Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Workout and the Bullworker

Hi, i hav'nt been boxing in a while because i injured the tendons in my thumb. I have got into training, running etc. for about 3 weeks now, so i can go back to boxing. Can you improve my routine?

Monday: Get up at 8.30, eat nothing,out the door running at 8.45. I run up to a very large park/common. Once there i stretch out and get ready. I then sprint for 100m, then jog lightly for about 250/300, then sprint again. Then jog another 100m, then sprint for 100m, job for 300m, and so on. I do that 5 times, so i end up with 10 sprints.

Tuesday: Do same as above.

Wednesday: Rest day

Thursday: Long distance run 4-6/7 miles.

Friday: sprints again

Saturday: rest

Sunday Long distance or sprinting, depends on how i feel.

I eat breakfast/brunch after the run. Then i have a smallish lunch, then dinner.

Also, later in the evenings, i do:
    25 close grip pressups
    50 leg raises
    25 pressups with hands in between close grip and normal
    50 crunches
    25 normal pressups
    25 twisting sit-ups
    25 wide grip pressups
    25 twist pressups

So, if you have any suggestions, that would be great. I didnt put on a lot of weight or fat, but if you could give me any suggestions for anything for losing weight a little faster?

And....the other question was (thought i could hit two birds with one stone)

What do you think about the bull worker. Shall i just stick to pressups, or should i buy a bull worker, or do both?

Thanks for your replies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Workout and the Bullworker

any suggestions

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're doing exercises which target your Chest and Triceps... but nothing for your lats and biceps.

Add some pull ups/rows etc into the mix.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing that I am considering on getting myself is a heart-rate monitor. Therefore when I am running I can have a target heart rate that I can shoot for and can help me make the most of my workout.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got the Polar RS800sd - nice Not kind on the hip pocket though.

It's worth working out exactly what you will and won't use and shop around. I think they bring out new models every year so might get some on sale when new ones come in too.

I bought mine over the internet and saved hundred - I ended up buying it from the USA though so you might find it cheaper locally!

Still working out all the fuinctions though! Good to get one when you have time to really learn everything it does. I feel like I've been wasting mine a bit so far not yet using everything I could!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    One thing that I am considering on getting myself is a heart-rate monitor. Therefore when I am running I can have a target heart rate that I can shoot for and can help me make the most of my workout.
    get the monitor, its worth it. i love mine. i got a polar, according to all accounts from my running friends, even polar low end products are superior the the other ones that are out there, and i have no complaints thus far. not only is it good for targets in distance, it is also good because you can check your recover times in speed sessions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Polar is pretty what I've heard, right now I'm looking to buy one from Mio, might go with another brand though. Big thing is that it fits around my wrist, and accurately tells me my heart rate. I don't really care for all the other bells and whistles as long as I just get what I'm looking for. I can pick up one of the $60-$90 models for a third of the cost on ebay which looks like the route that I'll take.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information