Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical Trials? Whats your take on it?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Medical Trials? Whats your take on it?

Im thinking of applying to do a few, anyone ever done any? Obviously we had the Elephant men episode a year or so ago, i need to earn a bit of extra cash before i move house. I dont know anyone personally who has ever participated in one.

Theres one for like three days in Manchester and you are paid £1300, to do some trails with possible drugs for depression? Im a pretty happy go lucky sort of guy, but im sort of having second thoughts about it but i could really do with the cash. Any opinions?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Medical Trials? Whats your take on it?

Anything that pays £1300 for three days 'work', especially in Manchester, comes with an element of risk I would think?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Anything that pays £1300 for three days 'work', especially in Manchester, comes with an element of risk I would think?
    Ha ha, thats bang on.

Mate 1300 quid for 3 days! Depression drugs?..Who knows, you roll the dice, you takes your chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if there dodgy and you do get fucked up 1300 could buy you a load of prozac to lift your mood
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    if there dodgy and you do get fucked up 1300 could buy you a load of prozac to lift your mood
    Hahahaha i should be fine then!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your not depressed how would they know if it works
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    if your not depressed how would they know if it works
    Well thats what i was thinking but i passed all there criteria, im assuming there testing for side effects?? But who knows aslong as i dont loose a foot or start growing extra body parts why fucking not!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your depressed they make your happy

if your happy they could smack you right up, you'll be stalking the cast of corrie with googly eyes after you pop those pills
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DO IT.. if you're healthy, and you don't do this on a regular basis a little bit of anything won't hurt you.. so just make sure they don't pump you with high dosages heh.. think of people who use drugs like cocaine/heroine etc, if you take a moderate amount of any drug like that nothing will happen that can really hurt you, but it's the using of drugs constantly that kills you. I'd just be kind of sketchy if they had to like cut me open or something, and be left with a scar.. but a pill is a piece of cake!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wouldn't do it personally

Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's really not worth the risk mate. What if your cock fell off?

Bet that's changed your mind ain't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way that can be accurate. Isnt £1300 about $2,600 US dollars?

For three days work? There is NO way.

I live in an area with a lot of universitys around that are always conducting studies on one thing or another. At any given time there are 20 listed in my university paper. Smokers, non-smokers, alcohol, depression, take meds for this/that, etc and even 3 month extended studies that have people take various medications pay no more than $250 a week.

I am a psych major and had a work study job organizing test results last year. One was for a antidepressant and it was a 3 month study where the people were compensated $50 per weekly session and got a $250 completion bonus. Even tests where they would monitor sleep and have people stay for 3 days straight they only received a couple hundred dollars and free food/entertainment.

I dont believe for a second that a 3 day study would pay that much money. Unless they are testing cyanide pills or the effects of gunshot wounds on you.

But if it is legit than they are paying well over 10 times what they should be especially considering its only a 3 day study. Plus, every study I have seen concerning antidepressants/medications last a matter of MONTHS they need long term studies, 3 days wont prove a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm

I live in an area with a lot of universitys around that are always conducting studies on one thing or another. At any given time there are 20 listed in my university paper. Smokers, non-smokers, alcohol, depression, take meds for this/that, etc and even 3 month extended studies that have people take various medications pay no more than $250 a week.

I am a psych major and had a work study job organizing test results last year. One was for a antidepressant and it was a 3 month study where the people were compensated $50 per weekly session and got a $250 completion bonus. Even tests where they would monitor sleep and have people stay for 3 days straight they only received a couple hundred dollars and free food/entertainment.

I dont believe for a second that a 3 day study would pay that much money. Unless they are testing cyanide pills or the effects of gunshot wounds on you.

But if it is legit than they are paying well over 10 times what they should be especially considering its only a 3 day study. Plus, every study I have seen concerning antidepressants/medications last a matter of MONTHS they need long term studies, 3 days wont prove a thing.
    Mate it is i been looking into it for months now there is others aswell that pay over £4000 - $8000 for like 14 day tests. Totally accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gon have a look for yorslef mr know it all http://www.biotrax.com/clinical_medical_trials_list.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

Mate it is i been looking into it for months now there is others aswell that pay over £4000 - $8000 for like 14 day tests. Totally accurate.
    Sounds like you could make a great income just being a medical volunteer then. I would definitely do it for the amount of money they pay...its crazy they pay that much i am jealous! I thought about doing a few from time to time here but never have b/c the pay isnt worth it...i should move to manchester and work full time letting people do tests on me...$8000 for two weeks is crazy! That is almost $200,000/£100,000 a year !?!?

I would take some med tests then hop into my mercedes and spend the rest of my day "medicating" myself with caviar, women, and booze

Thread Information