Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: So...who do you think won this match? Let me know...because I thought Wright won.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacko’s Vacation & Drunken Weekend of Disgust & what not!!! Hopkins vs Wright.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wacko’s Vacation & Drunken Weekend of Disgust & what not!!! Hopkins vs Wright.

Hopkins vs. Wright…Wacko’s Vacation of Disgust & what not!!!

First & foremost…I wanted to start Saturday night off correctly…but in hind sight...let me break the news to ya's...this aint gonna be another installment of Wacko’s Drunken Round by Round…atleast not of the standard punch for punch blow by blow nature…no my friend’s…& I mean just that…MY FRIENDS…those that get this for what it is…Wacko's opinion & total dismay!!!!

Anywho…Wacko’s weekend in Vegas was the norm…lots of liquor, gamblin, & stayin at the new addition of the Mandalay Bay…THE HOTEL @ MANDALAY BAY.

WOW.

So…that being said…3 margarita’s & a few shots later…I had two horrible layovers on this trip on my way to Vegas central. I was supposed to arrive at around 10:45 in the p.m. …that didn’t happen. I arrived at the new addition to Mandalay Bay…some three drunken hours late.

Christ almighty I hate airports!

Called up a friend in Vegas. Hit a dive bar. Then wacked out about a $125.00 raw fish bill & am now sitting pretty in me lavish hotel room watching “300” for $9.95 @ exactly 4:57 in the a.m. Friday morn! Couldn’t be happier than a pig in shit. It’s Friday…& the presser should be about midday…but seeing that GBP is tighter than a virgin prom queen on press creds…I couldn’t care about the pressers…as I am going to be sitting pretty by the pool getting me lily white ass sun burnt as a mo-fo around that time.

I didn’t even bring me camera…as I would have to locker check that bitch…due to no press creds…thanks to GBP.

At ruffly 5:10 Vegas time on Friday I plopped in the room & started watching "Zodiac"...oh what a gloriously bloody good flic…& then went forth to live it up by the pool with some queens named Marg…gave up the game early & went to some bar called "Rum Jungle" to catch site of Winky. He looked good & cheerey & ready to go.

Yeah…okay…so around 8:00 in the a.m. (don’t ask why Wack’s still up & running…& believe you me…I’ll be konkin out in about 10-15 minutes now that the flick’s done & over with…WOW!!!!) I finally finished Zodiac!

EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! TOTALLY INCREDIBLE ACCOUNTING!!!! Seriouasly…the “Zodiac” for $9.95!!! Unbelievable accounting of the late 60’s-early 70’s error…seriously…it looked visually late 60’s-early 70’s…& the cast was just full of amazing actors…

So...after room service the fun begins. At exactly 2:57 in the a.m. on Saturday, I hit the showers, & was good to go for an absolutely fabulous predecessor to the forth coming fight.

I’m on Vacation bitches…sorry...this may not be what you were wantin or expectin from ole' Wacko...but it is what it is. I aint breakin my neck trying to get into the pressers anymore…it just aint happenin. I aint a reporter…nor do I have the creds or balls to scale the fences…we’ll just have to cross our fingers for any Wacko action.

Speakin of action…I totally stayed away from the tables & machines this go round. Vegas already ass raped me the last few go ‘rounds…so I aint signing up for another bout of man vs. machine sodomy.

Oh well…anywho…I ended up sitting through the entire card & had a fwockin blast…that is up until the Hopkins Wright fight…but I’ll get into that later…suffice it to say…I thought that Wright won it.

Anywho…I’d like to discuss our new WBC featherweight champion.

First & foremost…all respect to Michael Katsidis (& I‘ll get into that later also) who, IWO, rocked the card so hard that the entire arena was screamin’ to the tops of their lungs. Katsidis is what I like to refer to as “unappreciated talent”…of the highest level…but again…that’s another conversation for another time.

That would be my second time seeing Katsidis & the first of Linares. Of both fighters that I am discussing…I have nothing but praise to issue & future high expectations, but Jorge Linares brought out something in me that boxing hasn’t brought out in quite sometime.

What Wacko? What, may I ask is it that Jorge did for you?

Well…first of all…hope. Linares brought a little slice of hope into ole’ Wacko’s line of site & mind.

What’s not to like about Jorge? He’s fast, accurate, & he’s one of the smoothest heavy hitters to come around in a while. Am I the only one that saw this? Well…that being said…Jorge Linares will be listed as one of my favorites now.

Maybe he can take Bernard’s place…either that or I can move someone else out of my top ten favorite fighters…but Bernard is really running the gambit at the moment.

