Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andrew Golota

I just finished watching a few of his fights, Ive seen them all before but not for a while. People say Tyson is the craziest heavyweight of all time, but I disagree. Golata takes that title. After watching the two Bowe fights I was actually angry. Especially the second one when hes giving Bowe a beating with only a couple minutes left in the fight and throws three low blows and land two of them. Why the f#ck did he throw them after being warned by the ref and told by his corner only to throw head shots I dont know... Then I watched the Tyson fight, and yeah Tyson was going to knock him out, but Golota started doing better in the second round and he just quit. I guess Tyson did learn something from that fight though..anyways, then I watched his fight with Brewster and did anyone else notice that he wasn't hurt. He went down a couple times and got up slow, but that was not a guy who was seriously rocked, that was a guy who didn't want to fight imo. Golota is schedule to fight Kevin McBride, and as sad as it is, that sloth may have a chance If Andrew falls apart which I suspect he might. Watching Golota in the ring is like watching the front-runner in a race smash his head on the pavement a foot before the finish line. I just don't understand.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andrew Golota

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    I just finished watching a few of his fights, Ive seen them all before but not for a while. People say Tyson is the craziest heavyweight of all time, but I disagree. Golata takes that title.
    cc boom ... trust me Golota is fruit loop. no question.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, Golota is the craziest/dirtiest HW IMO. Just a complete nutcase. I mean anyone can resort to blatant illegal tactics when they are in trouble or desperate (like Tyson). It takes a REAL nutjob to resort to blatant illegal tactics when you are DOMINATING the fight!
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker
    Agreed, Golota is the craziest/dirtiest HW IMO. Just a complete nutcase. I mean anyone can resort to blatant illegal tactics when they are in trouble or desperate (like Tyson). It takes a REAL nutjob to resort to blatant illegal tactics when you are DOMINATING the fight!
    Golota was like that in the gym.. andrew would lose his cool once you started to press him, he couldnt mentally handle being handled.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool, I've never heard any gym stories about Golota but it doesn't surprise me that that is the case. And to think the guy wanted to drive a truck for a living. I don't know about you guys but the thought of Golota driving several tons of metal down a busy highway is kind of unsettling,.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool, I've never heard any gym stories about Golota but it doesn't surprise me that that is the case. And to think the guy wanted to drive a truck for a living. I don't know about you guys but the thought of Golota driving several tons of metal down a busy highway is kind of unsettling,.
    that is very funny cc for that

ICB Guest

Bowe always had trouble with outside fighters even though Bowe was past it annoys me watching them fights because Bowe had Golota in the 4th round of second fight and Golota landed about 6 low blows in that round and took the steam out of Bowe while Golota got a rest not fair how is anyone supposed to get offence going when you keep getting hit in the nuts all the time ?? that takes alot of steam out of you and is was also frustrating watching Golota give both fights away Bowe should of been more aggressive he was trying to outjab Golota when he couldn't because Golota had slighty longer reach yet he kept staying on outside one problem what Bowe was doing is that when he threw a jab he didn't move backwards to avoid the counter and thats why Golota kept catching him on the counter because Bowe didn't move his feet after and also Bowe was only throwing one jab at a time where as Golota was doubling and tripling his jab thats why he was able to outjab Bowe so easily he basically destroyed alot of Bowes offence with that jab the jab was the key for Golota i enjoyed both fights alot of action shame Bowe wern't at his best in either of the fights but he still would of had alot of trouble even in his prime remember 2nd Holyfield fight when he gave Bowe trouble by staying on outside also the Tyrell Biggs fight and also the Tony Tubbs fight which Bowe should of lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golota would have been in dire straits vs. a prime bowe, Lewis or anyone else at their best... Golota was so weak mentally that he would un ravel when things did not going his way.. never had the mental part of the game down. he was physically strong. yet so weak mentally.

you see it often in top prospects, they matched up to shine early on . its when you are in tough and pressed. thats when you find out what kinda fighter you are.

If a fighter don’t have his or her mind in the right place they set up for failure. very important to have your mind and spirit in the right place.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hehehe. the guy is impossible.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reffer to Golota, Tyson and T. Norris as having demons in their thoughts.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the reason those men will never be considered great boxers.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    That's the reason those men will never be considered great boxers.
    Terry Norris is def. Hall of Fame and hes is argueably the greates Light Middleweight ever.
    How can you say they will never be consideres great boxers?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me rephrase it. Those people will not be considered as candidates for greatest boxer of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the truth is golota had a good level of skill, stamina and speed for a man his size along with good power................ had he had the mental strength of say evander holyfield then he would have been unbeatable but he lacked any mental strentgh in fact he was totally mental

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear bull
    the truth is golota had a good level of skill, stamina and speed for a man his size along with good power................ had he had the mental strength of say evander holyfield then he would have been unbeatable but he lacked any mental strentgh in fact he was totally mental
    I dont know abou that, he was a stong fighter buy he was very robotic and lacked rythm. He was competitive cause of his stregnth and decent speed, not so much technique though imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information