Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jake's boxing regime

Hi all. I'm somewhat new to the forum. I used to compete at wrestling, and recently, after watching De La Hoya Mayweather 24/7, have chanelled the same intensity and work ethic I used wrestling into boxing, and hope soon to start doing MMA bc of my Wrestling background. Anways, I got a speed bag and heavy bag at my home, and medicine balls jump ropes etc the whole nine yards and am hooked on boxing training, have sparred a bit as well. Here is my workout. I have been doing this outside over the summer, so I always get a nice sweat too. ( I live in Virginia so its VERY hot and muggy there in the summer monthes)

2 three minute rounds of bouncing on toes, moving around, loosening up. (Some days to loosen up I'll take a nice slow jog around the neighborhood, depends on how I feel)

2 three minute rounds shadowboxing..(loose joints, not making fists, just "flowing" snapping the jab, a few combos, hooks moving my head, fakes etc)

3 three minute rounds of FULL body stretching. I incorporate an old wrestling stretch for the neck called neck bridges, where u put all your body weight on your neck to loosen/strenghen the neck. I also do reverse push ups from this position

4 three minute rounds on the heavy bag (first round working the jab, maybe a right cross, 2nd round multiple jabs to practice set ups, right crosses, a left hook. My intensity level picks up the 3rd and 4th round where I flurry with combos, focusing on technique and power)

8 minutes straight on the speed bag. Every time I lose rhythym I set my timer back 5 seconds. My goal is to hit it 8 straight minutes, no messing up.

Core training. I have a friend take the medicine ball (12 lb ball) and throw it into my stomach 25 reps, while I stand up right, exhaling through my nose upon every hit. Immediately after is 25 sit ups on my decline sit up bench. Repeat 3 times. I then hold the medicine ball above my head and do side to sides. 2 sets of 20. Then are body twists. 2 sets of 20-25. Some days, I take the medicine ball and hold it between my legs, and do leg raises with them. 2 sets of 10.

Floor Work. Here I do 25 push ups, then immediately super set with 10 pull ups. (I have a pull up bar that fits in a door) Then 25 push ups and 10 dips, lastly 25 push ups 10 pull ups. Some days I alternate, and instead of body weight exercies like push ups dips and pull ups, i put 95 lbs on the bench and rep it 20 times, take 20 lb dbs and burn out with bicep curls, 30 lb dbs 10 reps standing military press, and 20 reps standing overhead tricep press. 2 sets of that. Most days here I also have a neck harness, and I do 2 sets 25 reps with a 25 lb plate.

Skipping Rope (yes skipping, not jumping) **this is my favorite** especially at the end, thinking about your work out, watching your shadow skip and your feet move...I feel like Muhamed Ali and that I can defeat anyone through persistent hard work. 10-15 minutes straight, depends on the day. I like to talk to myself and push myself at the end with the skipping rope.

4 minutes of quick combo shadowboxing. I'm a lot quicker here at the end, as I've acquired the sweat and I'm not as limber as I was when I started at the beginning. I love ending my workout shadowboxing. Puts the finishing touches on the workout; makes it complete.

The very last exercise is about ten minutes of FULL body stretching (or however long it takes for my heart rate to slow, and the sweat to continue pouring). Very important to get good, slow stretch at the end to improve muscle recovery and flexibility.

Finish with Gatorade and HOT shower (HOTTEST water you can stand, cheaper than a massage)

I know this sounds like a lot, and with my busy schedule, it can make me late for various engagements from time to time, but trust me, its worth it. My mind and body unite here and even if I'm late, I'm calm from the workout, I feel like I can handle most anything. Feel free to comment, suggest or even inquire about this. Hope this motivates a few to get that push to vary the workout. Thanks! I'd also like to get a videotape if anyone was interested and maybe post my workout, or at least part of it, up here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jake's boxing regime

YOUR WORKOUT IS VERY GOOD BUT IT SEEMS IT WILL TAKE TOO LONG
    HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY BECAUSE SOME STUFF YOU DO IS HARD

Thread Information