Anyways, off of Linares & on to the heavy handed Aussie Michael Katsidis. Katsidis is everything a casual fan of boxing could want…& oddly enough…he fit’s the bill for everything that I dislike in those full throttle aggressive brawler types. What can I say though? The kid had me on my feet for the duration & I screamed so long that I was winded & froggy come Sunday morn.

Katsidis started hard & fast, very aggressively for a gent of his size & stature. He dropped his opponent, Amonsot, in rounds two & ten…impressively I might add. Although it was ugly & sometimes edge of seat provoking, Katsidis handed out a 12 round beat down that pretty much rivaled Linares’s display of power & skill. I was thrilled to death…could have been happier. I was even more so thrilled with the Linares bout…but nothing could prepare me for Hopkins vs. Wright.

Now that we’re to that point…let me begin.

Honestly, the fight was better than I thought. It was back & forth & both men did some really really impressive things…but Hopkins’s behavior was atrocious.

At the weigh in…Hopkins acted a fool. He shoved Wright & honestly…I’m really surprised that Wright didn’t bust him in the gotdam mouth. Selling the show is one thing…but that was a bit over the top for me…Wright being the gentleman that he is. I’ve always ALWAYS loved & supported Hopkins…& I will still…but this fight & his behavior really REALLY has & continues to try me, even after the fact.

I’m not sure how things went over the telee…but when the ref brought Wright & Hopkins together prior to the opening bell…he asked them both to perform like the champions that they are. Wright nodded…Hopkins turned & went to his corner. After a first round of Hopkins clenching & Wright jabbing & mugging through Hopkins…whatever you want to call his “style”.

Anyways, Wright was negating Hopkins in many ways. Enter round #2: I aint sure what the time was…but it was early in the second, Wright was cut over the eye, left if I aint mistaken, by what was deemed an “unintentional head butt.” Watch the tape on the fight & you tell me…but whether that one was right or wrong…Hopkins would continue to use his noggin to press & push Wright throughout the entire fight. Wright effectively used his jab & his forearms to aggravate & pressure Hopkins into a state of confusion…something that you rarely see from the Executioner.

The entire time that Hopkins was trying to give angles all he could do was tuck his chin to his chest, shoulder his way in, & then push with his head. Wright would continue to pound & press the jab into Hopkins’s face & chest…Hopkins would continue to be a dirty bastard for the duration.

There was a pretty good bit of holding and wrestling initiated by Hopkins as Winky pretty much shut him down at every other corner. Other than Hopkins getting in close with a right hand counter…there wasn’t much to speak of. This was the first time that Hopkins has actually ever really REALLY been man handled effectively. Antwon Echols is the only other man that actually was this successful.

From the view that I had in the arena, Wright was the busier & more accurate puncher of the two, but it was a close fight & I can see where Hopkins might have won a draw…but not a unanimous decision. In the end, I felt that Hopkins was the stronger of the two…but I expected that to start.

Hopkins was his normal cagey & crafty self…& he had moments of technical brilliance…but he was shockingly dirty…I would say that this was the dirtiest that I have seen my guy work…yeppers…this goes down as one of the most wrong ass fights that I have ever seen…Hopkins as the captain or not.

I honestly believe that this stems from Winky putting the kibosh on Bernard’s game.

I was disgusted…so much so that I left during the 12th round…I didn’t even see the end of the fight…I was that pissed off!

Linares & Katsidis saved the night for me.

I’m still in a kind of sour place right now with boxing…oddly. I know it’s silly to let one fight effect you that much…& I was even bankin on Bernard winning…but not like this…& again, IWO, Winky won the fight.

That’s it.

Anywho, I hate to end it this way…but that’s about all I had to say…& I wanted to be heard…especially by my peers.

That being said…cheers…& koneecheewah bitches.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko’s Vacation & Drunken Weekend of Disgust & what not!!! Hopkins vs Wright.

CC! Sorry for the bummer
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko’s Vacation & Drunken Weekend of Disgust & what not!!! Hopkins vs Wright.

CC for the report Wacko, too bad the fight was such a let-down for ya. Wright is one of my favorite fighters, but I can't comment on the fight because I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it was a bitch to score, everyone seems to have different opinions on it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome back WackOff...

