Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marquez - Barriors? Or Marquez-Juarez?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marquez - Barriors? Or Marquez-Juarez?

I been wondering this actually, I feel Marquez vs. Barriors would have been a one sided but explosive fight. I’ve seen Juarez only fight twice which was against Marco Antonio Barrera part 2 & on the under card of De La Hoya-Mayweather. I think this should actually be a closer match up. I think Marquez will of course win but this will be actually closer in my mind then Marquez vs. Barrios but I would rather actually see Marquez vs. Barriors & Guerrero vs. Juarez.

What you guys think? None the less I think it will be a war!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez - Barriors? Or Marquez-Juarez?

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Assassin
    I been wondering this actually, I feel Marquez vs. Barriors would have been a one sided but explosive fight. I’ve seen Juarez only fight twice which was against Marco Antonio Barrera part 2 & on the under card of De La Hoya-Mayweather. I think this should actually be a closer match up. I think Marquez will of course win but this will be actually closer in my mind then Marquez vs. Barrios but I would rather actually see Marquez vs. Barriors & Guerrero vs. Juarez.

What you guys think? None the less I think it will be a war!

Marquez vs. Barrios

I've pretty much boycotted Rocky Juarez fights because all he ever seems to do is lose, yet it does nothing to diminish his chances at a title shot.

He's just cashing out on being fortunate enough to have fought MAB on Barerra's worst night ever (Juarez vs. MAB 1) and having it be a close fight. Barerra schooled him in the rematch, and so has every other top fighter he's stepped in the ring with since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez-Barrios would be far better. Juarez is overrated because he caught Barrera on a horrendous night for Marco AND STILL LOST !!!! Marquez is a better technical boxer than Barrera and MAB gave Juarez a boxing lesson in their second bout. Marquez would destroy him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree about Marquez being technically better than Marco but I do think he is capable of achieveing a similar result against Juarez .

Its a bad mix of styles . It will probably make for a boring fight with Marquez controlling from the outside but Juarez does carry enough power to keep it interesting . Marquez has proven he cannot take a punch at this level without going down . He is more fragile than Barrera so Juarez may get to him if he sustains the pressure .

Raheem was a good win for Juarez against a mover but my gut feeling is he will be on the wrong end of a lopsided UD again .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both JMM and Juarez are highly skilled fighters.

But Juarez punch harder, and JMM has soft chin.

JMM by decision, or Juarez by KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez vs Barrios. It will be explosive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would rather see Marquez vs. Barrios. Barrios style makes for an entertaining fight. Rocky Juarez is a plodder and I can see JMM jabbing his way to a boring 12 round decision. Juarez is too content to let the fight come to him and when you have a boxer like JMM hes not going to do that. He will be content to stay on the outside and jab him all night with Rocky following him around all fight. If JMM brings the fight to him then it should be a barnburner, because isn't afraid of toe to toe action, but he needs to learn how to be more of an initiator than a receiver.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrios may never box again in the states, he has a torn retina...or some serious eye problem.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be an easy fight for jmm, barrios brings excitement but his at best a tune up for jmm. Juarez is one of those boxer that can never get over that last hump, jmm will school him.

I want to see rematches!!!! pac jmm 2 or jmm mab 2

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez should beat Juarez, but expect to see Juarez land his bombs every so often. Marquez should win handily, but if caught could make it harder for himself.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno, I'd rather see the Juarez fight. Barrios got outboxed badly by Joan Guzman so, tuff and aggressive as he is, the same result would happen with Marquez. Juarez seems lazy to me and only looks for the big right hand over and over, and so he too will get outboxed and possibly stopped, but he does have one punch KO power and could possibly knock out Marquez. He's also a better boxer and harder to hit than Barrios. Juarez has the better pedigree IMO, he's the better fighter.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm one of the 3 people on this board who actually likes Rocky Juarez and appreciates the fact that if nothing else, he's a tryer. However, I think he's sacrificed a world title for more money. Juarez could easily be a world champion at featherweight, and IMO would have taken Guerrero yet opted to take a fight he'll more than likely lose. Marquez to win on a wide UD for me.

Having seen this thread, I took it upon myself last night to sit and watch Barrios is fights against Freitas and Guzman, both of which he lost. Even in defeat, this guy impresses the hell out of me. Barrios was superb against Freitas, and I think a fight with Marquez would have been a much closer, exciting fight and certainly a fight with a more deserving challenger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really understand where all this silly talk about JMM having a soft chin is coming from..Has he been stopped?Ermm...nooo.. Down,yes.

Did he get back up? Hell yeah and against whoever dropped,he outboxed and outfought them for the rest of the fight. Secondly,JMM is one of the most technically astute fighters of this generation and definitely top 3 for counter punching.

I would have preferred to see him fight Barrios simply because I think Juarez is a lazy,disrespectful idiot who gets more title shots than any other boxer when he clearly does not deserve it(I'm not saying Barrios did though!) Soto whopped Juarez and STILL has not recieved a shot!

I think Juarez will have his moments in the fight IF JMM comes forward,as he has been doing in his last 4 fights. If he counter punches,he'll easily beat Juarez. He just needs to be weary of the left hook,which is hugely powerful but other than that,Juarez has very little else. Little movement,can be open,pretty slow etc. I'd be disappointed if JMM didn't win although I don't envisage a stoppage,Soto beat Juarez ass and wobbled him a few times but could not stop him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I don't really understand where all this silly talk about JMM having a soft chin is coming from..Has he been stopped?Ermm...nooo.. Down,yes.

Did he get back up? Hell yeah and against whoever dropped,he outboxed and outfought them for the rest of the fight. Secondly,JMM is one of the most technically astute fighters of this generation and definitely top 3 for counter punching.

I would have preferred to see him fight Barrios simply because I think Juarez is a lazy,disrespectful idiot who gets more title shots than any other boxer when he clearly does not deserve it(I'm not saying Barrios did though!) Soto whopped Juarez and STILL has not recieved a shot!

I think Juarez will have his moments in the fight IF JMM comes forward,as he has been doing in his last 4 fights. If he counter punches,he'll easily beat Juarez. He just needs to be weary of the left hook,which is hugely powerful but other than that,Juarez has very little else. Little movement,can be open,pretty slow etc. I'd be disappointed if JMM didn't win although I don't envisage a stoppage,Soto beat Juarez a** and wobbled him a few times but could not stop him.
    JMm has got a soft chin, he may not of been stopped but its been clear he gets hurt easily form punches that are good, but not massive, he has been rocked numerous times and been put down a fair few...

Thread Information