Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Tyson vs. Foreman. Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Heavyweight Of All-Time, Semi-Final: Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Greatest Heavyweight Of All-Time, Semi-Final: Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman

The final awaits the winner.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight Of All-Time, Semi-Final: Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman

I hate to say this, but I think Tyson would end up catching and finishing off Foreman. Not to say Tyson was greater than Foreman (who I believe is a top 5 of all time HW), but styles make fights and I think a guy with the power, speed and accuracy of prime Tyson would be tough for a guy like Foreman who was much slower and didn't have the greatest defense back in his prime.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight Of All-Time, Semi-Final: Mike Tyson vs. George Foreman

It's 100% George Foreman....too strong too tough and mentally stronger as well....it took HUGE haymakers to drop either guy but only George beat greats!

George's wins over Joe Frazier seal the deal for me....that's a dominant heavyweight right there, Frazier was not only undefeated but some considered him unbeatable at the time and George walked through him.

Tyson never fought and beat a guy as tough or as dangerous as Joe Frazier....unless you count Bruno or Rudduck and even then it's a BIG stretch to compare those guys to Frazier

El Kabong Guest

....and when I bring up Foreman-Frazier it's not just the result it's HOW George handled Frazier.

Frazier needed to get on the inside, he needed to get the hook off and the right to the body off, and George was the matador and Joe was the bull and Foreman did an excellent job of eluding Frazier and in my opinion he could do the same thing to Tyson.....move and get in position then start bullying.

We all know George was the baddest man on the planet....if there is a fighter in the history of boxing that I would NOT want to face it's George Foreman......then Mike Tyson.....I'd rather fight Mike Tyson right now than George Foreman right now....George is a freak of nature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be a great fight while it lasted. Tyson had a great chin and so did George and while Tyson has the handspeed he didn't have the foot movement or height to outbox George.

George wins by about the 6th round in a bloody war.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a war this would be ..... two devastating finishers with granite chins and underrated technique.

For me, Tyson's key to victory would be to get in close (at his optimal punching distance, which would be within George's optimal punching distance), but avoid being tied up or leaned on by Foreman. Foreman's key to winning would be to keep Tyson at arm's reach where his long, clubbing haymakers were so devastating.

I see Foreman as too big and powerful to be bullied by Tyson, and he would certainly not have been intimidated by him. Watch round 1 of Frazier/Foreman I, and see how George uses both hands to push and manhandle Joe away from him into 'no mans land', where he unloads the heavy artillery.

A great great matchp and full of intangibles, but for me, Foreman wins more often if they fought 10 times.

This one would never go the distance, either way

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson because he had better technique, size, speed, timing and power than Frasier. Foreman would not have time to set up his punches. In a strange way it could go to points if no-one was knocked out early similar to the Rudduck fight where both just absorb the bombs and Tyson had better conditioning at his best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Explosive vicious power (Tyson) vs. Brutal Raw strength (Foreman)

Big George for me, capable of taking tysons onslaught at the start and weathering the storm.
    Tyson had not enough skill to resist georges power tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, does this mean we're having a rematch of the rumble in the jungle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike is my All time favorite fighter but, i think i'm gonna have to go with George on this one. Tyson never handle real big fighters too well so i think George would take him out by at least the 8th, because Mike has a great chin but eventually he would go down.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had to go for Tyson. He was just unstoppable in his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is a hard one to decide but i picked tyson because of his hand speed , head movement and of course power

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Tyson because he had better technique, size, speed, timing and power than Frasier. Foreman would not have time to set up his punches. In a strange way it could go to points if no-one was knocked out early similar to the Rudduck fight where both just absorb the bombs and Tyson had better conditioning at his best.

Tyson had the size? Do you know who Joe Frazier is?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    this is a hard one to decide but i picked tyson because of his hand speed , head movement and of course power

George hit the harder of the 2. The only head movement Tyson would be doing is when his head comes straight off his shoulders.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    I had to go for Tyson. He was just unstoppable in his prime.
    You need to watch some old Foreman fights!

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Foreman stood up to Ron Lyle, Joe Frazier, and when he was 40 plus years old he took punches from Holyfield that knocked out Mike Tyson......George took those when he was 40.....AND he hurt Holyfield some in the fight too....more than Tyson ever did and don't bring up this PRIME stuff George was 40 freaking years old when he fought Evander so Mike has NO EXCUSES!

Tyson was smaller than Joe Frazier

Joe Frazier had good head movement too and look what it got him....KNOCKED THE FUNK OUT....twice

Thread Information