everybody has a different idea when it comes to developing a regular person into a fighter. thought it would be interesting to see what you guys thought. i think a good trainer is a guy who, beyond just teaching them how to punch and counter and things like that, also teaches him how to think. this trainer's ultimate goal is to get his pupil to be able to think creatively/rationally on his own. So that eventually he doesnt need a trainer or corner advice because he already understands the elements of boxing comprehensively. this trainer does this by nurturing his student's love of boxing. he doesnt just run them through drills but sits and watches fights together and talks boxing with them all day. they spend most of their training time doing just that: sharing views and chatting about boxing. The more a person knows about boxing the more weapons they have in their arsenal so its not just for fun it also translates to fighting eventually. I think many fighters are not creative or rational thinkers/fighters because it ultimately goes back to not spending enough time THINKING about boxing in the first place. Thats ultimately the trainers fault for creating a rigid fighter who cannot think outside of the box to save his life because he was never taught to do so. Because the trainer acted like a boss that didn't allow any discourse or debate between the two. debates and things like that should be heavily encouraged because it promotes critical thinking which is the greatest weapon of all in fighting. but i rarely ever see it happening between trainer and fighter.