Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just got back online!

There were 3 tornados that knocked out the power in this town and did its worst to the nearest town. There's no electricity since yesterday early evening and from what the power company says the estimate it won't be fixed until 4-5 more days. Thanks to the hard work of my dad we got a generator hooked up which allows me to type of this short message.

My last post on here was just before the power got knocked out. The rain was pouring the hardest that it has in years, and the wind was strong enough that a lot of trees were busted up around town. Luckily nothing bad has happened to my family and our property and as far as I'm concerned that's plenty blessings to be happy about.

Now that things are getting really good on this board I'm glad to be back online.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just got back online!

Glad to hear you and your family are all ok. Welcome back.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome back

Ours was like tht kinda but wasnt as bad...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Chris...thats dedication...hooking up a genny to post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome back Chris. I didn't know you were a mod until just now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    There were 3 tornados that knocked out the power in this town and did its worst to the nearest town. There's no electricity since yesterday early evening and from what the power company says the estimate it won't be fixed until 4-5 more days. Thanks to the hard work of my dad we got a generator hooked up which allows me to type of this short message.

My last post on here was just before the power got knocked out. The rain was pouring the hardest that it has in years, and the wind was strong enough that a lot of trees were busted up around town. Luckily nothing bad has happened to my family and our property and as far as I'm concerned that's plenty blessings to be happy about.

Now that things are getting really good on this board I'm glad to be back online.
    Wow thats CRAZY!!!....I just went through the same thing...we did not have tornadoes (Thank God) but some hellacious thunderstorms that shook us badly and the lightning tor up the whole town with trees being down everywhere ect.......Knocked the power lines down on my road and of course we live on the furthest road from civilization ....( thank the wife for that choice..."OH It will be so nice and quiet no One to bother us blah blah blah)...so of course we were priorty number none......

Had to sit at the Holiday inn for a couple of days...so I feel for ya brother.....

Glad to see all is OK other then the power though CC
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whereabouts do you live, Chris ?

We in the Uk sometimes forget about the true power of nature (its a temperate maritime climate, no volcanoes, no big tornados or hurricanes etc - whenever something does happen its an absolute rarity

When we moan that it is raining, I try and remember what the weather is like elsewhere and thank my lucky stars

Good to hear you are all OK
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Chris N,hope everything is ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I live in small town called Holly, up in Michigan. I was wrong... There were actually 4 tornados according to the newspapers. I didn't see any funnel shaped clouds nearby save the strong winds and heavy rain. I did however get to see all the damages, it seemed that the air was filled with the roar of generators. I mean it sounded like a freakin construction site.

There's 3 gas stations in town, and only one had a generator strong enough to power a couple of gas pumpes. As you can imagine they were pretty quick about jacking up their gas prices. Some people were actually stuck at the gas stations without gas.

Anyways there it was a big mess throughout town along with the nearby counties. I've seen trees ontop of roofs and cars, downed power lines, even many large trees that looked like someone took a bomb to them. The nearest town really got it bad, I don't know how many woodchippers, and large trucks carting away big busted up trees and rubble.

The good news is that they got the power up and running sooner than the automated message from the power company hotline said. They said 4-5 additional days, and this was day 2 without power. Thank God that they got the power back up in my area just a few days after the powerlines got knocked down.

Now everything is back to normal. We did have a big down pour and thunder storm just a few hours ago but nothing to worry about. I do feel bad seeing some poor folks in their shorts and t-shirts while hell breaks loose outside.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good to have you back anyway Chris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    CC Chris...thats dedication...hooking up a genny to post
    Ha ha, that wasn't the reason why we had to hook up a generator. You see here, my mom has frivolous spending habits even when it comes to buying food. We have 3 big refrigerators/freezers crammed with food, and without any power for long we'd have to throw out a lot of food.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTabin
    good to have you back anyway Chris
    I enjoy your posts Thomas. I notice that the more that you put into something, the more that you get out of it. I guess in a way it's similar to when you see someone else put a lot of work into something that you're interested in. I see your posts and Grey's and I just want to jump right in. The only problem is on some of these topics I don't have much to add.

I'll be able to pay my dues by writing up some of the things that I've been eager to post here for quite some time.

Anyways thanks for concern everyone.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn Chris, glad to hear that you and your family are ok.
    I have a solution to prevent that in the future, why don't
    you move down here to Arizona and open up a gym.
    I'll be your first pupil.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arizona would be nice, I wouldn't have to worry about God's Wrath, nor would I have to worry about the humidity. Now if you were to become my student you'd have to learn 'Wax the car', 'paint the fence', and 'scrub the floor.' As you get better I'll even throw in a complimentary headband.

To tell you the truth, in about a month time I'll be heading to the Philippines to continue my college education. I'll just be in just in time to watch the Pacquiao/Barrera rematch.

Hopefully I'll be far away from any Hurricanes, and if in luck I'll be able to continue my boxing education. I'm told that there are no boxing gyms in the city where I'm headed, but there are plenty of fitness centers. My bet is that where there is people sweating, there's going to be a someone that would like to learn how to box.

As I get more familiar with my surroundings I'll get myself a motorcycle, and I'll look for any boxing gyms in the nearby cities. I'll still bring a heavybag and all my gear just in case.

Thread Information