Seriously tho, I got out of the Hop-Wright fight what I geniuenly expected.
    A snoozer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good read as always Wacko.I have to agree with you BHop was a dirty B******. People comment on Hatton holding but Hopkins did it all night. To be fair to Bhop though it was the way to stop Winkys jab but I just found it frustrating. I thought Winky had the early rounds but Bhop got better as the fight went on but I still cant understand the final decision. I myself found out very hard to score the fight but it was definetly closer than the judges had it imop. I think Winky just edged it myself.
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko’s Vacation & Drunken Weekend of Disgust & what not!!! Hopkins vs Wrigh

Thanks Wack - enjoyed the story. I saw the final 2 fights and being an Aussie was disappointed to miss the Katsidis fight (family commitments and needing to get to a pub to see the fight). A guy who i know from the local gym who boxes (since 10 yrs of age, he's now 24) was there with his brother and saw half the Katsidis V Amonsot fight and thought it was great and described the cuts Katsidis had as worse than the Klitschko cuts in the Lewis fight, but loved the fight. I'm pissed i missed it. If anyone can point me to a vid that the promoters haven't taken down yet I'd be most appreciative. We watched the Larios v Linares fight and what a great fight. The body punches were brutal and it was a great non stop fight with a 21 yr old winning a great fight over a champ. Thats what we all want to see, that's boxing for me. The Hopkins V Wright fight i also thought was good but not like the undercards. I couldn't split them and was half expecting a draw. The scores did not reflect the fight. I feel Hopkins did what he needed to do to win the fight, pretty or not, and he did. He used his head a lot, call him Holyfield, and there was a lot of holding. It seemed to me though that Wright did too in the later rounds. With regard to Bernard, when I get to 42 can I look like that please??
    But what it says to me Whack is that the big fights ATM is not where it's at. For whatever reason the "big" fights always disappoint. But there is still plenty to get the blood flowing and get the fans cheering and some great fights to enjoy. I reckon boxing is in a great place at the moment and if we ignore the hype the sprukiers want us to hear we can still revel in the great fights that are on offer.
    On a final note I hope both Larios and Amonsot recover from their injuries and can get the support they need to live a prosperous life because they gave us great fights and paid a high price for their courage and determination. Maybe $$$$ from GBP et al and these big fights can be set aside to support fighters and their families who have injuries like these career ending ones because they give so much to entertain us. Have a CC on me.
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacks

Tell you what bro, you echo my sentiments exactly.... I think a draw was fair enough, Winky was landing the cleaner shots and trying to keep it a fight, not a hit and hold and cheat clinic... I am not as forgiving toward Hopkins as you are... I cant support a dirty piece of shite cheater like that it makes me sick to my stomach that the ref warned him at least 15x on his holding and not once lost a point for it.. He blantantly led with his head and intentionally butted a dozen times

It stinks to high heaven of a GBP political power play, seeing that B-Hop is a high up in the promotional outfit.

Its apparent that B-hop is content on holding and hitting along with blatant cheating to compensate for age and deteriorating skills at this stage of his career.

I cant believe I am saying this BUT I hope if Calzaghe wins against Kessler that he fights Hopkins and just Mows him down and embarasses the shat out of Bernard

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wacko’s Vacation & Drunken Weekend of Disgust & what not!!! Hopkins vs Wrigh

Welcome back wacko, don't know if it makes you feel better but I thought B Hop just about deserved his win, as I do the majority so Wright wasn't cheated.

You must have been real pissed about the fight though to leave during the final round as to most of us the real drama and excitement was going to be how the judges would score the thing.

It wasn't a great fight, but I think it was an important, the top two middleweights of the past decade finally getting it on, albiet at 10 lbs over middleweight, but hey.

Keep your pecker up though mate, we got Vernon Forrest and Carlos Baldimor to look forward to this weekend, and you never know they may put on a barnburner to restore your faith in boxing. :P

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares is awesome. One of my favorite prospects, and I guess he's not a prospect anymore, one of my favorites.

For some reason I don't care that much about Katsidis. I usually like action fighters but not too much with him.

I thought Bernard won, his style is what it is now. He's not the same type of fighter as he was when I became a big fan. Was always rough but much busier. Wasn't that exciting but I did see Hopkins winning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the two undercards and I was equally impressed with Linares, he kept to his game plan of moving and staying in his range. He did great bodywork on Larios throughout the fight. He really rips those hooks to the body. He is pretty tall too, I think he can move up no problem, and I think he has the style to dethrone Pacman. Katsidis is a very entertaining fighter to watch, he cuts easy has little defense and brawls. He is the lightweight "Rocky". Even had to drain blood out of his eyes, that after shot of Katsidis was pretty gruesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome back Wack Have a I have a feeling If you watch the hbo replay you will see a different fight. It was close but Hop definately won. Fights always seem to look different live and on TV because of where youre sitting the fight looks one way but Youre right it was dirty and lots of holding by both men. Linares was real immpressive and the Katsidis-Amorost fight was amazing. From your seat Kats face must have looked like a cut up tomato. One of the best undercards in recent years.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacko your a big Hopkins fan and he let you down... but it is the passion you have for the game that makes you a bigger boxing fan

that is why your DRBR's are popular... full of passion, unbiest and from the heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Wack,sorry to hear you thought the fight was a let down. I thought B Hop won but was not overly impressed by either guy.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Hopkins vs. Wright…Wacko’s Vacation of Disgust & what not!!!

