Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carlos Manuel Baldomir : Opinions

I respect this guy. He has never shyed away from the big fight. He's been in there with Judah, Gatti, Mayweather and now is stepping in with a dangerous Vernon Forrest. A bloke who has beaten Mosley twice and Quartey last time out!

What a year he had in '06. beat Judah, TKOed Gatti and took Mayweather the distance. He is a strong character and has a massive heart. I'm really looking forward to this fight.

It depends on what Baldomir turns up. If he is the Baldomir he was against Judah I reckon that Forrest get TKFO !!!

What's your opionion and how do you see this fight going?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carlos Manuel Baldomir : Opinions

I think Baldomir is an example of a tough plodding journeyman who 'got lucky' so to speak. He was in the right place at the right time.

His win over Judah was because Judah overlooked him, no way in hell a focused Judah loses to him imo.
    His win over Gatti...well who wouldn't have beat Gatti really?

He got shown up against Mayweather as the mediocre fighter he is.

I like the fact that he's never given up and has slowly plodded away and earned his status the hard way but Forrest, if he is to do anything in this division needs to get past the Carlos Baldimor's of this world.

It's by no means a sure victory for Forrest though, we know he can collapse under sustained pressure and he didn't look to hot in his 'gift' win over Quartey.

I still say he beats Baldimor though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I think Baldomir is an example of a tough plodding journeyman who 'got lucky' so to speak. He was in the right place at the right time.

His win over Judah was because Judah overlooked him, no way in hell a focused Judah loses to him imo.

I like the fact that he's never given up and has slowly plodded away and earned his status the hard way but Forrest, if he is to do anything in this division needs to get past the Carlos Baldimor's of this world.

It's by no means a sure victory for Forrest though, we know he can collapse under sustained pressure and he didn't look to hot in his 'gift' win over Quartey.

CC Could not say it better myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Baldomir. Maybe a possible fight with Hatton or Cintron if he beats Forrest.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carlos does nothing flashy, but has good fundamentals and shows up in shape ready to fight hard for 12 rounds...If Vernon doesn't show up in great shape with his A game I see Baldomir simply outworking him for another close UD/SD
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he is a smashing bloke. He has made the most of his opportunities and beat two very well known fighters thus raising his own popularity. Technically not the best but I love his grit and determination and I respect the guy for it and I cheer him on everytime he fights. I honestly think he can pull it out the bag and beat Forrest aswell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think baldi will get the u.d, baldi isn't a hard puncher at all he is a good fighter though and will beat forrest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC in 24 Bil. Totally agree,a limited fighter who was in the right place and was there at the right time. Lacking in most areas but has great heart and determination.

I'd just like to add I think his chin is over rated.He has shown a good chin v blown up WW in Gatti and Zab but who else to warrant this idea of him having a rock solid chin? The toughest fight he has had was v Clottey and Joshua was backing him up often all throughout the fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Nicely put, Baggins.

Succinct and to the point, all of the way.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baldomir had his little moment when he was the liner Welterweight champion. And he picked up a million dollar paycheck when he fought Mayweather. Not to many journeymen can do that. But his little run has run it's course. I see Forrest winning a lopsided UD.

Thread Information