Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonds hits 756 for HR Record(Video Included)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Bonds hits 756 for HR Record(Video Included)

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I dont really know what not hitting 50-60 hrs ever has to do with anything...People have great statistical years out of the blue all the time..Remember Brady Anderson...great two years then nothing...I only said allegedly b/c even with the evidence otherwise he's never tested positive.  I understand not liking him personally, but I don't understand why people expect athletes to all be role models and mister nice guy..If Barry wants to have a more private persona and not cater to the media then I support him...He obviuosly isn't the most social person, but as I've said before I don't need him to be Mr. Sunshine just jack a long one when I go to the park.  Just curious how do you feel about clemens?
    Brady Anderson was a juicer too....never hit over 20 homeruns before or after hitting 50!!!!!

perhaps steroids explains how Jeremy Giambi was able to stay in the game for so long when he was in reality a lifetime AAA player without the roids!

It's not your personality it's HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME!...Ty Cobb was a bastard but he played harder than anyone else which is why he has my respect. Ted Williams could be mean too but he worked hard and his dedication earns him my respect.

Barry gets off on having people not like him....he does things and says things deliberately to piss people off and the way he does it really makes me mad. He gets people good and pissed off at him and then he plays the victim...it's a bullshit move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I dont really know what not hitting 50-60 hrs ever has to do with anything...People have great statistical years out of the blue all the time..Remember Brady Anderson...great two years then nothing...I only said allegedly b/c even with the evidence otherwise he's never tested positive. I understand not liking him personally, but I don't understand why people expect athletes to all be role models and mister nice guy..If Barry wants to have a more private persona and not cater to the media then I support him...He obviuosly isn't the most social person, but as I've said before I don't need him to be Mr. Sunshine just jack a long one when I go to the park. Just curious how do you feel about clemens?
    Brady Anderson was a juicer too....never hit over 20 homeruns before or after hitting 50!!!!!

perhaps steroids explains how Jeremy Giambi was able to stay in the game for so long when he was in reality a lifetime AAA player without the roids!

It's not your personality it's HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME!...Ty Cobb was a B****** but he played harder than anyone else which is why he has my respect. Ted Williams could be mean too but he worked hard and his dedication earns him my respect.

Barry gets off on having people not like him....he does things and says things deliberately to piss people off and the way he does it really makes me mad. He gets people good and pissed off at him and then he plays the victim...it's a bullshit move
    And yet he still has achieved more glory than you and your entire family will ever imagine sniffing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was a great all around player, you cant take away from that. He still has one of the sweetest swings in baseball.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry's Homerun ball is worth less than we thought! By Forbes.com
    Sports memorabilia collectors aren't exactly looking ahead with rabid enthusiasm to Barry Bonds' record 756th home run ball hitting the auction market.

Now that Bonds has passed Henry Aaron's career home run mark, memorabilia dealers are resigned to the reality that the historic ball won't be worth nearly what they would have expected a few years ago. And steroid suspicions, which have cast a pall over the accomplishments of the recent crop of home run hitters, are only part of the story.

A market that was already bubbling over thanks to the dizzying pre-steroids hype that surrounded the Mark McGwire-Sammy Sosa chase of Roger Maris' single season home run record in 1998 has crash-landed with a loud thump.

The $3 million that McGwire's 70th home run ball fetched that year is now estimated at less than $1 million. The fastball that Bonds smashed over the fence in right center field at AT&T Park for career homer No. 756 figures to go for about $500,000, according to auction house experts. That's far less than what they would have guessed a few years ago, not to mention $150,000 below what Aaron's 755th went for in the mid-'90s.

The Bonds ball was retrieved by Matt Murphy, a 22-year-old from Queens, N.Y.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    He was a great all around player, you cant take away from that. He still has one of the sweetest swings in baseball.
    Yes but he took roids on top of that and he and McGwire and Sosa have destroyed some of the most hallowed records in baseball.

Barry would have been a great player anyways but with the steroids.....he just seems greedy to me....he wants to be celebrated like some sort of baseball god and with the way he plays now he's no 5 tool player and he hasn't been one since the mid 90's.

If anyone from this era broke the record the same questions would have been raised.....Barry just exacerbated the situation because of his attitude and his aura of entitlement......if I have kids I don't want them playing any sport like Barry Bonds has played baseball, not that he's not good but he doesn't play the game with respect and he doesn't play in a way that garners respect from fans.

300+ home runs after hitting 30 years old....more than he hit in his 20's

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kind of seems a double standard Lyle...The hitters taking roids should be villified but the numerous pitchers rumored to have taken steroid get off free? People I know that are that involved in MLB have told me that steroid use was very prevalent in pitching staffs, but do to the thinning out of pitching staffs and use of multiple middle relievers you just don't see the gawdy stats like you do with hitters
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

....hey if they did it then they are just as guilty....ANYONE who takes steroids is a cheater in MLB and any other sport that has rules against the use of those substances.

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    And yet he still has achieved more glory than you and your entire family will ever imagine sniffing
    You know what you're probably right but I don't cheat and I don't break the rules to improve my status in society....I could do some crooked shit and make millions but I'd rather EARN what I work for instead of just having it fucking handed to me because I cheated.

But maybe that's just me

Thread Information