First & foremost…I wanted to start Saturday night off correctly…but in hind sight...let me break the news to ya's...this aint gonna be another installment of Wacko’s Drunken Round by Round…atleast not of the standard punch for punch blow by blow nature…no my friend’s…& I mean just that…MY FRIENDS…those that get this for what it is…Wacko's opinion & total dismay!!!!

Anywho…Wacko’s weekend in Vegas was the norm…lots of liquor, gamblin, & stayin at the new addition of the Mandalay Bay…THE HOTEL @ MANDALAY BAY.

WOW.

So…that being said…3 margarita’s & a few shots later…I had two horrible layovers on this trip on my way to Vegas central. I was supposed to arrive at around 10:45 in the p.m. …that didn’t happen. I arrived at the new addition to Mandalay Bay…some three drunken hours late.

Christ almighty I hate airports!

Called up a friend in Vegas. Hit a dive bar. Then wacked out about a $125.00 raw fish bill & am now sitting pretty in me lavish hotel room watching “300” for $9.95 @ exactly 4:57 in the a.m. Friday morn! Couldn’t be happier than a pig in S***. It’s Friday…& the presser should be about midday…but seeing that GBP is tighter than a virgin prom queen on press creds…I couldn’t care about the pressers…as I am going to be sitting pretty by the pool getting me lily white a** sun burnt as a mo-fo around that time.

I didn’t even bring me camera…as I would have to locker check that bitch…due to no press creds…thanks to GBP.

At ruffly 5:10 Vegas time on Friday I plopped in the room & started watching "Zodiac"...oh what a gloriously bloody good flic…& then went forth to live it up by the pool with some queens named Marg…gave up the game early & went to some bar called "Rum Jungle" to catch site of Winky. He looked good & cheerey & ready to go.

Yeah…okay…so around 8:00 in the a.m. (don’t ask why Wack’s still up & running…& believe you me…I’ll be konkin out in about 10-15 minutes now that the flick’s done & over with…WOW!!!!) I finally finished Zodiac!

EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! TOTALLY INCREDIBLE ACCOUNTING!!!! Seriouasly…the “Zodiac” for $9.95!!! Unbelievable accounting of the late 60’s-early 70’s error…seriously…it looked visually late 60’s-early 70’s…& the cast was just full of amazing actors…

So...after room service the fun begins. At exactly 2:57 in the a.m. on Saturday, I hit the showers, & was good to go for an absolutely fabulous predecessor to the forth coming fight.

I’m on Vacation bitches…sorry...this may not be what you were wantin or expectin from ole' Wacko...but it is what it is. I aint breakin my neck trying to get into the pressers anymore…it just aint happenin. I aint a reporter…nor do I have the creds or balls to scale the fences…we’ll just have to cross our fingers for any Wacko action.

Speakin of action…I totally stayed away from the tables & machines this go round. Vegas already a** raped me the last few go ‘rounds…so I aint signing up for another bout of man vs. machine sodomy.

Oh well…anywho…I ended up sitting through the entire card & had a fwockin blast…that is up until the Hopkins Wright fight…but I’ll get into that later…suffice it to say…I thought that Wright won it.

Anywho…I’d like to discuss our new WBC featherweight champion.

First & foremost…all respect to Michael Katsidis (& I‘ll get into that later also) who, IWO, rocked the card so hard that the entire arena was screamin’ to the tops of their lungs. Katsidis is what I like to refer to as “unappreciated talent”…of the highest level…but again…that’s another conversation for another time.

That would be my second time seeing Katsidis & the first of Linares. Of both fighters that I am discussing…I have nothing but praise to issue & future high expectations, but Jorge Linares brought out something in me that boxing hasn’t brought out in quite sometime.

What Wacko? What, may I ask is it that Jorge did for you?

Well…first of all…hope. Linares brought a little slice of hope into ole’ Wacko’s line of site & mind.

What’s not to like about Jorge? He’s fast, accurate, & he’s one of the smoothest heavy hitters to come around in a while. Am I the only one that saw this? Well…that being said…Jorge Linares will be listed as one of my favorites now.

