Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Riddick Bowe back 15 September

It sounds like Bowe is scheduled to fight in Sweden in September. Apparently the top man from the Swedish boxing council has dismissed the fight as a farce and has insisted that Bowe should not have his license back.

I didn't realise but in court, in refusing his license in the US Bowe's IQ was listed at being 79,as a result of brain injury sustained during his career. That's border line for retardedness.

If that's the case he really shouldn't be allowed back in any state, just crazy

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Riddick Bowe back 15 September

Id say that's not even borderline... In fact I'll bet many people with some form of mental retardation have an IQ above 79.. I wonder if he would be allowed to box in the special olympics in bejing next year... He may have another shot at glory that way..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    It sounds like Bowe is scheduled to fight in Sweden in September. Apparently the top man from the Swedish boxing council has dismissed the fight as a farce and has insisted that Bowe should not have his license back.

I didn't realise but in court, in refusing his license in the US Bowe's IQ was listed at being 79,as a result of brain injury sustained during his career. That's border line for retardedness.

could Not Agree more.There was A Time early On when Bowe Worked over Time On His imitation Of ali.Mugging In Interviews,Doing The "Im The Greatest",Remember 1st Holyfield fight ,between Rounds Biting The Lip Etc.Etc.Now,It Is Obvious and sad that he And Those around Him are Determined To Bring The imitation To An all to real Mirror Ending.

ICB Guest

Just sad to read Bowe shouldn't be anywhere near a ring.

Below average 70-84 13.59%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

I have heard all kinds of things, but this is the first time I have actually heard of brain damage linked to mental retardation. But it makes sense. I agree fricking Bowe needs to stay out of boxing. He never lived up to his potential before so what does he need to try now when he's ancient.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat

I have heard all kinds of things, but this is the first time I have actually heard of brain damage linked to mental retardation. But it makes sense. I agree fricking Bowe needs to stay out of boxing. He never lived up to his potential before so what does he need to try now when he's ancient.

Bowe is regarded as one of the best, if not the best heavyweight of the 90's.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got a video of him on youtube.

He makes Hloyfield and Hearns look sharp

[youtube=425,350]nzUWIoK9kIs&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat

Bowe is regarded as one of the best, if not the best heavyweight of the 90's.
    Sorry Frozen but he didn't achieve a whole lot. His only title defenses were against two 40 somethings that never lived up to their potentials and though he did beat Holyfield twice, so did Lewis (regardless of the "draw"). And Bowe dodged fighting Lewis.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually Bowe sounds like he has more than a marble or two in his head. He just sounds like someone who went deaf and can't hear himself speak.

I agree that he shouldn't be boxing. For whatever reason he soaks up damage in a way most fighters don't. I would venture so far as to say that Mike Tyson was hit much harder and more often throughout his career and shows nowhere near as much wear and tear mentally (not that he was a Mensa member before).
    Oops

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He shouldn't be boxing. He's not going to go anywhere, in the Golota fights he looked like 1/8th of his former self and that was 11 years ago! He had his time in the sun, the only thing he stands to gain are more IQ points knocked off his score.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker
    He shouldn't be boxing. He's not going to go anywhere, in the Golota fights he looked like 1/8th of his former self and that was 11 years ago! He had his time in the sun, the only thing he stands to gain are more IQ points knocked off his score.
    Bowe vs Golota 2 was one of the worse beatings i've ever seen im surprised the ref let it go on Bowe was getting battered from pillar to post but i do remember being angry when he floored Golota and seemed close to stopping him then Golota landed about 6 low blows that helped him survive i think Bowe may of stopped him had it not been for them low blows when Golota landed them low blows it seemed to drain every bit of energy Bowe had and Bowe losing all that weight made him weak enough as it is he was stubbling around the ring from punches that wouldn't of even moved him in his prime.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah! I remember the announcers saying that his legs looked incredibly small and weak from the quick weightloss. He really had no legs under him from the opening bell on. Vicious beating, not something you wanna see anyone take.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i remember back on fox he almost lost to billy zumbrich

he almost lost to a nobody a early knockdown basically won hm the fight, that shuold of told him to stay retired
    hope his family stops him or something cause it really sad

any body that want to fight bowe is a is a complete disrespect to boxing

no joke

Thread Information