Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Trinidad losses against Jones Jr? Will he go into retirement again?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What if Trinidad losses against Jones Jr? Will he go into retirement again?

Good question I think. I mean who else can Felix fight? I think a rematch with Fernando Vargas would be good except they both might be past their primes and Vargas is doing his last dance with Mayorga. Trinidad vs. Hopkins in a rematch hmmmm I never personally seen the fight but they say it was pretty much one sided. The Winky Wright vs. Felix Trinidad was defitely one sided as I think I only gave the most 3 rounds to Trinidad. So wow, if he losses and is trying to fight another big name well I don’t see anybody who people might actually want see him go against.

The Boxing Assassin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What if Trinidad losses against Jones Jr? Will he go into retirement again?

Tito will probably carry on unless he get's KO'd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What if Trinidad losses against Jones Jr? Will he go into retirement again?

Depends on how many big money fights are on the table, because I can't see any other reason he'd be fighting again.

Too much competition at all of the divisions between welterweight and light heavyweight for him to have even a remote possibility at becoming a champion again.

ICB Guest

It all depends how Tito losses if he gives good account of himself he might carry on if he loses convincing and in embarrassing way he will no doubt retire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mt best guess is he'll be outboxed and retire again which will be bad for his legacy cuz it will be the 3rd time he has done it .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody has figured Tito out yet, We don't know what he wants. As crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't doubt if he flies overseas to go fight Kesller or Calzaghe. Don King could make it happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a sneaking suspicion that not only does he retire,he unretires if the money's right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    I have a sneaking suspicion that not only does he retire,he unretires if the money's right
    Sounds like Tito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Sounds like Tito

"I have lost I am retired"
    "You want to give me 20 million to fight who?
    Did you think I said RETIRED,no,no,no,I said I was TIRED"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Tito retiring again due to the fact that he will probably be ko'd by a harder hitting RJJ. If he did put on a good show, I just don't think he would remain competitive at this weight class. Due to age, Tito won't be able to go down to 147 where I think he'd be more of a threat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It might not be a bad idea for Tito to get himself in the best shape he can and give a good account of himself against Jones, then if he does lose continue on at a weight he is comfortable with and set himself some sort of goal. (167lb?) I think Trainer Monkey got it right and Tito is coming back for the wrong reasons and money isn't everything, why not chase Calzaghe or Kessler? Make it a meaningful comeback.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Tito will Retire after he is beaten badly by RJJ. If he goes 12 rounds and loses, there is a high probability that he will continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it all depends on how bad jones beats tito. tito should of had a tune up fight before this

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxing Assassin

Good question I think. I mean who else can Felix fight? I think a rematch with Fernando Vargas would be good except they both might be past their primes and Vargas is doing his last dance with Mayorga. Trinidad vs. Hopkins in a rematch hmmmm I never personally seen the fight but they say it was pretty much one sided. The Winky Wright vs. Felix Trinidad was defitely one sided as I think I only gave the most 3 rounds to Trinidad. So wow, if he losses and is trying to fight another big name well I don’t see anybody who people might actually want see him go against.

The Boxing Assassin
    It would depend how he lost. If it's a points loss, and not a wide one, he'll seek a rematch with Jones. If it's a KO or a repeat of the Winky fight, Tito will go back into retirement until Don King throws money at him, waves his little flags and screams "Tito, Tito...My shining star!" again.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he loses then there is nothing to suggest that he wont retire again.

If he wins then I expect he will try and continue.

Thread Information