Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who will make it to the finals?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90s vs 2000s Welterweights Semifinals Felix Trinidad vs Floyd Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 90s vs 2000s Welterweights Semifinals Felix Trinidad vs Floyd Mayweather

Trinidad endured some fierce body punching but in the end was too big and strong for the brittish sensation Ricky Hatton. Now he is up against his toughest test in the slick and fast Pretty Boy Floyd. Will he again be just too strong?

Mayweather had some trouble early going dealing with the famous Bazooka jab brom Quartey. Now he is up against the biggest strongest opponents he has ever faced. Time to put those skills to the ultimate test.

ICB Guest

Default Re: 90s vs 2000s Welterweights Semifinals Felix Trinidad vs Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather would win an easy ud Tito would have success if Mayweather goes on the ropes other than that Mayweather wins comfortably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 90s vs 2000s Welterweights Semifinals Felix Trinidad vs Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather wins by decision. Trinidad's big problem was dealing with slick boxers who moved side-to-side. That's what Floyd will do for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theres a distinct gayness about trinidad

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trinidad would have trouble dealing with Floyd's boxing ability. His power would keep him in the fight but I feel he would not hit his target cleanly enough to cause Mayweather big problems. Floyd's defense would be on show again as he boxed to a UD
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

trinidad couldn't deal with mayweathers boxing skill. mayweather ud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo gave Mayweather problems so I could see Trinidad doing it too. Pernell's jab worked well when fought Tito at times but Trinidad overwhelmed him, I could see the same happening here.

Trinidad KO 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    Castillo gave Mayweather problems so I could see Trinidad doing it too. Pernell's jab worked well when fought Tito at times but Trinidad overwhelmed him, I could see the same happening here.

Trinidad KO 8

The first Castillo fight was at lightweight vs. a young, pre-prime Mayweather, not to mention Mayweather took JLC to school in the rematch. Delahoya proved that Trinidad can be outboxed pretty easily. Mayweather is a much better boxer than Oscar, and has yet to be in any kind of a close fight since that first JLC fight.

Mayweather TKO 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Trinidad KO 8

The first Castillo fight was at lightweight vs. a young, pre-prime Mayweather, not to mention Mayweather took JLC to school in the rematch. Delahoya proved that Trinidad can be outboxed pretty easily. Mayweather is a much better boxer than Oscar, and has yet to be in any kind of a close fight since that first JLC fight.

Mayweather TKO 11
    Mayweather may have been inexperienced but his style hasn't changed.
    And how would Mayweather KO Trinidad (who had a good chin) but couldn't do it too Baldomir at Welter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Trinidad KO 8

Mayweather TKO 11
    Mayweather may have been inexperienced but his style hasn't changed.
    And how would Mayweather KO Trinidad (who had a good chin) but couldn't do it too Baldomir at Welter

Mayweather's style has changed tons since the first JLC fight. That's why the rematch was as much of a clear cut victory for Floyd as it was. It wasn't because Castillo was doing anything different than he did the first time around, it was because Floyd was.

As for Trinidad....................

Tito had a bad habit of getting knocked down in fights. Can't really say that about Baldo, though. Baldo has a head like an anvil and I can't remember ever seeing him getting knocked down by anybody. Mayweather would finish Trinidad after he knocked him down once or twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree

but

Mayweather's style is still simlar to the one he used against Castillo, i'm not saying it' exactly the same, yes he did do things different second time round but the premice of his style is unchanged. Plus, Mayweather's powe left him when he went up to welter, he wouldn't be able to floor Tito IMO never mind finish him. Tito did go down sometimes but apart from the fight aginst Hopkins which was at a weight where guys who hit a lot harder than what he was used to and because of his style it led to him being KO'd. But anyway may point is, when Tito went down he almost always got back up, Mayweather wouldn't be able to finish him.

CC though for some good points and giving me something to debate about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree

but

Mayweather's style is still simlar to the one he used against Castillo, i'm not saying it' exactly the same, yes he did do things different second time round but the premice of his style is unchanged. Plus, Mayweather's powe left him when he went up to welter, he wouldn't be able to floor Tito IMO never mind finish him. Tito did go down sometimes but apart from the fight aginst Hopkins which was at a weight where guys who hit a lot harder than what he was used to and because of his style it led to him being KO'd. But anyway may point is, when Tito went down he almost always got back up, Mayweather wouldn't be able to finish him.

CC though for some good points and giving me something to debate about.

cc back

ICB Guest

Tito is too one dimensional to beat someone like Mayweather i see someone mentioned Tito vs Whitaker fight but i mean come on that Whitaker was having drug problems and was way past his best and he stood toe to toe with Tito and went distance with Tito winning 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imma huge Tito fan for his exciting KO's but There is no way in hell that he would beat Mayweather. It would be a shut out. Not KO because I continue to say that Tito's condition was underated in boxing by many and PBF will be more deffensive in the fight than offensive. But this is a mis-match. PBF by UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am shocked, absolutely shocked that so many people believe Mayweather would handle Tito so easily and that one even said Tito would get stopped....ridiculous.

As usual Trinidad is judged way too harshly for his losses at 160. They forget that he was arguably a top 10 ww of all time.

Some are talking about the Castillo fight, well it really is irrelevant, Tito was 10 times better than Castillo or Corrales or anyone else Mayweather has fought with the exception of De la Hoya who was past his best at the time and still gave him a tough fight.

Some mention De la Hoya. Yes Oscar outboxed Tito for 9 rounds but it was far from easy. Tito still won 3 or 4 rounds out of the first 9 and he still made each of those rounds real close. Not to mention he still won the fight against a prime Oscar 8 years before Mayweather fought him to a split decision win.

Nothing I say here means that Tito would win. But to come here and say Mayweather would win easily is just plain nonsense. There is no way in hell that Mayweather steps into the ring with a prime Trinidad at 147 and has an easy UD.

Thread Information