Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Tyson vs. Holmes. Who Wins ??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, 3rd place playoff: Mike Tyson vs. Larry Holmes

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, 3rd place playoff: Mike Tyson vs. Larry Holmes

First to 20

ICB Guest

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, 3rd place playoff: Mike Tyson vs. Larry Holmes

Larry Holmes by decision he had the footwork the speed the chin and the jab to beat prime Tyson he would get dropped in the 6th round but he would win a decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, 3rd place playoff: Mike Tyson vs. Larry Holmes

I think a prime Tyson would sometimes find his way through the jab. Tyson would be able to get inside and damage Holmes to the body for periods in the fight. Holmes' jab would keep it close though (when he could land it). Tyson by UD or maybe late KO.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    I think a prime Tyson would sometimes find his way through the jab. Tyson would be able to get inside and damage Holmes to the body for periods in the fight. Holmes' jab would keep it close though (when he could land it). Tyson by UD or maybe late KO.
    Actually an old past it Holmes with hardly any training was able to use good defensive skills and Tyson didn't land hardly any hard blows until the 4th round but thats because Holmes didn't have his speed in his prime he would be able to do what Tony Tucker did but actually win the fight and not stop throwing punches after the 4th round.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes would give Tyson a boxing lesson IMO.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went with Mike. I have mentioned that his prime was short, but he was very good during that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Douglas beat Tyson he showed a good chin, heart, a very hard jab & a smooth right.

Holmes showed all these skills, not just in one fight like Douglas, but throughout most of his career.

Overated Tyson gets found out against all the historical top heavyweight fighters IMO & Holmes is definately one of those.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson by split decision, tough to call. Even though Holmes went 4 rounds with Tyson, old and undertrained, Tyson was still in control and winning the fight. Tucker landed one good punch but lost the fight. Tyson was always winning rounds even with people that went the distance with him. Holmes went on to beat an unbeaten Mercer and fight Holyfield all the way so he still had a lot in him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buster Douglas put on a masterful boxing clinic on Tyson and he's not even in Larry's class. i think Larry would either stop him late or get an easy UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, 3rd place playoff: Mike Tyson vs. Larry Ho

It was no where the same Tyson when he fought Douglas so i wish ya'll would let that go. A prime tyson around 87 had the head movement, foot and hand speed to get past Larry best weapon the jab. I think Larry would have put up a good fight but Mike would still have knocked him out around the 8th or 9th round.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, 3rd place playoff: Mike Tyson vs. Larry Ho

Bloody hell- which people are voting for Mike Tyson

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen Tyson was still in prime years when he fought Douglass and i am sick of people giving excuses for Tyson losing he was just outboxed Douglas used the jab and took him down and if it were Ali or Holmes in prime he would of been destroyed by there jabs

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Listen Tyson was still in prime years when he fought Douglass and i am sick of people giving excuses for Tyson losing he was just outboxed Douglas used the jab and took him down and if it were Ali or Holmes in prime he would of been destroyed by there jabs
    Tyson was in his prime years but he didn't train for Douglas he had no headmovement but i think even Tyson at his 100 percent peak could of lost to Douglas that night Douglas fought a perfect fight until he posed in front of Mike and got knocked down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

larry holmes would win by decision

Thread Information