Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angry ANGRY new halloween movie rant (spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Angry ANGRY new halloween movie rant (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    First off, F*** ROB ZOMBIE!!! This movie didn't have S*** to do with the original except have the names of the people. Is says michael was 10 in the beginning of the movie instead of 6, it said he toutured animals and had killer warning signs while he did not. It says he had abusive parents (step dad) and his mom was a stripper when in actuality his parents were intact and were going to a halloween party that night. He killed like 4 people that night instead of just his sister. It has nothing to do with the celtic seed thing and in the book it even said he loved his parents (but because of the seed thing) he hated the idea of his sister reproducing and thats why he killed her. Thats just the bulshit in the first 10 minutes. Most of the killings happen in michaels old house when no one stepped foot in that F****** house until halloween 2.

Garbage film, garbage director, and if i ever see rob zombie i'm gonna F****** beat his a** and ask for my $8 back. F****** peice of S*** ruining a classic film like that. He better not try to make a F****** sequel.
    Isn't that celtic seed thing revealed in one of the latter sequels? I think Zombie probably doesn't accept that as canon- perhaps just the first two movies. I personally liked the idea that there was absolutely NO explanation as to why Myers did what he did just why there was no explanation as to why he was practically indestructible.

Now when you see a remake you have to accept the high possibility that SOMETHING's going to be different. Hopefully some things will be better, but often times they're not (anyone see the "Hitcher" remake?). But nonetheless, it was explained well in advance that this is a reboot, a reimagining of Michael Myers rather than a run-of-the-mill remake. You had to have seen it coming.
    The seed thing wasn't revealed until H6 (which is the best one and I understand that 5 movies is a lot to wait to explain the basis of the first movie). It doesn't matter if zombie didn't like that idea in 6 because that was pretty much the intro in the book (which is what the entire series is based off of).

I'm not sure what you mean in bold. Do you like how zombie explained it that he was abused and all that and basically went thru the motions of being a killer (at age 10) or in the original how he was age 6 and something just took over him (later revealed to be the emrgence of the celtic seed thing) despite his good upbringing and no abuse of any kind? I perfer the original because he's essential the embodiment of evil and has 0 humanity/emotion at any point in his life (until a part of 4 or 5 where he breaks away from it for a brief second).

Again I was gonna avoid seeing this at all cost but i heard it may have only been a different version of the first not an entirely different movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's called thorn not seed. I dunno where the hell I got seed from. The series as a whole has major plot gaps but I'm a megaman video game player so I can look past them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess this movie was just a different version of the original. I think they tried to explain how he escaped from the hospital and also how he got that suit he's wearing.

This was a more R-rated version of the original, but it doesn't fit with ANY of the other Halloween films.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136 View Post
    The seed thing wasn't revealed until H6 (which is the best one and I understand that 5 movies is a lot to wait to explain the basis of the first movie). It doesn't matter if zombie didn't like that idea in 6 because that was pretty much the intro in the book (which is what the entire series is based off of).

I'm not sure what you mean in bold. Do you like how zombie explained it that he was abused and all that and basically went thru the motions of being a killer (at age 10) or in the original how he was age 6 and something just took over him (later revealed to be the emrgence of the celtic seed thing) despite his good upbringing and no abuse of any kind? I perfer the original because he's essential the embodiment of evil and has 0 humanity/emotion at any point in his life (until a part of 4 or 5 where he breaks away from it for a brief second).

Again I was gonna avoid seeing this at all cost but i heard it may have only been a different version of the first not an entirely different movie.
    What book are you talking about? Is that a novelization of the movie? I thought John Carpenter wrote Halloween specifically to be made into a movie. You ought to know to toss out whatever is in a book. That's never canon-material when making a movie, I'd say it's more of a jumping off point. I like Zombie taking a step in a different direction and not making the exact same movie as we'd already seen. Some things didn't work for me- the abusive, dysfunctional relationship was just a little too pat an explanation for me as to how he became the killer. I liked how in the original it just happened for no reason.

In my opinion Zombie has made marked improvement with each film and I'm interested in seeing what he does next. House of 1000 Corpses sucked, but The Devil's Rejects was a whole lot better and Halloween was a step above that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136 View Post
    First off, FUCK ROB ZOMBIE!!! This movie didn't have shit to do with the original except have the names of the people. Is says michael was 10 in the beginning of the movie instead of 6, it said he toutured animals and had killer warning signs while he did not. It says he had abusive parents (step dad) and his mom was a stripper when in actuality his parents were intact and were going to a halloween party that night. He killed like 4 people that night instead of just his sister. It has nothing to do with the celtic seed thing and in the book it even said he loved his parents (but because of the seed thing) he hated the idea of his sister reproducing and thats why he killed her. Thats just the bulshit in the first 10 minutes. Most of the killings happen in michaels old house when no one stepped foot in that fucking house until halloween 2.

Garbage film, garbage director, and if i ever see rob zombie i'm gonna fucking beat his ass and ask for my $8 back. Fucking peice of shit ruining a classic film like that. He better not try to make a fucking sequel.

Number 1 Michael Myers fan?
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got traumatized watching Evil Dead 1 when I was 4. I had phobia going out in the woods at night by myself because of that movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    I got traumatized watching Evil Dead 1 when I was 4. I had phobia going out in the woods at night by myself because of that movie.

For me it was that old black and white movie The Crawling Hand. I just knew that damn thing was under my bed, hell I didn't get over it till I was about 32
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by USA LOVES THE KLITSCHOS View Post
    For me it was that old black and white movie The Crawling Hand. I just knew that damn thing was under my bed, hell I didn't get over it till I was about 32
    I haven't seen that movie yet. But it sounds like a classic thrill. I have a 5 year old boy, I'm going to watch that with him when I get a chance. I'm sure Netflex carry it.

Thread Information