http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEIf0FgGxr0

Yes. Not only do you have to explain to your child why sharing and being nice to everybody is important, but now must also explain to them how to use their bulletproof bookbag incase somebody starts shooting/stabbing at them.

I've got mixed feelings about this. There were 23,000 (i think the civillian deaths in iraq were about 30,000) american murders last year. We're not gonna take away guns because some people you just can't help and its better to just get rid of them. This country is built on people's rights first and government intervention second. On one hand it sends a message to people abroad (and here) who may hate us that if you come with guns, we'll make armor (essentially saying that we see them as more of an annoyance than a threat).

At the same time tho, how the fuck do you explain to your kid why they need a bulletproof bookbag at SCHOOL? I'm not sure if it was the 50's or 70's generation that had "nuclear attack" drills incase russia hit us with nuclear weapons. If it was the 50's, we'll be ok because those people have the best character of anyone alive today (aside from the fact that most of them are racist, but thats just how it was back then). If it was the 70's, we're in trouble. That generation has the highest divorce rate, the most tolerant veiws towards people who should be institutionized, and the highest rate of dead beat parents (especially fathers).

I mean we have been spoiled for far too long and if 9/11 would've happened in an earlier decade, it would've never succeeded because people (200 vs. 5 should never let 5 win under any circumstance) would go after them. Children's ability to play and take risks (not saying going to school with the chance of being shot is an acceptable "risk" for an "industrialized"/"civilized" to offer its children) has been limited so much and now it's almost as if they need somebody else to make the tough choices for them. We don't want them to have scars or play so now they can't vent emotions or learn what its like taking a chance. We're giving them "participation" trophies and letting them grow up without discipline. That sends the message that your best will always be good enough and you'll get the rewards in life just by showing up. That's a bullshit message for anyone to be taught.

Here's how life really works (i think this should be the speech for the first day of preschool):
People will hate you. Not because you've done anything wrong to them, but just because they do. Your best will only be good enough if you get LUCKY and are childhood friends with somebody who ends up going somewhere with their life. You're not guaranteed life and could die at any moment, no matter how funny/embarassing/depressing the manner of death is that you're trying to avoid. Nothing goes without consequence and karma is a bitch. Believing in a god will ease these process but you will never meet him and it can be speculated with decent certainty they he doesn't give a damn about you. Your parents will die before you do and on of your best friends will be killed in an unjust way that doesn't make any sense. Ok, here's your name tags. Write your name with your favorite color jumbo crayon that's impossible to color with accurately. Your names will look like crap and atleast 3 of you girls are named jessica. Any questions?