Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Oyebola 'Brain Dead'... Some appreciation please!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Oyebola 'Brain Dead'... Some appreciation please!

F8cking Cowards

All he did was ask them to put out their Cigarettes and got shot in the face for his troubles and sadly this is a sign of how bad London has become (statistically THE most Violent City in the world at present).

A former champion boxer shot in the head after asking three men to stop smoking is now brain dead and will have his life support machine switched off on Friday, his solicitor said on Thursday.

James Oyebola, 47, was shot at close range in a London nightclub in the early hours of Monday morning.

His solicitor, Scott Ewing, said he was being kept alive today so family members could pay their last respects.

But just before midday Friday consultants will legally declare him dead and switch off his life support machine, he added.

The 6ft 9ins former British heavyweight champion was shot in the head and leg in
    a covered courtyard area at the rear of Chateau 6 in Fulham Road, west London.

Four shots were fired but no weapon has been found.

Mr Oyebola, known as Big Bad during his fighting career, arrived at Chateau 6 at about 11pm on Sunday for a drink with the owner after finishing work at a nearby bar.

He was shot shortly before 1am after intervening to help staff who had asked three men to stub out their cigarettes.

It was 23 days after smoking was banned in pubs, clubs and restaurants in England. His attackers, described as black and aged between 19 and 25, fled the club on foot - apparently in separate directions.

Mr Oyebola, born in Nigeria, won 18 of his 23 fights, and was a bronze medallist at the 1986 Commonwealth Games. After winning the WBC international heavyweight title in 1993, he retired in 1996.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Oyebola 'Brain Dead'... Some appreciation please!

Thats truly awful
    All respect,and condolences

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F****** scumbags can't believe how evil some people are.

Rest in peace James Oyebola

cc for the news, tragic as it is

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take the shooters off them,put the gloves on ALL 3 and see how far they'd have got
    Hate guns and the c*ntish cowards who use em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit man,that's sad news! Fwocking cowards! And over what,cigarettes?!?

ICB Guest

Im speechless i really am sadly this is what the world is about now really feel sorry for Oyebola and his family rest in peace.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every cats got a blade or a shooter in town these days,saw a young kid stabbed to death in front of my eyes last friday.
    Not Nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a damn shame, and I hope you R.I.P. old warrior. It would be real good if they catch those cowards who did that and put them away for life. As much as we have evolved as humans, sometimes I wonder if we're not just a bunch of well dressed cavemen who's 1st instinct is to whack someone for no better reason than they are standing in front of you. Many condolences and much respect to you James Oyebola!!
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a shame, my condolensces to his family. Too many guns, and a-hole's in the streets. Seems like any confrontation escalates to guns these days....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew James a really nice guy, had a phone call last night. He was a lovely man in the wrong place at the wrong time there was no premedited angle to it as is usually the case Im told. He had lots of respect in the circle. Ive a feeling theyll find them Dead.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May he rest in peace, my thoughts, condolences and prayers are with his family. Hopefully, the sh*theads who committed the crime will pay a high price and rot in hell forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is so sad. May he rest in peace.

Its to bad people blame guns and not the people that use them .Lets see this happened in London where guns are ileagal to have not in the US .Even the cops don't have guns in London from what I understand.I guess if they were there they would have just watched it happen. So much for gun laws . Just because guns are not legal doesn't meant they are not there. I own a gun ,at least I can shoot back. Crack is ileagal too ,I guess nobody has that either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to enjoy watching JO. He seemed like a genuine nice bloke.

One of the funniest things I ever saw in the ring happened when he fought Andy Gerrard, the tough little Welsh trialhorse. Oyebola had beaten Gerrard in his debut and was fighting him again in his sixth fight. At some point JO was bashing AG in the corner, raining punches down on him while the camera was just behind Gerrards back, getting a close up. Suddenly, Gerrard turned around and gave this big goofy grin at the camera, then turned back around and started trading with Oyebola. The fight ended up a draw.

His rematch with Scott Welch was a corker too with both men punishing each other.

Sad to see him go out like this. He deserved better and I hope his family can pull through ok.

I hope they can catch these horrible little gits.
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Landon
    That is so sad. May he rest in peace.

Its to bad people blame guns and not the people that use them .Lets see this happened in London where guns are ileagal to have not in the US .Even the cops don't have guns in London from what I understand.I guess if they were there they would have just watched it happen. So much for gun laws . Just because guns are not legal doesn't meant they are not there. I own a gun ,at least I can shoot back. Crack is ileagal too ,I guess nobody has that either.
    Cc's for you...the gun didn't kill this guy some stupid little punks with guns did. People have knives, hammers and all kinds of dangerous shit in thier houses and hate guns, you can get killed just as dead by any of these given the asshole is dumb enough. Very sad..very very sad for this guy, he just asked they could have just said no fuck you and moved on..but there will be plenty of smokes in prision big bubba will be happy to share for a price......
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Such a shame, makes me feel so angry... F****** dick heads, I haven't even heard of the guy but right now i feel like shedding a tear
    Thats cricket

Thread Information