddo Industries Inc already has it's fingers in lots of pies: The world Bank, The UN, Halliburton and has pretty much cornered the Crystal market.

True.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right in that difference of opinion is what makes these places what they are...but idiots just upset the locals. These places are meant to be fun....people have enough S*** to deal with in their daily lives without having to deal with it on here.

that about sums it up bang on

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When did bestP4P get banned? Totally missed that.

What did he do by the way?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    When did bestP4P get banned? Totally missed that.

What did he do by the way?
    Read what i said above.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here is my latest ban no warning or anything just banned....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...6;sa=showPosts

would you really want this place full of these kinda posters?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Something about that "gentle pruning" line sounds evil...

Lol, for real though...like I said I love and rely on this forum for pretty much all my boxing info.

The reason that the 'pruning' line sounds evil might be cause you'll have heard Professor Umbridge using it in the latest Harry Potter movie, and she was a bad cookie. And until I get banned for frequently posting whilst drunk, I'm gonna back Saddo's banning policy.

Thread Information