Either way Jones knocks him out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JONES VS HEARNS

Very intereting question. Two very powerful fighters with boxing ability and questionable chins. I think Hearns chin is worse so Jones has the edge. But Tommy had a razor accurate jab that could control a fight. I don't think Jones has ever fought a fighter of Hearn's quality (that's not his fault) so this would be a real test, but at the end of the day I think he had the physical gifts to over come the Hitman.

However, the fighters who beat Hearns in his prime (Hagler, Leonard) did it by imposing their will on him, no one really outboxed him...and I don't ever recall Jones ever being tested like that (having to beat a boxer he could not outbox).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

168 and up I'd go with Roy easily. 154 I think Roy gets taken out. 160 is a tossup, because Roy, at NO time in his career, ever saw anyone who was such a physical freak like Hearns.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    168 and up I'd go with Roy easily. 154 I think Roy gets taken out. 160 is a tossup, because Roy, at NO time in his career, ever saw anyone who was such a physical freak like Hearns.
    Did Roy ever fight at 154

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, he fought at 154 in the amateurs and the first couple of years of his pro career I think.

The Hitman was great but at the end of the day I think Roy's skills and physical attributes would be too much for him. Just too fast, too elusive. It would be a real tough fight for Roy though.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

ICB Guest

Little bit of unfair match up because Hearns best weight was Welterweight and Jones best weight was Supermiddleweight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Little bit of unfair match up because Hearns best weight was Welterweight and Jones best weight was Supermiddleweight.
    roys most credible weight was super middle... his best weigh was middle... he just made his name at super M...

---

I think this would be a hell of a match tho... i don't think there is a certain winner, its to hard to call... we never seen superman fight a taller guy at middle where he was faster with his hands and faster with his reflexes than any other weight...

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    roys most credible weight was super middle... his best weigh was middle... he just made his name at super M...

---

I think this would be a hell of a match tho... i don't think there is a certain winner, its to hard to call... we never seen superman fight a taller guy at middle where he was faster with his hands and faster with his reflexes than any other weight...
    Yeah remember in episode #25 of the original Marvel comics when he fought Mr.Fantastic, his heat vision still ruled the day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns, definitely. Jones gets tagged by those razor-sharp, thunder-loud jabs, he's gonna be reaching down his throat for his eyeballs. Nah, it's just the Hearns fan in me talking there.

Y'all know, the trouble with Hearns was he either ktfo of the other guy or he's the one ending up licking the shiRt off the canvas. My man, Tommy, that's what makes him exciting, you know in the end the stretcher guys are gonna carry somebody off the ring... you just don't know who.

But you can't say it's RJJ either unless you didn't see the Tarver fight.

Hearns or RJJ? 50-50. Cop out. He he he.

Thread Information