Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default supplements?

hey guys i train 5 to 6 days a week normally twice a day and i find that during the week of my training i feel real flat sometimes maybe im over training, not sure! my diets ok not the best though but i dont eat much take out foods. i was wondering do any of you guys know a good supplementation or vitamin to take , to give me that extra boost when my energy levels are feeling low. p.s legal drugs

thanks......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: supplements?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    hey guys i train 5 to 6 days a week normally twice a day and i find that during the week of my training i feel real flat sometimes maybe im over training, not sure! my diets ok not the best though but i dont eat much take out foods. i was wondering do any of you guys know a good supplementation or vitamin to take , to give me that extra boost when my energy levels are feeling low. p.s legal drugs

thanks......
    Whey protein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've found that just taking a decent multivitamin daily helps. Also, when I'm feeling a bit rough around the edges from training and seem to be having trouble recovering, I recheck my diet and see if maybe I'm skimping on one of the major food groups....most of the time, I've just had to boost my protein intake just a little (add a can of tuna here, add a strip of beef jerky there).
    Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah multi- vitamin makes sense to me. i'll look into it and make sure i dont get a dodgy brand.
    thanks mate

does anybody recommened creatine though for boxing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been told to take a small non-loading dose - 5g per day - 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. I think this topic is a bit controversial though.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah multi- vitamin makes sense to me. i'll look into it and make sure i dont get a dodgy brand.
    thanks mate

does anybody recommened creatine though for boxing?
    Creatine is great for power sports, requiring explosive bursts of strength lasting up to 20 seconds or so but of less use to endurance athletes. Boxers generally mix both aerobic and anerobic activities so would probably be of some use but it does have side effects.

If you don't drink enough water you;ll get dehydrated and it can bloat you out like a pregnant woman if your not careful.

Regarding Whey protein though, that's less of a supplement and more of an essential. The biological food value (BVF) of whey protein is 159. the highest BVF in food is an egg at 100. That means whey protein has an amino acid profile that is better matched to muscle proteins than any other food.

Regarding creatine I'd take further advice and if you do decide to go with it, start with very small doses and see how it goes.

Regarding whey protein, just go out and buy a few tubs and have a couple drinks a day, maybe one in the morning and one after training or at night. That stuff is magic for building lean muscle tissue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks......
    i think the problem is your diet, you're probably not eating enough or lack the essential foods in your diet such as complex carbohydrates to give you energy.
    Whey protein won't give you energy, it's purpose is to build muscle mass

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]

thats what i thought? but im abit vague
    i heard creatine stores water so does that mean i would put on weight bc i need to lose 3kilos(7lbs)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77

thanks......
    i think the problem is your diet, you're probably not eating enough or lack the essential foods in your diet such as complex carbohydrates to give you energy.
    Actually a Protein deficiency will completely waste you like few things
    Trus me on this
    If I dont maintain a certain level when Im training,it gets so bad Ill get the shakes
    As far as creatine,check with your boxing commision,some are starting to get twitchy about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey

thanks......
    Trus me on this
    If I dont maintain a certain level when Im training,it gets so bad Ill get the shakes
    As far as creatine,check with your boxing commision,some are starting to get twitchy about it
    Really?? that will be a bit hash if they ban it

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themusic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey

thanks......
    Trus me on this
    Really?? that will be a bit hash if they ban it
    There are signifigant amounts of creatine in fish and red meats, so I don't see how they could ban the supplement itself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats what i thought? but im abit vague
    i heard creatine stores water so does that mean i would put on weight bc i need to lose 3kilos(7lbs)
    [/quote]

yes, essentially your body will start to retain water so your muscles appear rounder and fuller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would avoid that loading thing, as it will bloat you quick plus it isn't weight gain you want so much as strength gain...ANYONE know how to help with the creatine bloat? how much you take etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    i would avoid that loading thing, as it will bloat you quick plus it isn't weight gain you want so much as strength gain...ANYONE know how to help with the creatine bloat? how much you take etc?
    there are new creatine supplements on the market that have no bloating effect, that said they are pretty expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    there are new creatine supplements on the market that have no bloating effect, that said they are pretty expensive.
    there not, creapure has no bloating effects and its really cheap

Thread Information