Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is today Heavyweight division half as poor as the division was back in the 90's?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is today Heavyweight division half as poor as the division was back in the 90's?

a prime holifield was beaten my michael moorer 94
    Lennox lewis was ko in 3:12 by oliver mccall in 94
    And a washed up tyson was in jail in 94
    Michael moorer was the no1 champion and was ko by a old fat george foreman.
    This just show how poor the division was back in the 90's
    holifield who look in good shape, fast, sharp and alway showing alot of heart in every fight.
    Am just wondering can he beat the worst champion of the bunch as sultan ibragimov is weaker than most boxing contender out there.
    Sultan ibragimov and ray austin fought one another as the fight ended a draw.
    Sultan and ray austin both were given a shot at the world title
    Obviously ray austin was destroy by the great klitschko in less than 4 minute as Klitschko never even needed to throw his right hand.
    Sultan ibragimov beat up brigg and has probably knock brigg into retirement.

Can a legend like holyfield beat such a weak opponent like sultan ibragimov
    there only 12 years difference between the fight
    Foreman was over 20 year older than Michael moorer
    Is today Heavyweight division half as poor as the division was back in the 90's?
    We will find out OCT 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is today Heavyweight division half as poor as the division was back in the 90's?

Sultan is not a weak opponent.I don't think I need to explain this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is today Heavyweight division half as poor as the division was back in the 90's?

randy coture was 44yrs old when he beat the 32 year old no1 tim slvia UFC heavyweight champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ThegreatJoelouis
    randy coture was 44yrs old when he beat the 32 year old no1 tim slvia UFC heavyweight champion
    Aint this a boxing forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some good point but I don't think sulan anywhere weak as michael moorer and holyfield nowhere good as foreman was at 50 never.
    so holifield is goin to get ko

ICB Guest

a prime holifield was beaten my michael moorer 94
    Lennox lewis was ko in 3:12 by oliver mccall in 94
    And a washed up tyson was in jail in 94
    Michael moorer was the no1 champion and was ko by a old fat george foreman.
    This just show how poor the division was back in the 90's
    holifield who look in good shape, fast, sharp and alway showing alot of heart in every fight.
    Am just wondering can he beat the worst champion of the bunch as sultan ibragimov is weaker than most boxing contender out there.
    Sultan ibragimov and ray austin fought one another as the fight ended a draw.
    Sultan and ray austin both were given a shot at the world title
    Obviously ray austin was destroy by the great klitschko in less than 4 minute as Klitschko never even needed to throw his right hand.
    Sultan ibragimov beat up brigg and has probably knock brigg into retirement.

Can a legend like holyfield beat such a weak opponent like sultan ibragimov
    there only 12 years difference between the fight
    Foreman was over 20 year older than Michael moorer
    Is today Heavyweight division half as poor as the division was back in the 90's?
    We will find out OCT 13
    Riddick Bowe
    Lennox Lewis
    Evander Holyfield
    Larry Holmes
    George Foreman
    Michael Moorer
    Mike Tyson
    David Tua
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    Ray Mercer
    Bert Cooper
    Razor Ruddock
    Tommy Morrison
    Frank Bruno
    Andrew Golota

Your telling me 90s hws were poor ?? 90s hws put on some of the greatest hw fights ever seen and 90s era was probably 2nd strongest era of hws ever only second to 70s name me another era that was as strong as the 90s except the 70s ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how can u say holifield who was ko by riddick bowe and few month later riddick bowe took a beatin from golata.
    3 of these fighter were nobody
    hav u forgot what lamon brewster done to golata
    How was lennox a decent boxer when him and holifield lost against aray mercer as ray mercer was robbed.
    A 44yr old larry holmes beat mercer by a bigger gap of point than a prime holifield or a prime lewis could.
    larry himself was pushing age 50 in the 90's so was a actually a shadow of himself but still better than fighter like lewis and holifield which show how poor the division was.
    I can't beleieve the way u have mention foreman he was also a very old person that again just show how pathetic the divison was back then especially when he beat the no1 guy.
    there never ever been a time when many old people conquer the division
    like holmes
    foreman
    bert cooper
    morrison was ko by ray mercer
    david tua is a nobody in 2 day heavyweight division and is just 34yrs old and that not old for 2 day heavyweight when considering oleg maskaev pushing 40 yrs old is a world champion
    Also 1 year after lewis beat tua then chir byrd hammer tua.
    please do not mention tyson especially after that loss in the in 1990 against a bum like douglous.
    u still metion michael moroor after that shameful loss to a grandad foreman 21yrs gap in age
    I couldn't mention sultan as one the great of this era even thou he ko a bum like holifield and there only a 13 year gap between the 2
    this also show the high level of competition in today era

