Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Pernell whitaker vs PBF at 147???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pernell whitaker vs PBF at 147???

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but who would win. Both great fighters.

mayweather beat an old ODLH an ODLH beat a shot whitaker

if this did happen at 147 and both fighters were in their prime who wins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pernell whitaker vs PBF at 147???

Prime Pernell wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Executioner
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before but who would win. Both great fighters.

Honestly pbf can't be compared to fighters like whitaker who defeated all time greats and made them look amatuerish while doing it in many cases, pbf struggled with lesser fighters like castillo, how would pbf have faired against the likes of chavez, a prime injury free mcgirt, a prime delahoya, etc i dont see victories in any of those matchups, let him prove his greatness by fighting and defeating all the young very good prospects, not over the hill, ringworn, slow fighters, in the cases of baldomir, gatti, delahoya,and mitchell for instance, those victories really prove very little, he cant claim to be great much less the greatest until he has cleaned out the divisions he campaigned at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft

Honestly pbf can't be compared to fighters like whitaker who defeated all time greats and made them look amatuerish while doing it in many cases, pbf struggled with lesser fighters like castillo, how would pbf have faired against the likes of chavez, a prime injury free mcgirt, a prime delahoya, etc i dont see victories in any of those matchups, let him prove his greatness by fighting and defeating all the young very good prospects, not over the hill, ringworn, slow fighters, in the cases of baldomir, gatti, delahoya,and mitchell for instance, those victories really prove very little, he cant claim to be great much less the greatest until he has cleaned out the divisions he campaigned at.
    i watched his fight against ODLH. sweet pea made him look real amateurish by makin him miss so many punches especially in the 2nd round, he also made tito look quite amateurish in some parts of the fight even though he was past it when he fought them both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i watched his fight against ODLH. sweet pea made him look real amateurish by makin him miss so many punches especially in the 2nd round, he also made tito look quite amateurish in some parts of the fight even though he was past it when he fought them both
    Damn straight.

How about "Screech" vs PBF at 147?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ZkdGJj2s8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn straight.

How about "Screech" vs PBF at 147?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ZkdGJj2s8

the vid had me laffin for ages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Glad you liked it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ron palillo was probably hopin he gets "saved by the bell"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd take Mayweather by decision.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

ICB Guest

Oh so you don't remember the fight where Whitaker had trouble with Mayweathers uncle and Whitaker was dropped ?? Mayweather would go very even with prime Whitaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Oh so you don't remember the fight where Whitaker had trouble with Mayweathers uncle and Whitaker was dropped ?? Mayweather would go very even with prime Whitaker.
    Whitaker was winning every round in that fight. He just got caught with one big flush right hand.

Prime Whitaker beats Floyd. Both have great defense, but Prime Pernell threw 80-100 punches per round, and was constantly pumping his jab. He'd outscore Floyd.
    Be a very interesting fight though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be the only fight in history where no fighter lands a punch on another!
    I flipped a coin and it came up Whitaker!

Thread Information