Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Swivels, Gloves, & Water Bag help

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Wanted to know if anyone has tried a few pieces of equiptment i'm looking at and what they think about em. THIS IS NOT SPAM. Looking to purchase a speed bag swivel, new heavy bag and some training or bag gloves. Need Opinions and Experiences with them or others.

First is Aries fight gear super swivel. It's real affordable, but I don't know what the quality is? It doesn't say anything about the material itself like other swivels do, especially with this higher end type of make. Anyone use this before? http://www.ariesfightgear.com/Mercha...y_Code=Swivels

Next is RingSides Synthetic Leather Super bag gloves. Its the 12oz Hook & Loop. Has anyone tried these? Do they fit good with wraps? Alot of gloves sold in "stores" around here are so tight. I want gloves with room for wraps but I don't want to pay pro prices, just a garage punching junkie for now.

On with the water bags. I have 2 heavy bags, both Everlast & Nevatear, one double end 40lb and 100lb worldwide edition. I'm looking into water filled bags for a change. I hear Poair makes the best ones and that century's hydrocore isn't really as good. But I haven't heard anything about the Everlast H2O Water Flex Bags . Has anyone used this or the others and can anyone give me their opinions on waterbags in general?

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Swivels, Gloves, & Water Bag help

Honestly as far as swivels go it is hit and miss...I have used some more affordable ones that seem to wear out in a few months and others that last forever.....

Ringsides gloves are decent....The synthetic ones are not too bad but again you get what you pay for....I will say this...Most of my equipment I buy for my gym as public use....so of course guys treat it like crap because it is not theirs but I also expect some durability out of it and again I am mnot spending a fortune to have them abuse it either....So I generally buy the ringside hook and loops they seem to last a while....6 months to a year before starting to become wore out to the point they are not good for sparring and become bag gloves...But they are the 16 oz...( they don't like it bring your own)...the quality is the same as 12oz...I have the 12 oz bag gloves I only allow the guys who box on our team to use and they last forever....

Swivels I have used a bunch of different ones and like I said it is hit and miss....

As far as bags go...You can never go wrong with everlast...they are the best in the business to this day for a reason....I don't use their gloves because of the way they are put together...( more padding up front not good for punchers)....their bags are top notch...Ringside bags are decent as well.....

If the equipment is for personal use only go with it

JUst stay away from Title gear
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Swivels, Gloves, & Water Bag help

Stick with leather gloves. I've had several pair over the last 20 years and have never had a problem with splitting like I did with the synthetic ones. I have a Powair water bag and think its great. I've had it for about 10 yrs. What I like about it is that it doesn't pack down like regular heavy bags so you don't get a soft spot near the top and the rock hard bottom.

Thread Information