Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Froch vs Reid. Can Reid turn back the clock, or does he need to, to win this.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch vs Reid. Can Reid turn back the clock, or does he need to, to win this.

Was wondering if any one has any thoughts on this up coming British Super middle weight battle with this pairing, for me I ain't convinced by Froch at all as yet, but then again Reid ain't looked a world beater in recent times either,

But so as I'm not sitting on the fence ill say Reid if he is fit and ready for it, but if he could turn back the clock I don't feel this would be a close fight even....that is in Reid's favour....

So I have to say come on the Robsta, lets see ya finish in style bro, if ya can that is...(Me biased, who said that its not true, not true I tell yeeeee)
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Reid. Can Reid turn back the clock, or does he need to, to win this.

Froch has tremendous power but one look at the guy, it isn't hard to see that he is going to be beat as he continues to climb the rankings but I'm not sure Reid is the guy to do it. He looked decent in the Contender outing, and is going to have to deal with a lot of pressure from Froch. Lots of powerful shots coming at a lot of different angles, but if he can stay composed and fire in between those punches (and there is PLENTY opportunity) then he is probably going to win the fight.

You can never be to sure how a fighter, particulary one who is climbing in age, comes back after such a beatdown like the one he took from Lacy. But I think he can do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Reid. Can Reid turn back the clock, or does he need to, to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Froch has tremendous power but one look at the guy, it isn't hard to see that he is going to be beat as he continues to climb the rankings but I'm not sure Reid is the guy to do it. He looked decent in the Contender outing, and is going to have to deal with a lot of pressure from Froch. Lots of powerful shots coming at a lot of different angles, but if he can stay composed and fire in between those punches (and there is PLENTY opportunity) then he is probably going to win the fight.

You can never be to sure how a fighter, particularly one who is climbing in age, comes back after such a beatdown like the one he took from Lacy. But I think he can do it.
    Nice one and well said amat, but I feel Reid didn't show up for the Lacy fight do you, and not forgetting the so called Lacy power still took 5 was it rounds to get rid of him,

And while Froch can bang I ain't convinced with his power yet altho now is the time for us to start seeing just how good or powerfull he is or can be...like you say there will be plenty of opportunity for Reid to land, and the key if Reid is fit will be not allowing Froch to dictate the pace dont ya think bud.
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Reid. Can Reid turn back the clock, or does he need to, to win this

Cobra by KO inside 4

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with Smashup

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Reid showed up for the Lacy fight just fine. I just don't think he was the better man in the ring, and while it was a rough and fairly competitive fight, once Lacy got on the inside the right hand was working and that spelled the end for Robin.

Froch isn't going to pose that and I agree, if Carl Froch comes in there and he finds himself unable to just bully Robin Reid around then where does he go from there? I think if the Lacy loss and the layoff haven't hurt Reid, then he wins this fight. He's a better fighter then Carl Froch plain and simple imo.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think hes in the same league as Froch anymore to be honest, hes well past it he looked slow in his last fight and he is open for Frochs shots to take him out. I just cant see him hurting Froch either and i can see Froch stopping him early, mark my words .

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why bother with this fight if you were Froch ?
    He talks big , Robin is well past his best , so wot is Froch waiting for ? a WORLD title shot when hes in his 30's ?
    Lacy destroyed Robin - Calzaghe destroyed Lacy - so wot is the point of taking this fight , its time he stepped up into world class and a title fight.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information