Maybe he can take Bernard’s place…either that or I can move someone else out of my top ten favorite fighters…but Bernard is really running the gambit at the moment.

Anyways, off of Linares & on to the heavy handed Aussie Michael Katsidis. Katsidis is everything a casual fan of boxing could want…& oddly enough…he fit’s the bill for everything that I dislike in those full throttle aggressive brawler types. What can I say though? The kid had me on my feet for the duration & I screamed so long that I was winded & froggy come Sunday morn.

Katsidis started hard & fast, very aggressively for a gent of his size & stature. He dropped his opponent, Amonsot, in rounds two & ten…impressively I might add. Although it was ugly & sometimes edge of seat provoking, Katsidis handed out a 12 round beat down that pretty much rivaled Linares’s display of power & skill. I was thrilled to death…could have been happier. I was even more so thrilled with the Linares bout…but nothing could prepare me for Hopkins vs. Wright.

Now that we’re to that point…let me begin.

Honestly, the fight was better than I thought. It was back & forth & both men did some really really impressive things…but Hopkins’s behavior was atrocious.

At the weigh in…Hopkins acted a fool. He shoved Wright & honestly…I’m really surprised that Wright didn’t bust him in the gotdam mouth. Selling the show is one thing…but that was a bit over the top for me…Wright being the gentleman that he is. I’ve always ALWAYS loved & supported Hopkins…& I will still…but this fight & his behavior really REALLY has & continues to try me, even after the fact.

I’m not sure how things went over the telee…but when the ref brought Wright & Hopkins together prior to the opening bell…he asked them both to perform like the champions that they are. Wright nodded…Hopkins turned & went to his corner. After a first round of Hopkins clenching & Wright jabbing & mugging through Hopkins…whatever you want to call his “style”.

Anyways, Wright was negating Hopkins in many ways. Enter round #2: I aint sure what the time was…but it was early in the second, Wright was cut over the eye, left if I aint mistaken, by what was deemed an “unintentional head butt.” Watch the tape on the fight & you tell me…but whether that one was right or wrong…Hopkins would continue to use his noggin to press & push Wright throughout the entire fight. Wright effectively used his jab & his forearms to aggravate & pressure Hopkins into a state of confusion…something that you rarely see from the Executioner.

The entire time that Hopkins was trying to give angles all he could do was tuck his chin to his chest, shoulder his way in, & then push with his head. Wright would continue to pound & press the jab into Hopkins’s face & chest…Hopkins would continue to be a dirty B****** for the duration.

There was a pretty good bit of holding and wrestling initiated by Hopkins as Winky pretty much shut him down at every other corner. Other than Hopkins getting in close with a right hand counter…there wasn’t much to speak of. This was the first time that Hopkins has actually ever really REALLY been man handled effectively. Antwon Echols is the only other man that actually was this successful.

From the view that I had in the arena, Wright was the busier & more accurate puncher of the two, but it was a close fight & I can see where Hopkins might have won a draw…but not a unanimous decision. In the end, I felt that Hopkins was the stronger of the two…but I expected that to start.

Hopkins was his normal cagey & crafty self…& he had moments of technical brilliance…but he was shockingly dirty…I would say that this was the dirtiest that I have seen my guy work…yeppers…this goes down as one of the most wrong a** fights that I have ever seen…Hopkins as the captain or not.

I honestly believe that this stems from Winky putting the kibosh on Bernard’s game.

I was disgusted…so much so that I left during the 12th round…I didn’t even see the end of the fight…I was that pissed off!

Linares & Katsidis saved the night for me.

I’m still in a kind of sour place right now with boxing…oddly. I know it’s silly to let one fight effect you that much…& I was even bankin on Bernard winning…but not like this…& again, IWO, Winky won the fight.

That’s it.

Anywho, I hate to end it this way…but that’s about all I had to say…& I wanted to be heard…especially by my peers.

That being said…cheers…& koneecheewah bitches.

Fella do you agree that Hopkins butted Winky on purpose but disguised it well? (FACT-he tried it at least 4 times)
    He knows every trick in the book at his age and he knew what he was doing imo.
    Keep fighting the way you want but radically change your opponents gameplan and mindset early on and your halfway there
    Only the way i saw it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight again last nite, and I am just as convinced today as I was last week that Hopkins fought like a scumbag and cheated his balls off... He still held after the ref warned him and the ref did nothing...... The fact the scores were so much of a landslide shows you how corrupt and influential GBP are

Thread Information