Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We've crossed a line from which there is no turning back...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default We've crossed a line from which there is no turning back...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEIf0FgGxr0

Yes. Not only do you have to explain to your child why sharing and being nice to everybody is important, but now must also explain to them how to use their bulletproof bookbag incase somebody starts shooting/stabbing at them.

I've got mixed feelings about this. There were 23,000 (i think the civillian deaths in iraq were about 30,000) american murders last year. We're not gonna take away guns because some people you just can't help and its better to just get rid of them. This country is built on people's rights first and government intervention second. On one hand it sends a message to people abroad (and here) who may hate us that if you come with guns, we'll make armor (essentially saying that we see them as more of an annoyance than a threat).

At the same time tho, how the fuck do you explain to your kid why they need a bulletproof bookbag at SCHOOL? I'm not sure if it was the 50's or 70's generation that had "nuclear attack" drills incase russia hit us with nuclear weapons. If it was the 50's, we'll be ok because those people have the best character of anyone alive today (aside from the fact that most of them are racist, but thats just how it was back then). If it was the 70's, we're in trouble. That generation has the highest divorce rate, the most tolerant veiws towards people who should be institutionized, and the highest rate of dead beat parents (especially fathers).

I mean we have been spoiled for far too long and if 9/11 would've happened in an earlier decade, it would've never succeeded because people (200 vs. 5 should never let 5 win under any circumstance) would go after them. Children's ability to play and take risks (not saying going to school with the chance of being shot is an acceptable "risk" for an "industrialized"/"civilized" to offer its children) has been limited so much and now it's almost as if they need somebody else to make the tough choices for them. We don't want them to have scars or play so now they can't vent emotions or learn what its like taking a chance. We're giving them "participation" trophies and letting them grow up without discipline. That sends the message that your best will always be good enough and you'll get the rewards in life just by showing up. That's a bullshit message for anyone to be taught.

Here's how life really works (i think this should be the speech for the first day of preschool):
    People will hate you. Not because you've done anything wrong to them, but just because they do. Your best will only be good enough if you get LUCKY and are childhood friends with somebody who ends up going somewhere with their life. You're not guaranteed life and could die at any moment, no matter how funny/embarassing/depressing the manner of death is that you're trying to avoid. Nothing goes without consequence and karma is a bitch. Believing in a god will ease these process but you will never meet him and it can be speculated with decent certainty they he doesn't give a damn about you. Your parents will die before you do and on of your best friends will be killed in an unjust way that doesn't make any sense. Ok, here's your name tags. Write your name with your favorite color jumbo crayon that's impossible to color with accurately. Your names will look like crap and atleast 3 of you girls are named jessica. Any questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: We've crossed a line from which there is no turning back...

$10 says we have and use bulletproof clothing within the next 10 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was in the 50's when we had nuclear attack drills at school. Also, though I grew up during that time, I'm not a racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they are selling stab proof hoodies over here now.And i have to say if i had a teenager they would be wearing it!!!!!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by katfight
    they are selling stab proof hoodies over here now.And i have to say if i had a teenager they would be wearing it!!!!!
    The chav's certainly do love their fashion don't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lmao you know it lyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasback
    It was in the 50's when we had nuclear attack drills at school. Also, though I grew up during that time, I'm not a racist.
    Most of the one's that I know are (atleast when they're in all white company). "If it was the 50's, we'll be ok because those people have the best character of anyone alive today (aside from the fact that most of them are racist, but thats just how it was back then)." I know there were white people that marched right along side Dr. King when he went about ending segregation. The majority probably weren't full fledged racist but they had views that would seem odd today (the need for different water fountains, etc.).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good.

But what if you get shot in the head......

Thing is, EVERYONE knows about these bullet/stab proof clothes so if someone wants to shoot/stab you they ain't gonna shoot/stab you in the chest they will go for a head shot/stab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Very good.

Thing is, EVERYONE knows about these bullet/stab proof clothes so if someone wants to shoot/stab you they ain't gonna shoot/stab you in the chest they will go for a head shot/stab.
    Thats when you take the bookbag off you back and cover your face with it. Their ideal user would use it as a shield as they rush the gunman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NotGuilty136
    Very good.

Thats when you take the bookbag off you back and cover your face with it. Their ideal user would use it as a shield as they rush the gunman.
    If I ever see or hear a news report saying "Today a teenager was shot in a drive by shooting.....LUCKY for him he was wearing his bullet proof backpack" I'll eat my hat. I don't own a hat but I'll buy one.....and then eat it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good.

If I ever see or hear a news report saying "Today a teenager was shot in a drive by shooting.....LUCKY for him he was wearing his bullet proof backpack" I'll eat my hat. I don't own a hat but I'll buy one.....and then eat it.
    Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray, anything can happen. I'd like to hear the news story "Frustrated would-be school shooters now have to buy military grade weapons to carry out successful shootings". Even if they did save a life, our media would put a negative spin on them. They'd have a show with a panel of "experts" and the hot news woman they're using as bait to actually get people to watch the news would ask: "Do you think these are encouraging school shootings by challenging the shooters more? I mean I have two kids and they're bored in school all the time unless their teachers give them a challenge (stupid laugh)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good.

it'll already have two special holes in it so u can just put it on ur head and run!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good.

it'll already have two special holes in it so u can just put it on ur head and run!!!!!!!!!
    You can also buy more than one and remove the bulletproof backing so you can place it in other things. You could buy like 30+ bookbags, take out the lining, and line the interior of your car with it. Or you could line the interior of your clothes with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good.

You can also buy more than one and remove the bulletproof backing so you can place it in other things. You could buy like 30+ bookbags, take out the lining, and line the interior of your car with it. Or you could line the interior of your clothes with them.

have u thought about going to to marketing NOTGUILTY??

you cud make some serious $$$$ with this idea :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a lot of good ideas. Like a construction project to rework all of the underground piping in america (obviously not done by just me). Now is the best time to do it as the aging infrastructure is beginning to collapse It would have much better draining technology for regions susceptible to flooding and it would span the entire country linked to underground storage tanks as well as hydro electric generators. The revamped system would require a lot of skilled workers (new domestic american jobs) as well as a need for american made products like steel and upon completion (long time, decade or more atleast depending on work pace) it would provide electricity to a good bit of the country, provide water to droughted regions, take water off the streets of previously floodable regions, and create many permanent jobs for people in the fields of system management/maintainence and security.

There's a few energy ideas i came up with too but they are more like experiments instead of actual ideas. Huge benefit if they work tho.

Thread Information