Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who Wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enzo Maccarinelli V David Haye

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Enzo Maccarinelli V David Haye

OK so JimBoogie started an excellent thread which kicked off the mass debate ( ) about who would win, Enzo or Dave?

Both have their good and bad points and it seems that everyone sees different +/- in both guys.

So, vote on who you think would win and feel free to add a sentence or two as well as a CC for Jimboogie...
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Enzo Maccarinelli V David Haye

Personally I think Haye will edge this one his power as is immense but don't take nothing away from Enzo but Haye would win a UD points for me and i feel he could hurt Enzo.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With both of them very powerful hitters, I think it's inevitable that the corners will try and protect their fighters, and after his cool, calm boxing display against Braithewaite where he boxed consistently over 12 rounds, I'm picking Enzo to come out on top.

My backup reason for that is also the fact that Haye's only outing over 12 rounds was a dire fight against Ismail Abdoul, and the pace was much lower than Macca v Braithewaite, and I think he'd tire down the stretch, especially with his trouble making the cruiserweight limit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    With both of them very powerful hitters, I think it's inevitable that the corners will try and protect their fighters, and after his cool, calm boxing display against Braithewaite where he boxed consistently over 12 rounds, I'm picking Enzo to come out on top.

My backup reason for that is also the fact that Haye's only outing over 12 rounds was a dire fight against Ismail Abdoul, and the pace was much lower than Macca v Braithewaite, and I think he'd tire down the stretch, especially with his trouble making the cruiserweight limit.
    Agree, though Haye has the obvious chance of a KO, for me Macca outboxes him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp

I don't get why haye has the obvious chance of scoring a kayo? they both have the power to knock eachother out, yeah enzo got knocked out when he was 17 big deal... haye has been put on his ass by less than average fighters in sparring

Enzo has just showed hecan outbox one of the biggest hitters around, a southpaw who cans witch to orthodox, and do it with a bad righthand

Honestly with enzo's work rate movment, and his tightend defense i see him stopping haye late on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

I don't get why haye has the obvious chance of scoring a kayo? they both have the power to knock eachother out, yeah enzo got knocked out when he was 17 big deal... haye has been put on his a** by less than average fighters in sparring

Enzo has just showed hecan outbox one of the biggest hitters around, a southpaw who cans witch to orthodox, and do it with a bad righthand

Honestly with enzo's work rate movment, and his tightend defense i see him stopping haye late on
    I'm referring to Haye's power than Enzo's chin. If I were to put money on the fight I'd pick Enzo to win by late stoppage, but Haye has that chance if Enzo gets careless.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

I don't get why haye has the obvious chance of scoring a kayo? they both have the power to knock eachother out, yeah enzo got knocked out when he was 17 big deal... haye has been put on his a** by less than average fighters in sparring

I'm referring to Haye's power than Enzo's chin. If I were to put money on the fight I'd pick Enzo to win by late stoppage, but Haye has that chance if Enzo gets careless.
    I think they both have a chance of a KO down the stretch, and if one fighter decides to go for it then it could be, but I reckon one will outscore the other, and going into round 11 Haye will need a KO...and that's when it gets interesting.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight would never make it to the late rounds.

Haye knows he wouldn't even have to land one of his best shots to knock Enzo spark out. All he'd have to be wary of is Enzo getting him first.

Enzo seemed a little intimidated by Hobson. So funk knows what he'd be like with Haye firing bomb's at him.

Haye KO 1-3.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enzo's moved on a lot since the first Hobson fight IMO. Big truck was a bigger hitter than Hobson and he couldn't intimidate Enzo. This fight really really should be made, it's the fans that bloody miss out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enzo's moved on a lot since the first Hobson fight IMO. Big truck was a bigger hitter than Hobson and he couldn't intimidate Enzo. This fight really really should be made, it's the fans that bloody miss out.
    I thought Enzo was very good against Braithwaite. But I also thought Braithwaite was disappointing. And to be fair that's not surprising seeing as he came back from retirement.

And it wasn't just age Enzo had over Braithwaite he looked to hold all the physical advantages. He wont have that against Haye.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Haye know's he wouldn't even have to land one of his best shots to knock Enzo spark out. All he'd have to be wary of is Enzo getting him first.

Enzo seemed a little intimidated by Hobson. So funk knows what he'd be like with Haye firing bomb's at him.

Haye KO 1-3.
    As Bomp said....I reckon Enzo has come on a lot since the first Hobson fight, where you have to remember that Hobson came in at fairly late notice, and is a very different proposition to the Johnny Nelson that he thought he was going to fight.

I can't see Haye really being able to KO Maccarinelli early doors.
    As for physical advantages, I think the one he will have is not having to squeeze down to the weight limit, as Haye will have to do, and will struggle enouhgh to do it for the Mormeck fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye knows he wouldn't even have to land one of his best shots to knock Enzo spark out. All he'd have to be wary of is Enzo getting him first.

Haye KO 1-3.
    As Bomp said....I reckon Enzo has come on a lot since the first Hobson fight, where you have to remember that Hobson came in at fairly late notice, and is a very different proposition to the Johnny Nelson that he thought he was going to fight.

As for physical advantages, I think the one he will have is not having to squeeze down to the weight limit, as Haye will have to do, and will struggle enouhgh to do it for the Mormeck fight.
    True about the weight. But seeing as Haye will only need a few minutes it shouldn't be noo bother.

As it goes Enzo-Haye will probably happen once they get to the Danny, Audley, Skelton stage

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye KO 1-3.

True about the weight. But seeing as Haye will only need a few minutes it shouldn't be noo bother.

As it goes Enzo-Haye will probably happen once they get to the Danny, Audley, Skelton stage
    I really think that when they're both nearing 40...that Enzo will win their fifth meeting to get a shot at the heavyweight title....or so FW promises.....

ICB Guest

Enzo has the better stamina not much difference in chin department i can't really say i think it just comes down to who lands the big punch first.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked all 5 responses because I could :P

But my real pick is Haye KO 4-5 rounds. I think their skill sets are quite similar
    but Haye is a little more agressive, and a little harder hitting
    This would be a great match-up though, definately be entertaining
    for casual boxing fans as well.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information