Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxing combo's

Thanks Sharla CC back, Doubt i mwas actually much help but how and ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You did help thanks hitmandonny - you're a good advice giver
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Yeah I think the best combos come from a contact reflex or both that and visual reflex, built around someones over reactions to being hit , moved or lied to.
    (Yep Im stealing 'the lied to' analogy from a recent post..good one that).
    Reading what you wrote, Shane Mosely comes to mind by how he set up his punches bases off the cuff and right off his opponent's reactions. He would block/parry and punch almost simultaneosly all to set up his flurries.

When I was thinking about my shadow boxing I realized that an opponent would probably be reacting to my every move. After I slip their punch, or land my own punch it ought to bring about a reaction from my opponent. I also think that in a lot of instances you can plan around their reactions. Let's say for instance you side-step their punch and they have to turn to face you
    Yeah bro, you can plan and its the first step and the major part of training your self or others to SEE first and so learn the varying limits regarding what they then know/feel deeply as action and what they do consiously for the results that they pre think about.

But how much faster and reactive is the fighter who (then) trains contact reflexes on touch and movments so that the real move or the faint doesn't need thought, its a trained reaction that your muscles build memory to incorperated into the minds (as a knowing between the two systems) so the brain is free to utilze what you know even faster.
    That leads into a style of fighter who is so comfortable in any situation that she /he moves into the zone when under extreme pressure and everything becomes automatic and more.

The key to to be able to fight like this is total exceptance of the moment so your emersed in it.

Much like living life to the full, stop thinking about it ,do it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    Yeah I think the best combos come from a contact reflex or both that and visual reflex, built around someones over reactions to being hit , moved or lied to.
    (Yep Im stealing 'the lied to' analogy from a recent post..good one that).
    Reading what you wrote, Shane Mosely comes to mind by how he set up his punches bases off the cuff and right off his opponent's reactions. He would block/parry and punch almost simultaneosly all to set up his flurries.

When I was thinking about my shadow boxing I realized that an opponent would probably be reacting to my every move. After I slip their punch, or land my own punch it ought to bring about a reaction from my opponent. I also think that in a lot of instances you can plan around their reactions. Let's say for instance you side-step their punch and they have to turn to face you
    Yeah bro, you can plan and its the first step and the major part of training your self or others to SEE first and so learn the varying limits regarding what they then know/feel deeply as action and what they do consiously for the results that they pre think about.

But how much faster and reactive is the fighter who (then) trains contact reflexes on touch and movments so that the real move or the faint doesn't need thought, its a trained reaction that your muscles build memory to incorperated into the minds (as a knowing between the two systems) so the brain is free to utilze what you know even faster.
    That leads into a style of fighter who is so comfortable in any situation that she /he moves into the zone when under extreme pressure and everything becomes automatic and more.

The key to to be able to fight like this is total exceptance of the moment so your emersed in it.

Much like living life to the full, stop thinking about it ,do it.
    That's where sparring comes in to fine tune those movement's into our muscle memory so that it is there without needing to think about it. I notice some fighters that seem so at home when they're practically nose to nose with their opponents. This isn't just good infighters, guys like Willie Pep, Shane Mosely and other guys seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to working with their opponents. I bet their body knew all the right moves beforehand, there was always room for thought with these guys but they didn't have to think about how to do the moves.

I'm thinking that lot of the techniques that Jesse taught can almost add into the autopilot of a fighter, how to manipulate and work around their reactions, how to survive even under pressure, there's a lot of moves and tactics that can be trained into the muscles to be brought out to deal with whatever situation that maybe called for.

I remember reading an article in a martial arts magazine that was agueing whether it is better to know more techniques, or less. The arguement being that more techniques require more thought and less techniques allow the fighter to act quicker.

In the end I think it is how prepared the fighter is and what situations that they have trained to deal with. The fighter already knows what to do beforehand, they just do it.

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its true in most things .
    Unlearning is relevant to boxing too,emptying yourself of the first things you learnt and had to use just to survive in the ring at first in the basics .
    Then you free up and move into bringing your natuaral abilities and even your personality into the ring,thats where flowing around,moving on angles in comfort or saftey ,pushing the boundaries with minimum risk when you just know your safe to do so on the opponents reactions brings out the best combinations.

Then again some people attest to a state of 'like being taken over' goin on auto pilot, when placed under extreme pressure and they go into the zone where they cant seem to do a wrong thing from that point on...be nice to be able to have some control over when and where that happens
    I think all emotion has to leave for that to occur even slightly, so ultra aggression may shut the door to it, as would fear of any sort or maybe any prethought about whats about to happen might block it too
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information