ICB Guest

how can u say holifield who was ko by riddick bowe and few month later riddick bowe took a beatin from golata.
    How was lennox a decent boxer when him and holifield lost against aray mercer as ray mercer was robbed.
    A 44yr old larry holmes beat mercer by a bigger gap of point than a prime holifield or a prime lewis could.
    larry himself was pushing age 50 in the 90's so was a actually a shadow of himself but still better than fighter like lewis and holifield which show how poor the division was.
    I can't beleieve the way u have mention foreman he was also a very old person that again just show how pathetic the divison was back then especially when he beat the no1 guy.
    like holmes
    foreman
    bert cooper
    david tua is a nobody in 2 day heavyweight division and is just 34yrs old and that not old for 2 day heavyweight when considering oleg maskaev pushing 40 yrs old is a world champion
    please do not mention tyson especially after that loss in the in 1990 against a bum like douglous.
    u still metion michael moroor after that shameful loss to a grandad foreman 21yrs gap in age
    I couldn't mention sultan as one the great of this era even thou he ko a bum like holifield and there only a 13 year gap between the 2
    All your doing is finding every fault and you still didn't answer my question when i said what was stronger era than 90s except 70s.

To be honest every part of your post is wrong i can't really be bothered because i know who you are and i doubt you will last long here im guessing your the ronnie guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ike beauchi was a great fighter but never got a chance to proove it since he wen to jail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ike beauchi was a great fighter but never got a chance to proove it since he wen to jail
    if I have said that the 90 era was the poorest ever and gave evidence and still refuse the truth then wha else can i do
    and by the way the ronnie guy

ICB Guest

if I have said that the 90 era was the poorest ever and gave evidence and still refuse the truth then wha else can i do
    Um you didn't tell me this is 3rd time i have asked now what era was stronger than the 90s except 70s because if you consider 90s poor what other era was stronger except the 70s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    like holmes
    foreman
    bert cooper
    All your doing is finding every fault and you still didn't answer my question when i said what was stronger era than 90s except 70s.

To be honest every part of your post is wrong i can't really be bothered because i know who you are and i doubt you will last long here im guessing your the ronnie guy.
    if I have said that the 90 era was the poorest ever and gave evidence and you still refuse the truth then wha else can i do
    and by the way who the ronnie guy
    because it seem like ur threatin me by sayin i won't last here very long

anymore threat and i'll complain about u

ICB Guest

like holmes
    foreman
    bert cooper

if I have said that the 90 era was the poorest ever and gave evidence and you still refuse the truth then wha else can i do

Report me i couldn't careless you sound very similar to a member who has been banned here if i got it wrong i apologize but you are stating your opinion and claiming it is the truth when it isn't i have asked for 4th time for you to tell me what other era was stronger than 90s and what other era had same quality fighters as Bowe Lewis Holyfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um you didn't tell me this is 3rd time i have asked now what era was stronger than the 90s except 70s because if you consider 90s poor what other era was stronger except the 70s.
    I'll explain the easy way

every era was stronger than the 90 era
    and to use the word strong and the 90 era
    Is the most mis-match sentence anyone ever could use
    so congratulation a accomplish is a accomplish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

like holmes
    foreman
    bert cooper

Report me i couldn't careless you sound very similar to a member who has been banned here if i got it wrong i apologize but you are stating your opinion and claiming it is the truth when it isn't i have asked for 4th time for you to tell me what other era was stronger than 90s and what other era had same quality fighters as Bowe Lewis Holyfield.
    hey look it cool
    I mis understood you as much as you mis understood me

Thread Information